Shoutbox

Silent Install with Dutch as language - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Silent Install with Dutch as language (/showthread.php?tid=26287)

Silent Install with Dutch as language by Donut on 05-29-2004 at 09:56 AM

Hi !

As I'm creating a unattended XP SP1 (soon SP2 !! :)) installation disk, I'm wondering how to silent install Messenger+.

I know the silentinstallnosponsor parameter, and it works great. But the app is in English then. How to change that ?

Thanks in advance !

RE: Silent Install with Dutch as language by Kryptonate on 05-29-2004 at 11:03 AM

When you run the installer on your computer it automatically searches the language that's being used by your OS. So I think when you do the silent install it does the same.

RE: Silent Install with Dutch as language by Tochjo on 05-29-2004 at 11:39 AM

Sorry Kryptonate, but you're wrong there. I just tested it myself, and it is set to English, although my operating system is Dutch.

However, I agree, it would make more sense to install with the operating system language, the same way it selects the language in the installation program now :)

RE: Silent Install with Dutch as language by Choli on 05-29-2004 at 12:40 PM

If Tohjo is right, Patchou should change that. If he doesn't, Donut, the only thing you can do is: wait for Plus 3.01 (next week) and after it is installed, run a program that changes the DefLanguageFile registry setting (in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2) and sets its value to the name of the language file you want (like Lang_Deutch.ini)