Shoutbox

RiverFest 2004! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: RiverFest 2004! (/showthread.php?tid=26273)

RiverFest 2004! by Pr0xY on 05-29-2004 at 05:52 AM

Hey guys  & gurls,
  Well today was the first day of The RiverFest music festival in Somerset, Wisconsin. It's a huge rock concert with a bunch of sweet bands.  Over 8,000 people.  The bands that played today (friday) were:

• L.T.D.
  • Fighting Tongs
  • Atomship
  • Apartment 26
  • Soil
  • Cold
  • Sevendust
  • and DamagePlan

Here's a poster with all the bands playing today and tomarrow.  Although the friday Concert last year was better, the one this year was still bad ass.  I'll post some more news on Sunday or Monday.  Post if you like any of these bands.  No negative posts please. 

-peace

RE: RiverFest 2004! by ayjay on 06-06-2004 at 10:38 AM

Are all those bands American or am I just being thick, I've never heard of any of them?

RE: RiverFest 2004! by CookieRevised on 06-06-2004 at 11:45 AM

Have fun dude (Y)(Y)(Y)

PS: huge rock concert? 8000 people is considered a very small concert here... heck, we (with our youthmovent) always organise each summer a big open-air party. That takes 8000 people alone :D

Ever heared of Rock Werchter, a 4-day festival held in Belgium on 1st-4th of June? The biggest international artists are always queueing up to play there. The concert is known for it's quality, fun and atmosphere all over the world :D

The current playlist:
Admiral Freebee, Air, Arsenal, Basement Jaxx, The Bees, The Black Eyed Pees, David Bowie, Black Rebel Motorcylce Club, Broken Social Scene, The Cure, Cypress Hill, Daan, Danko Jones, The Darkness, Dropkick Murphys, El Tattoo del Tigre, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Franz Ferdinand, Nelly Furtado, Girls in Hawaii, Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals, PJ Harvey, Heideroosjes, Korn, Kosheen, Flip Kowlier, Lenny Kravitz, Lamb,  Lostprophets, Magnus, Metallica,  Moloko, Monster Magnet, Muse, N*E*R*D, Novastar, Roy Paci & Arestuka, P!NK, Pixies, Placebo, The Rapture, The Rasmus, Sean Paul, Sioen, Sophia, Starsailor, Jasper Steverlinck, Joss Stone, Sugababes, Thou, Tortoise, T.Raumschmiere, Triggerfinger, The Von Bondies, Wilco, Within Temptation, Wu-Tang Clan, Youngblood Brass Band, Zero 7, Zornik, and maybe more...
(and that's without the supported bands; like Slipknot will support Mettalica)

(and then some people here even say this line-up isn't that good :D, it was better other years... go figure :D)

It is already sold out though (took only a few weeks), so that's the pitty. The 70000 people will have a great festival... (btw, the little town Werchter has normaly a small 15000 habitants, so during those days it will be a bit more :P)

During the summer-months there are always several festivals going on all over Belgium (and Netherlands also) each week. It's like a wet dream for party people :D

RE: RiverFest 2004! by Pr0xY on 06-06-2004 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deej
Are all those bands American or am I just being thick, I've never heard of any of them?
All American, I think. 

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Have fun dude (Y)(Y)(Y)
I already went, last weekend. 

quote:
PS: huge rock concert? 8000 people is considered a very small concert here... heck, we (with our youthmovent) always organise each summer a big open-air party. That takes 8000 people alone :D
yeah, no shit.... you guys know how to rock over there.  Some day I'll fly over there and go to one. 
quote:
The current playlist:
Admiral Freebee, Air, Arsenal, Basement Jaxx, The Bees, The Black Eyed Pees, David Bowie, Black Rebel Motorcylce Club, Broken Social Scene, The Cure, Cypress Hill, Daan, Danko Jones, The Darkness, Dropkick Murphys, El Tattoo del Tigre, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Franz Ferdinand, Nelly Furtado, Girls in Hawaii, Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals, PJ Harvey, Heideroosjes, Korn, Kosheen, Flip Kowlier, Lenny Kravitz, Lamb,  Lostprophets, Magnus, Metallica,  Moloko, Monster Magnet, Muse, N*E*R*D, Novastar, Roy Paci & Arestuka, P!NK, Pixies, Placebo, The Rapture, The Rasmus, Sean Paul, Sioen, Sophia, Starsailor, Jasper Steverlinck, Joss Stone, Sugababes, Thou, Tortoise, T.Raumschmiere, Triggerfinger, The Von Bondies, Wilco, Within Temptation, Wu-Tang Clan, Youngblood Brass Band, Zero 7, Zornik, and maybe more...
(and that's without the supported bands; like Slipknot will support Metalica)

