Shoutbox

Pause/resume - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Pause/resume (/showthread.php?tid=26222)

Pause/resume by Dan0208 on 05-28-2004 at 07:23 AM

just a quick question... wondering how you can pause and resume downloads on WinMX as the other day i wasd
downloading a file and got to around the 300MB mark and my computer froze so i restarted expecting to continue downloading and the INCOMPLETE_filename said it was 0kb. so yea that was a pain so i had to start again.
Thanks

RE: Pause/resume by Varish on 05-28-2004 at 07:29 AM

It sounds like your half-downloaded file is corupted, other wise, ur download should have been resumed upon reconnection.

RE: Pause/resume by Weyzza on 05-28-2004 at 07:30 AM

You can pause it by disconnecting the file transfer.
Resuming of the file transfer is done automatically (the program will search the file from other users).

Hope this helps :).

RE: Pause/resume by Dan0208 on 05-28-2004 at 07:48 AM

ok thanks thekid i thought about that and ill remember to do that at regular intervals next time. the only thing is what about when i have a hard time finding a file because no one has it or the people are always queued to like a thousand and i finally find one, when i disconnect for a couple of seconds to "save" the partial download wont i lose my spot and therefor may have to wait a hundred years for someone or that person to come back with the exact same file.

RE: Pause/resume by Pipish on 05-28-2004 at 07:57 AM

hmm i am not sure
that doesnt happen to me
but if you download firefox there is a stop resume button for your donloads i reccomend you do

RE: Pause/resume by Dan0208 on 05-28-2004 at 08:04 AM

o ok damm anyone else?

Also what is Firefox? is it another P2P? can anyone confirm that it is not filled with spyware etc and is worth the download?

Edit: Checked out that Firefox and i take it that it was the download manager you were referring to? that wont help will it as i am downloading from within a P2P (winmx)??

RE: Pause/resume by Sunshine on 05-28-2004 at 08:20 AM

If the dl doesnt automaticly start or appear in ur transferlist click on "load incomplete", then righclick the file and choose "find sources now". If its not in the list after clickin "load incomplete" ur dl got corrupted.

RE: Pause/resume by Mike on 05-28-2004 at 05:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
o ok damm anyone else?

Also what is Firefox? is it another P2P? can anyone confirm that it is not filled with spyware etc and is worth the download?

Edit: Checked out that Firefox and i take it that it was the download manager you were referring to? that wont help will it as i am downloading from within a P2P (winmx)??
Lol...
Firefox is an internet browser.
It has a download manager and maybe he was confused with "download" ...
Anyway...
You can try Klite.
You can find it at http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=kazaalite .
It has no spyware/adware :)

RE: Pause/resume by Millenium_edition on 05-28-2004 at 06:02 PM

i think winmx is better. but if it's 0kb, and you were downloading it, either you're mistaking (wrong file), either it's in use and shows as 0 kb

RE: Pause/resume by Dan0208 on 05-29-2004 at 07:43 AM

When is restart and run WinMX then click load incomplete file the file comes back up but starts from the beginnning. can be really frustrating when you get to like 80% of a 600MB file.
And no i dont think it would have been in use because i hadnt gone anywhere near file and was waiting till it finished.

Not mistaking the file either as it does come back up after load incomplete it just appears as 0%
Thankyou all for your time

RE: Pause/resume by Anubis on 05-29-2004 at 08:10 AM

If you're using an anti-virus software...(Norton and McAfee most likely) they can sometimes stop downloads and corrupt the file if the file contains a virus...If the file is infected it could be just screening it out...If you're looking for a P2P with no ad-ware or spyware I'd personally recommend Kazaa Lite K++ or eMule

RE: Pause/resume by Millenium_edition on 05-29-2004 at 08:21 AM

ehm dude winmx doesn't containt spyware/adware

oh and why it detects a virus: some parts of the file are incomplete, what means that some bytes might look like some bytes of a virus/trojan. so the av will react. putting the file onto the ignore list usually does the trick ;)