Shoutbox

The Best Web Browers? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: The Best Web Browers? (/showthread.php?tid=26393)

The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 05-30-2004 at 04:37 PM

What is yalls most favorite web brower??

RE: The Best Web Browers? by Tochjo on 05-30-2004 at 04:40 PM

* Tochjo feels a browser war coming soon...

RE: The Best Web Browers? by Kryptonate on 05-30-2004 at 04:40 PM

here we go again :rolleyes:

The war of the browsers :p

xXxRebelSeanxXx, if I were you, I would add "Avant Browser" to it too as a lot of users use that one :).

RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 05-30-2004 at 04:44 PM

* lhunath whistles in your general direction.

* lhunath wonders why it says Internet Explorer and MSIE.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 05-30-2004 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
here we go again :rolleyes:

The war of the browsers :p

xXxRebelSeanxXx, if I were you, I would add "Avant Browser" to it too as a lot of users use that one :).

Done

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 05-30-2004 at 04:49 PM

Wth....Why does it re-set the  votes wene I edit!!!!:@

RE: The Best Web Browers? by JaymachRalTir on 05-30-2004 at 04:53 PM

I generally use MyIE2....though I've been known to use Avant Browser and Opera as well....I have Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Crazy Browser, Amaya, Internet Explorer, and MSN Explorer all installed as well though...

RE: The Best Web Browers? by kao on 05-30-2004 at 05:45 PM

Firefox. unbeatable in my opinion :)

I used to like Opera, but when i started using Firefox (then called Firebird) i started to find opera sort of, too much, it was too big, had too many toolbars by defualt, and it wasnt as customizable as Firefox, and firefox is faster :p

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 05-30-2004 at 06:08 PM

For 1 I need to try that firefox couse all yall make it seem that it is da best...I can try it to night....
*The battle of the browsers has officaly begun*

RE: RE: The Best Web Browers? by EGIS on 05-30-2004 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
I used to like Opera, but when i started using Firefox (then called Firebird) i started to find opera sort of, too much, it was too big, had too many toolbars by defualt, and it wasnt as customizable as Firefox,
Have you tried Opera 7.50? It has a much better design and more space for the webpage.
quote:
Originally posted by Kao
and firefox is faster :p

Opera is the fastest one from cache.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by kao on 05-30-2004 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EGIS
Have you tried Opera 7.50
Yes.
quote:
Opera is the fastest one from cache.
Firefox seems faster for me
RE: The Best Web Browers? by KeyStorm on 05-30-2004 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Have you tried Opera 7.50? It has a much better design and more space for the webpage.
More space?? Where you got the banner? :refuck:
Firefox is much tinier, well I have navigation bar and menubar in one bar, coz I like it, but Opera is still bigger :P

And oh, sorry, I won't pay for a browser, Internet connection is expensive enough. :P
RE: The Best Web Browers? by saralk on 05-30-2004 at 07:13 PM

yeah, cos its really hard to get rid of the banner without paying

* saralk whistles

anyway, i have tried ie, firefox, opera, mozilla and avant

I have to say that i find opera is the best, simply because im the kind of guy that likes having everything intergrated into one thing, and with opera i get my web browsing, e-mail, irc and rss feeds. Also there are loads of extra features that come with it, for example the fast forward button, which can be useful, and i know that firefox can have mouse guestures, with a plugin - but thats my problem with firefox, to get it up to opera's standards needs a plugin, and even though opera has more features, its still a smaller file size.

Also i find opera faster to browse the internet in general.

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
Firefox seems faster for me

probably cos u had been using firefox for longer, so there was more stuff in the cache.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by KeyStorm on 05-30-2004 at 07:27 PM

Well you can build up your own Firefox with http://extensionroom.mozdev.org.

And you should have in mind that Firefox is still BETA (btw, expect 0.9 release really soon ;))

Firefox being open source is also an advantage for the future, since there will be always somebody working on it or on extensions for it. So it's basically unlimited in features.
I have a plugin for my RSS feeds, a plugin for IRC, a plugin for gestures and the googlebar (the big one, not the standard searchfield).

If there's anything I want firefox to do I can code it (if I knew XUL :grin:) or look for a plugin.

