Shoutbox

[self-split] Revision Commentline in Translations - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: [self-split] Revision Commentline in Translations (/showthread.php?tid=26036)

[self-split] Revision Commentline in Translations by CookieRevised on 05-25-2004 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
I think Patchou should add a (commented) line where translators put the revision number, telling how to. If this is needed... :^)
I thought of that also, but it's up to Patchou to decide if it is realy needed (it would make life a bit easier though ;) On the other hand, everybody must update it also which each revision or it's useless :p But I support the idea)

PS (info): We are allow to put 4 comment lines on top of the translationfile. Also, Patchou asked to remove all the english comments (but not everybody does *-)... but I must say that I also didn't remove them all, well, I mean, I kept the realy important ones which say "don't use &", "don't translate", ... for futur reference (or if someone uses the translation as a template))
RE: [self-split] Revision Commentline in Translations by Choli on 05-25-2004 at 08:27 PM

a version number of the translation file? I think it's better to put that info in the 4 first commented lines. That, with the compatibilitylevel number, give an idea of the version of a file.

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
(or if someone uses the translation as a template)
they should use the original english file
RE: [self-split] Revision Commentline in Translations by CookieRevised on 05-25-2004 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
a version number of the translation file? I think it's better to put that info in the 4 first commented lines. That, with the compatibilitylevel number, give an idea of the version of a file.
Exactly what we mean ;) :banana:

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
(or if someone uses the translation as a template)
they should use the original english file
yeah indeed...  but new/other Dutch translators or people who want to make a dialect or people who search for errors might use it... or see Lang_Afrikaans.ini ;) (it is based upon the Dutch translation -or rather "was"-)