(and then some people here even say this line-up isn't that good :D , it was better other years... go figure:D )

That would be the most beautiful thing I would ever see in my life.  I love rock concerts.  I'm going to one called "Project Revolution" at the end of August.  Its a 2 day music festival with Linkin Park, The Core, KoRn, and snoop dog (plus more...).  That will be awesome.  I also want to go to a Fish concert, those are kool, to say the least. 

Well I'm glad accouple people actually responded, it took a while but ohwell.   :refuck:

RE: RiverFest 2004! by saralk on 06-06-2004 at 07:01 PM

in britain the biggest rock/indie concert is probably the reading/leeds festival, that seriously rocks.

its over 3 days, and features loads of bands, this year the line up is.

[Image: Leeds-Line-Up(1).gif]

RE: RiverFest 2004! by user27089 on 06-06-2004 at 08:02 PM

dude thats a sweet line up, i've heard of half of them... twisted sister lmao, eighties style!!

reading is fucking gr8, leeds looks wicked, i may have to go, but i may go 2 the ozzfest, if not, i can save my ass up, and go 2 all three days!!! lol

RE: RiverFest 2004! by Pr0xY on 06-15-2004 at 04:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
i may go 2 the ozzfest
DO IT, DO IT.... It will be the best time of your life.  I went last year and it was so fun. 

RE: RiverFest 2004! by azn angel on 06-15-2004 at 05:18 AM

man i wish we had dis kinda shit in australia!
da closest we have to that iz rhumba an thatz kinda shit...
da Blink 182 concert iz commin up soon but i cant go :(:( ahh well, some ov those line ups loox fkn great! sooo jealous!

RE: RiverFest 2004! by Pr0xY on 06-23-2004 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
da Blink 182 concert iz commin up soon but i cant go
lol, blink-182, there a kool band, but someone I'd go see in concert EVER AGAIN.  I went with a friend and it was boring. 

yeaaa  All the...small things.... w00t...  NOT
RE: RiverFest 2004! by CookieRevised on 07-02-2004 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Ever heared of Rock Werchter, a 4-day festival held in Belgium on 1st-4th of June? The biggest international artists are always queueing up to play there. The concert is known for it's quality, fun and atmosphere all over the world

The current playlist:
Admiral Freebee, Air, Arsenal, Basement Jaxx, The Bees, The Black Eyed Pees, David Bowiedoesnt come, he's ill :/, Black Rebel Motorcylce Club, Broken Social Scene, The Cure, Cypress Hill, Daan, Danko Jones, The Darkness, Dropkick Murphys, El Tattoo del Tigre, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Franz Ferdinand, Nelly Furtado, Girls in Hawaii, Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals, PJ Harvey, Heideroosjes, Korn, Kosheen, Flip Kowlier, Lenny Kravitz, Lamb,  Lostprophets, Magnus, Metallica,  Moloko, Monster Magnet, Muse, N*E*R*D, Novastar, Roy Paci & Arestuka, P!NK, Pixies, Placebo, The Rapture, The Rasmus, Sean Paul, Sioen, Sophia, Starsailor, Jasper Steverlinck, Joss Stone, Sugababes, Thou, Tortoise, T.Raumschmiere, Triggerfinger, The Von Bondies, Wilco, Within Temptation, Wu-Tang Clan, Youngblood Brass Band, Zero 7, Zornik, and maybe more...

