Shoutbox

My Screen Wiiiiizzes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: My Screen Wiiiiizzes (/showthread.php?tid=26118)

My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Maniac on 05-26-2004 at 06:10 PM

I have a WEIRD problem with my screen, every once in a while it starts going wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz and its a VERY high pitched sound, i have no idea what it is nor where its comming from all i know is it stops when i shut the screen off and comes back when i put it on, i cant contact the person i bought it from cause that'll be useless (i live in morocco.... customer service.... doesnt really exist...) anyone have any ideas on how i can stop the annoying sound AND use my screen lol!

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by tomfletcherman on 05-26-2004 at 06:28 PM

If it's old, you might consider wearing ear plugs and staying a bit further away from your screen;)

how old is it and what make?

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Kryptonate on 05-26-2004 at 06:32 PM

Do you do anything special before you get this problem?
Are the drivers for your VGA updated?

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by matty on 05-26-2004 at 06:35 PM

The noise is like a High Pitch screech. Its a sign of, in a sense, frequency out of range but the picture is still visible. I get this too on my monitor. I have to take it in to get repaired.

Its a sign that potentially your monitor is going to die.

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Maniac on 05-26-2004 at 06:43 PM

My monitor is like 2 months old ..... hahahahaha :D

And i dunno about my VGA drivers, how do i do that? (The sound basically started a couple of weeks after i got it)

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Shadows_death69 on 05-26-2004 at 07:29 PM

Where'd you buy your computer from? did it get shipped to you ? I mean you could try and find the shop's email or something...

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Kryptonate on 05-26-2004 at 07:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by VGProManiac
And i dunno about my VGA drivers, how do i do that? (The sound basically started a couple of weeks after i got it)
what VGA do you have?

(altough the sound looks more like a monitor problem then a VGA problem :-/)
RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Maniac on 05-27-2004 at 12:25 AM

What the hell is a VGA lol!

I got the monitor from a shop and all but it would take years to get it to even be looked at i dont want to waste my time (you guys think it's easy cause for u it is, here no one gives a damn about sounds ur screen makes :( )

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by DJeX on 05-27-2004 at 12:29 AM

Mine did that once. the way i fixed it was a swift slam with my hand on top on the screen. :D useing force to fix problems always works, except if you want to fix glasses, a cup, a watch, CD-ROM,............... well you get the point lol

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Vantage on 05-27-2004 at 12:30 AM

Umm....why dont u try taking the sides off of ur monitor and then maybe seeing.....maybe you should update ur drivers :S....

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by DJeX on 05-27-2004 at 02:00 AM

ummm not a great idea to take the sides off....... well it depends what type of screen it is. If its a tube screen I wouldent recomend it (very fragile) but if it's one without a tube well give it a try.

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Maniac on 05-28-2004 at 07:02 PM

My screen really pissed me off so i beat it up, the sound is less frequent but when it comes it is split up in short lenghts.... it is still annoying it goes wiiz wiiz wiiz .... then stops then again wiiz wiiz wiiz :@

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Millenium_edition on 05-28-2004 at 07:08 PM

haven't you got any guarantee?

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Chris.1 on 05-28-2004 at 07:14 PM

Does your monitor have a "Deguass" function? That may help.

Also, try changing screen resolution... does it still make the noise?

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by DJeX on 05-29-2004 at 02:57 AM

Well it helped a bit, useing force to fix it was the best bet. LoL

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by lhunath on 05-29-2004 at 08:20 AM

change resolution or refresh frequency...

RE: My Screen Wiiiiizzes by Dung3onMast3r on 05-30-2004 at 12:24 AM

I'm not a computer technician but if I had you problem I would try the following:
1. Try to unplug and plug the monitor again.
2. Set your screen resolution to 640x480. If the sound stops, then try higher resolutions until you find the highest one without that f*cking noise.
3. Try another monitor, it will probably be a monitor problem but... who knows?
4. If it still doesn't work and you are more than desperate, mess with contrast, bright and all that settings, mabye a miracle will happen and your monitor will work fine!!
5. Try breaking the monitor on the salesman's head to see if he cares about your problem. You should also carry some weapons if the breaking stuff doesn't work.

Some of these may help you, some other won't. :D