I have tested Opera on my linux. It's very good, I must reckon, but that banner... :@

Btw, is the old good BrowSeSiDe (Browser Server-Side Detection) still working??

[Image: index.php]

Edit: :cry: it doesn't :(

RE: The Best Web Browers? by .blade// on 05-30-2004 at 07:36 PM

Firefox is the best, and you need to use IE bcz lots of sites still need it for the site to work correctly.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by KeyStorm on 05-30-2004 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
Firefox is the best, and you need to use IE bcz lots of sites still need it for the site to work correctly.

That's just because lots of sites do not follow the w3 standard...

Btw, Internet Explorer does neither follow HTML nor Javascript standards. ;)
But it accepts activeX :s
RE: The Best Web Browers? by Maniac on 05-30-2004 at 07:42 PM

Firefox all the way.... i love it!

RE: The Best Web Browers? by Kafman on 05-30-2004 at 08:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gigablade77
you need to use IE bcz lots of sites still need it for the site to work correctly.

That's why I use IE ,the best of all!! :refuck:
**Kafman thinks that everyone who read this post would think: What a stupid excuse:dodgy:**

RE: RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 05-30-2004 at 09:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
That's why I use IE ,the best of all!! :refuck:
* lhunath farts in your general direction.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by bach_m on 05-30-2004 at 10:06 PM

* bach_m wonders why there is a new one of these every day

RE: The Best Web Browers? by Concord Dawn on 05-31-2004 at 01:20 AM

Mozilla....

1. Plugins. I don't know how many plugins I have but it's definately a large number.

2. Tabbed Browsing. I know that a lot of other programs do this but Mozilla does it best with Tab Groups and bookmarking groups of tabs.

3. Sidebar. Customizable sidebar with Bookmarks, Search, What is Related, History, RSS Feeds, and more.

4. Plugin finder. One of the most over looked features. Mozilla features a plugin finder, giving you the exact location of a plugin needed to view certain components of a website.

5. E-mail program integration. Mozilla features its own POP3 client with integration into Mozilla. If you like a different client or one that uses a different format, you can get a plugin to intercept clicks and use an associated program to open them.

6. HTML editor. You like the layout of a website? Stealing just got easier with the Composer in Mozilla. I stole the layout of Microsoft's webpage and am currently redoing it for my own personal gains. Muhahahahahaha!

7. Address Book. Found something you want to share with your friend? Look up his number and e-mail address with Mozilla's Address Book.

8. Chatzilla :drool: By far one of the best features of Mozilla. I use it to get all of my Messenger Plus! news and support. Not to mention to get my :spam: addiction.

9. Download manager. While IE only lets you have 4 or 5 downloads at once. Mozilla lets you use all of your bandwidth to download files.

10. Password manager. Mozilla will remeber and autofill your passwords according to website. If you have more than one password, it will ask you. And don't worry about privacy, it's encrypted by a 128 bit AES encryption system.

By far Mozilla is the best browser. I tried Firefox, but it didn't have the support for Mozilla plugins that I liked. I absolutely DISPISE IE for its security holes.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 01:44 AM

Just a thought,Firefox has tabbed  browsing ;-)

RE: The Best Web Browers? by Concord Dawn on 05-31-2004 at 01:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
2. Tabbed Browsing. I know that a lot of other programs do this but Mozilla does it best with Tab Groups and bookmarking groups of tabs.

Yes. I mentioned that.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by CookieRevised on 05-31-2004 at 02:34 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

point 2, 4, 9, 10: there are also other browsers that have that. (and you can set the amount of downloads in MSIE)
point 3: every browser has something like that
point 5, 6, 7: other browsers suits have that also.

If you wanna know details then search the forums for all the other threads about those "features" (or the net for that matter) ....

----slithly offtopic----
So you see, saying why you use a browser by listing features of it is useless and says nothing these days. All browsers have in general the same functionalities and features. If you wanna say why you like a browser, then simply say that.

Saying that you like the way that browser X integrates a certain feature more then another browser is understandable. But don't simple say "because it has this or that feature" because almost all other brosers will have that same feature....

It simply goes down to what user interface you like the most and you're the most comfortable with, nothing more...