(and then some people here even say this line-up isn't that good , it was better other years... go figure )

It is already sold out though (took only a few weeks), so that's the pitty. The 70000 people will have a great festival... (btw, the little town Werchter has normaly a small 15000 habitants, so during those days it will be a bit more )

You can follow the 4-day festival live on:
mms://wm.streampower.be/werchter_live

the website: http://www.rockwerchter.be/

VIVA BELGIUM :p every weekend all summer, numerous festivals all over the country wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
RE: RiverFest 2004! by azn angel on 07-03-2004 at 10:19 AM

quote:
The current playlist:

that sounds more like a pop concert to me : /
RE: RiverFest 2004! by CookieRevised on 07-03-2004 at 10:22 AM

There is a huge difference between a pop-concert and a festival though....
Mostly pop-concerts only last for a few hours, not 4 days and only have 1/2 specific artists which organize the concert. And you also don't have the side-animation, drinks, bars, shops, food, camping, etc... etc... And festivals are almost always outdoors, while pop-concerts are very often indoors.

visit the website and look for the images, you'll know what I mean ;)

RE: RiverFest 2004! by user27089 on 07-03-2004 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel

that sounds more like a pop concert to me : /

not pop - Arsenal, The Bees, David Bowie, Black Rebel Motorcylce Club, Broken Social Scene, The Cure, Cypress Hill, The Darkness, Dropkick Murphys, El Tattoo del Tigre, Franz Ferdinand, Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals, Heideroosjes, Korn, Kosheen, Flip Kowlier, Lenny Kravitz, Lamb,  Lostprophets, Magnus, Metallica,  Moloko, Monster Magnet, Muse, N*E*R*D, Novastar, Roy Paci & Arestuka, Pixies, Placebo, The Rapture, The Rasmus, , Sioen, Sophia, Starsailor, Jasper Steverlinck, Joss Stone, Sugababes, Thou, Tortoise, T.Raumschmiere, Triggerfinger, The Von Bondies, Wilco, Within Temptation, Wu-Tang Clan, Youngblood Brass Band, Zero 7, Zornik, and maybe more...

RE: RiverFest 2004! by Pr0xY on 07-03-2004 at 01:02 PM

Cookie, that Music Festival looks like it would be fun.

The one festival I REALLY wanted to go to this year was Bonnaroo.  Some drummer friends of mine went to it this year (one even skipped graduation to go) and said it was so much fun.  There is six stages, over 60 bands, and it lasts four days.  I guess it was really fun from what they told me.  I think I'll go next year. 

Anyways, I'm moving back to st.paul (my home town) for a month to live with a friend of mine, so I wont be on here as much :(:(:( yeah I know, its so sad, but I hope you all can go on with out me, :D

-peace
      pr0xy

RE: RiverFest 2004! by Johnny_Mac on 07-03-2004 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
in britain the biggest rock/indie concert is probably the reading/leeds festival, that seriously rocks.
:lol:

Its the 3rd smallest after 'the nokia isle of wight' & 'download' :P

quote:
reading is fucking gr8
quote:
leeds looks wicked
They're exactly (minus 1 band) the same thing. :lol:

This year I'm going to V Festival, but I've been to pretty much all of them before. T in the Park was the best btw. :P

RE: RiverFest 2004! by CookieRevised on 08-13-2004 at 12:32 PM

Blah... after countless "little"* festivals with all kinds of music (folk fests, reggea fests, blues fests, etc..) another one of the biggest rock festivals soon...

3 days of pure rock....

again go Belgium :p

Pukkelpop... look at the line-up...

[Image: pukkelpop_T1new.gif]
[Image: pukkelpop_F2new.gif]
[Image: pukkelpop_S3new.gif]
I'm not even going to start counting all those bands :p

PS: Only the Netherlands can compete with all these festivals... So if you like music and the summer festival mood, move to this part of Europe :p Every weekend there is some big event going on (heck, even during the week there is always some big fest somewhere during the summer months)

* (well, little in Belgium festival terms = 30.000 people every day :D)

guess, where I'll be :p

RE: RiverFest 2004! by user27089 on 08-13-2004 at 12:42 PM

How come all of the other countries apart from england get all of the good rock bands, i take it back what i said about reading, its all punk and stuff, its lame, I NEED DECENT MUSIC!

RE: RiverFest 2004! by Ice Queen on 08-13-2004 at 05:41 PM

have fun

RE: RiverFest 2004! by Johnny_Mac on 08-13-2004 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the big image posted by cookie

Whatever you do, DONT go see the dandy warhols... but defo go see Scissor Sisters. :banana: