Shoutbox

OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus (/showthread.php?tid=26254)

OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus by ChronoGSM on 05-28-2004 at 07:35 PM

Sorry guys, i posted the poll and topic fot the filtransfer statuses, and a lot of you voted for it. (thanx for that)
But today i noticed a typing error in the poll, so i eddited it and corrected it.... BUT... by doing that, the counter was reset to 0 :S
(i didn't know)

So please, all of you, re-vote for it, so the counter reflects the true and fair voting

Thanx y'all  (Y)

RE: OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus by WDZ on 05-28-2004 at 07:40 PM

Sorry about that, but the votes must be reset when you edit a poll to prevent abuse.

RE: OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus by saralk on 05-31-2004 at 06:46 PM

it makes sense, cos if u had a crap idea, and u made a poll saying is this a good idea (yes/no), then it could be changed so everyone who voted no, has it changed to yes

RE: OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus by Chrono on 05-31-2004 at 07:01 PM

what if a mod edits it WDZ? cause i dont remember having this problem... :undecided:

RE: OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus by WDZ on 06-01-2004 at 02:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
what if a mod edits it WDZ? cause i dont remember having this problem... :undecided:
Well, I expect mods to be more responsible with poll editing, so they don't have to reset the votes.
RE: OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus by MC Inferno on 06-01-2004 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChronoGSM
Sorry guys, i posted the poll and topic fot the filtransfer statuses, and a lot of you voted for it. (thanx for that)
But today i noticed a typing error in the poll, so i eddited it and corrected it.... BUT... by doing that, the counter was reset to 0 :S
(i didn't know)

So please, all of you, re-vote for it, so the counter reflects the true and fair voting

Thanx y'all  (Y)

I'll forgive ya (Y)

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
Well, I expect mods to be more responsible with poll editing, so they don't have to reset the votes.

Do you mean that they should take more care when they first make the poll?
RE: OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus by WDZ on 06-01-2004 at 08:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
Do you mean that they should take more care when they first make the poll?
When who first makes the poll? Anyone can make a poll, not just mods... :p

Users should be careful when making a poll, but editing it is no big deal if you notice your mistakes right after posting, because chances are that nobody voted yet.
RE: OOPS! Accidently resetted poll for filtransferstatus by MC Inferno on 06-01-2004 at 08:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

So what were you trying to say?