Shoutbox

Poll - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Poll (/showthread.php?tid=26361)

Poll by ash on 05-30-2004 at 09:50 AM

What do you think?

RE: Poll by Tochjo on 05-30-2004 at 09:55 AM

Dear ash,

The things you are talking about - and you've exaggerated a bit - are optional. During installation, you'll see
[Image: mp3_sponsoroption.png]

You can then select not to install it. There is no spyware, just some advertisements, a toolbar - well, read the agreement to find out what there is: it's nothing drastic.

It should not be removed: it provides Patchou with a source of income :)

RE: Poll by ash on 05-30-2004 at 09:58 AM

i understand that its free, and hes only doing it for a income back to pay for what hes doing but, i completly dissagree that adverts and whatever was needed. hmm, are you sure about that screen? i got it with msn plus 2 but not 3. neither has my friend alex.

RE: Poll by Tochjo on 05-30-2004 at 10:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ash
i completly dissagree that adverts and whatever was needed
Well, what would you suggest?

quote:
Originally posted by ash
are you sure about that screen?
Positive. Reinstall again, you'll notice it (right after selecting the folder) :)
RE: Poll by ash on 05-30-2004 at 10:07 AM

i would suggest something like a donations thing, or maybe get more people developing and spread the cost out. Obviously its entirely up to you guys what you do. Ok i will install now

RE: Poll by Tochjo on 05-30-2004 at 10:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ash
i would suggest something like a donations thing
There was, a year ago, a PayPal button, but as Patchou himself said, donations were very little made.
RE: Poll by ash on 05-30-2004 at 10:14 AM

Hmm i just installed and.....igot the option weather or not to install sponser 8-). lol im sorry for any inconvieniance this topic and pollmay have caused, and thanks for the help.

RE: Poll by Tochjo on 05-30-2004 at 10:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ash
im sorry for any inconvieniance this topic and pollmay have caused, and thanks for the help.
You're welcome, we're here to help :)
RE: Poll by Smithers-Jones on 05-30-2004 at 11:16 AM

they really annoy me so its a well good idea

RE: Poll by Anubis on 05-30-2004 at 11:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Smithers-Jones
they really annoy me so its a well good idea
What's annoying about a question that you either click Yes or No...? Click Yes and you get a search bar for IE that isn't spyware and Plus! click No and you get just Plus!
RE: Poll by Kryptonate on 05-30-2004 at 11:41 AM

be glad you get the choice, there are thousands of programs that install ad-aware too without asking you if you want to install it.

Now people get the choice if they want to install it or not and still they are complaining :rolleyes:. Learn to live with the fact that not everything goes the way you want it to go and that you don't always get what you want.

RE: Poll by Anubis on 05-30-2004 at 11:51 AM

You've got to realise that Patchou has to make an income...since Plus! is all he does it would be illogical to make on profit on it. Patchou is an honourable person so when he got the sponsor deal he made sure that it wasn't intrusive and a lot cut down and made it optional...
As long as the optional = sponsor program exists Plus!'s future is more stable as its owner can afford to make it...

RE: Poll by saralk on 05-30-2004 at 01:08 PM

wot bots are installed?