Shoutbox

Parental control tips - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Parental control tips (/showthread.php?tid=26333)

Parental control tips by quep35 on 05-29-2004 at 11:57 PM

First Congratulations for the new version, I already note with the version 3 can use the password to access to the preferences menu. So with that my son has no posibility to disable that feature (especially log chat feature). But the option of Open historial still available , so I think he can delete de logs before I check them.
Can you have  a registry Key that make invisible the Plus! option menu of the messenger. (still working in background). Or any tip to implement a kind of parental control? using only Plus! by Patchou.

thanks

RE: Parental control tips by Patchou on 05-30-2004 at 12:12 AM

Hello,

I'm sorry but I really can't add any option that would remove the Plus! menu, for security reasons. I hope you'll find another way to protect the logs (someone nice here on the forum could send you a script that automatically copies logs in another location at a regular interval :)).

Patchou

RE: Parental control tips by matty on 05-30-2004 at 12:36 AM

Patchou, I think what he means is a hidden registry entry that hides or disables the view recent chat sessions.

RE: Parental control tips by quep35 on 05-30-2004 at 01:25 AM

Exactly Matty , something like this, hide the option of view recen t chat sessions.

Patchou the script seems to be good too, does anybody have it?
thanks again.