Shoutbox

Search Assistant - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Search Assistant (/showthread.php?tid=26358)

Search Assistant by Martini on 05-30-2004 at 09:23 AM

When I installed MP!3 and i'm sure i pressed the non-sponsor and besides i can't find the C2Media folder, i got this irritating Search Assistant on the bottom of my screen and it keeps coming back after every reboot.
I tried everything can someone please help me?

Greetz Martini

RE: Search Assistant by Tochjo on 05-30-2004 at 09:27 AM

Can you show us a screenshot?
When you see it, press Print Screen (next to F12), open Paint and paste the image. Save it as JPEG/JPG and attach it to your post here.

RE: RE: Search Assistant by Martini on 05-30-2004 at 09:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Tochjo
Can you show us a screenshot?
When you see it, press Print Screen (next to F12), open Paint and paste the image. Save it as JPEG/JPG and attach it to your post here.

Yeah sure see, here you go
[Image: attachment.php?pid=253647]

It is the the part where it says "Search the Web"
RE: Search Assistant by Tochjo on 05-30-2004 at 09:42 AM

That toolbar does not appear to come from the sponsor program. Especially if you're positive you did not install the sponsor, no sponsor program files could've been installed.

Could you right-click the taskbar, go to Toolbars and see what you've got there? Try to disable it from there.

RE: Search Assistant by Martini on 05-30-2004 at 09:46 AM

quote:
That toolbar does not appear to come from the sponsor program. Especially if you're positive you did not install the sponsor, no sponsor program files could've been installed.
Well that's the prob I know for sure it comes from MP!3 because when i uninstall MP!3 the toolbar also disapears, but when i install it again without sponsors it keep coming back
quote:
Could you right-click the taskbar, go to Toolbars and see what you've got there? Try to disable it from there.
That's what i keep doing, after every reboot it keeps coming back when i hidden the toolbar.

RE: Search Assistant by Tochjo on 05-30-2004 at 09:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Martini
when i uninstall MP!3 the toolbar also disapears, but when i install it again without sponsors it keep coming back
Uninstall it again. Are you sure you select refuse when you see
[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]
RE: Search Assistant by Martini on 05-30-2004 at 10:07 AM

Damn now i can't remove MP!3, they really should test there stuff before they publish it. :S:@
Anyone idea's to uninstall?

RE: Search Assistant by Tochjo on 05-30-2004 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Damn now i can't remove MP!3, they really should test there stuff before they publish it.
It's in the Add/Remove programs as "Messenger Plus! 3". And Patchou has tested his stuff...
RE: Search Assistant by Sk3tch on 05-30-2004 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Damn now i can't remove MP!3, they really should test there stuff before they publish it. :S:@
Anyone idea's to uninstall?
It is tested for months on end :)

What do you mean when you say you can't remove it?
You should be able to remove it fine
RE: Search Assistant by Martini on 05-30-2004 at 10:17 AM

I did it on 2 ways.

The first:
Start -> Run -> "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /uninstall
and after i pressed the uninstall button ther was no confirmation it was unistalled.

The second:
Add/Remove programs -> "Messenger Plus! 3"
and after that it was still standing there and none files where removed also here was no confirmation.

Note: I closed messenger and plus! before doing this

RE: Search Assistant by Martini on 05-31-2004 at 09:05 AM

YESSS!!
Finally, after 2 days i removed MP!3 and the Search Assistant and my Taskbar is working again :D
But i'm not gonna install it untill there is gonna be a GOOD version of MP!3 with:
When you install it and you choose I refuse, it don't install any crap on the pc.
If you uninstall it it should really remove all the files! (if the uninstall works)

Greetz Martini

//EDIT I just couldn't do without :P and i installed it, succesfully.
Everything works perfect now, sorry Patchou for me being pissed off :(