Shoutbox

Msg Plus! 3 Uninstalling Itself!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Msg Plus! 3 Uninstalling Itself!! (/showthread.php?tid=26214)

Msg Plus! 3 Uninstalling Itself!! by hydraulic_matt on 05-28-2004 at 01:22 AM

This is getting really annoying ive got

Windows XP Professional

Msn Messenger 6.2.0133

Msg Plus! 3.00.92

and every time i log out of my user account about 1 day later msg plus uninstalls itself!!:@ Ive already had to install msg plus 4 times and i only got it a week ago! what could i do to fix this problem? ^o)

RE: Msg Plus! 3 Uninstalling Itself!! by CaSpA on 05-28-2004 at 02:34 AM

Are you sure som1 in your house is not uninstalling it? ask any1 who uses your computer

RE: Msg Plus! 3 Uninstalling Itself!! by RebelSean on 05-28-2004 at 02:37 AM

I believe that it says you must install it on your Administrator account..I read that in another thread...:D

RE: Msg Plus! 3 Uninstalling Itself!! by Choli on 05-28-2004 at 08:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hydraulic_matt
and every time i log out of my user account about 1 day later msg plus uninstalls itself!!
when you said user account, do you mean that you account has (only) user rights? Well, you can install plus in an administrator account and that will solve your problem * or you, if you install (or installed) plus in a limited account (ie: one that hasn't got admin rights) you have to start Messenger using the shortcut that Plus creates in the Start menu. If you don't do this, Plus won't be loaded.

* Note: Currently some people have problems with this. They install Plus in an admin account and after that, when they log in as a normal user (or guest or power user), Plus isn't loaded. That's due to a stupid bug in the current version. Don't worry. I can guarantee you that that will be fixed in the next version that Patchou will release very soon.
RE: Msg Plus! 3 Uninstalling Itself!! by hydraulic_matt on 05-29-2004 at 04:38 AM

Ive installed it on an administator's account and none of my family members are uninstalling Msg plus .

Thanks for the explanation Choli,  i just hope that Patchou will release the new version soon! ;)

THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING ME 8o| aHHHHHHHH!!