So stop these REALY STUPID browser-wars and posting with lists of features and discussions about my browser has this and that and your browser doesn't....

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 02:39 AM

What a party blower...We don't want a war..We are discussing what we like and thats what we do in this thread....So, not tryin to be rude in anyway shape or form, honestly if you don't like the thread then please don't post that you dont like it..

RE: The Best Web Browers? by CookieRevised on 05-31-2004 at 02:58 AM

----slithly offtopic----
Reread the thread... it isn't simply "I like browser X". If it was just that, then this thread would be very short and without all the "browser X sucks", "browser X has this and that", etc...

I'm pointing out that everybody likes the browser he's using, otherwise he isn't using it. And the reason why someone likes it is because they like how it looks and feels. If you like a browser just because it has some "feature", then the chances are the all other brosers have the same feature. So instead maybe then you should say "I like browser X, but I don't know a thing about other browsers".

I don't have anything against such polls, but as some already pointed out, these things ALWAYS turn into browser-wars.

And quite frankly, I think that there are not so many people who can give a TRUE objective view of what the "best" browser is. Neither can I because I never used Opera for example (although I know most of the features that Opera has). And that's why you will NEVER see me giving a list with "I like my browser because it has this or that feature". Because I simply don't know what ALL the other browsers have as features or more importantly how they are implemented...

The only thing I can do is tell other people that there are other browsers which have just the same functions...

If this thread was about "list all the features that your browser has" then I would've reacted in a whole different way.

So yes, I'm getting tired of these browser-war threads (and this is one).

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 03:04 AM

1. this isn't going to become a brower war just couse you think it will
2. How you know it will become a browser war
And 3. Your just trying to get this thread closed aintcha?

RE: The Best Web Browers? by CookieRevised on 05-31-2004 at 03:16 AM

----offtopic----
1. It already started from the 10th post or so (and no, not just because you said "the war has begun" to make a joke, but because of the posts that followed)
2. experience... every single other thread about such a thing has turned into one... (although some more then the other)
3. I would lie if I said "no"...

but if nobody would have replied to my first post in this thread I wouldn't had replied with offtopic posts like this again. Although I still would've read the thread and when it realy got out of hand I would've reported it. My first post was more to prevent futur posts like "my browsers has this", "my browsers has it also", "didn't you know that browser x has it also", "browser y sux", "you should use browser y", etc... etc...

IMHO (and speaking in general): discuss all you want about browsers in TechTalk, but only if you can give facts, or if you have questions about a browser or something. All other talk about what do you like etc.. is chitchat...
IMHO: the poll should be at the most in "General ChitChat" and the discussion in "T&T"....

Well, I know I'm very negative in this, but that's just me in this case.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by kao on 05-31-2004 at 03:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
probably cos u had been using firefox for longer, so there was more stuff in the cache.
i test browsers fairly, removing cache completely before hand.
quote:
I have to say that i find opera is the best, simply because im the kind of guy that likes having everything intergrated into one thing
thats what i hate, having loads of things i dont use.

Firefox uses plugins so if u dont want a feature, u dont need to install it and potentially increase loading time.
quote:
its still a smaller file size.
lol? to download Opera with Java its 15mb or so. Yes without java its about 4mb, but who can live without Java nowadays? :p
RE: The Best Web Browers? by WDZ on 05-31-2004 at 05:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
Yes without java its about 4mb, but who can live without Java nowadays? :p
If you install it with java once, you don't have to download java again.

BTW, I can live without java. :s I can't think of the last time I needed it... :p

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
thats what i hate, having loads of things i dont use.
IMO, Opera doesn't have many useless features... it's no more bloated than other average programs. You can disable things you don't use, and hide the toolbar buttons for them. It takes like 3 seconds to start up here, and that's with lots of cookies/cache/history, and other programs running. Using it is fast as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
Firefox uses plugins so if u dont want a feature, u dont need to install it and potentially increase loading time.
Hmm... are they official plug-ins, supported by the Mozilla developers? If they're 3rd-party, that could be quite dodgy... in some cases they would be buggy or wouldn't integrate properly. I imagine you have to keep track of the versions of all your plug-ins too, and update them manually? :dodgy:

Note: I have never tried Mozilla, so I cannot say that Opera is better than it. I am simply defending the browser that I have used for several years with great satisfaction. :banana:
RE: The Best Web Browers? by Weyzza on 05-31-2004 at 06:20 AM

* Weyzza is bored with this kind of thread.
* Weyzza thinks that admins should delete any new "The Best Browser" thread in the future.
* Weyzza thinks that threads like this are pointless.

* Weyzza will try Firefox 1.0 when it is released.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by Eljay on 05-31-2004 at 07:44 AM

:0  i am shocked at how many people have voted for IE.
It is the worst browser going and is full of security holes.
I voted for Avant Browser but another good browser is Opera except it has ads:(

RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 05-31-2004 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
* thekid thinks that threads like this are pointless.

* thekid will try Firefox 1.0 when it is released.
* lhunath thinks thekid contradicts himself.
quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
:0  i am shocked at how many people have voted for IE.
It is the worst browser going and is full of security holes.
Ignorance.

Btw, CookieRevised, you rock. =P
RE: The Best Web Browers? by KeyStorm on 05-31-2004 at 10:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
I imagine you have to keep track of the versions of all your plug-ins too, and update them manually?
Forget it in Firefox 0.9. Remember it's still a beta and even being a beta there are people considering iot better than the old and experienced Opera.
Btw, any bad plugin can be detected since they are open source. If one is detected it's fired from the developement community, at least, the official one.

To Cookie:
You don't need to overreact about this. This kind of threads have always existed. If you feel moody for participating, you do, otherway you just don't open the thread and read. You should also think that there are people who have tested many browsers and can give a valuable opinion about this. Others did decide which was the best by the features. There ARE differences, or are you comparing MSIE with Opera or Firefox?
Appearence: there are differences.
Integration: There are differences.
Customization: There are differences.

If there weren't we wouldn't need to have different browsers.

Saying "I like browser X" or "Browser Y sucks" is not the point of this threads. The point is to show off what you like of your browser and compare it with others. If it turns into a war... well, more information...

An btw,
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
For 1 I need to try that firefox couse all yall make it seem that it is da best...
He uses IE, and look, he will give Firefox a try. That means that he's not closed to suggestions about browsers, ie he doesn't love the browser he's using above any other.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by CookieRevised on 05-31-2004 at 12:21 PM

----offtopic----
I know there are people who tried a lot of browsers and all, and they are indeed the ones that can compare them in a objective manner. I wasn't ranting against those people; my rant was against the people who don't know better and simple say "my browser is best because it has feature x, y and z and that's why I use it. Oh and btw, I never tried another browser"... And tbh, most people belong to this categorie...

If people would post objective posts instead, then there is no need to defend your own browser because someone is saying something about it. (refering to WDZ's last post)

RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 05-31-2004 at 12:47 PM

It's rather simple.
These kinds of topics are interresting because they reveal alot of information about browsers to those who know little about them. Which is exactly the reason why you should talk objectively about a feature. Stating a browser has a feature is interresting but stating it has that feature and because of that, claiming it is the best, is completely and utterly pointless. Because features are subjective, since everybody likes them in a diffrent way, and they are even not comparable. (For example popup killing..) With other words, interresting for those who know how to filter out decent information, but only as a guidance to what they are to expect should they test the browser. A maze to get lost in and be deceived for those who cannot and don't bother to, or aren't as openminded / bright to.
Nobody can say which browser is the best for them after having read the information about it, you need to test them and look at them with openmindedness, use them for a long period and then you can yourself compare them. Any other way leads simply to pointless discussions.

Des goûts et des couleurs on ne discute pas.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by KeyStorm on 05-31-2004 at 12:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
Des goûts et des couleurs on ne discute pas.
The best example is tabbed browing...

For those people who want to post "Brower x is the best/sucks" they should add "IMO" or "IMPOV". Because it's an opinion. Doing so will avoid people having different opinions to feel annoyed by these comments.

The best comment is:
I like X because of:
A (It's very useful for me, since I am... coder)
B (Y also has it, but I don't like the way it does the same thing)
C (Other browsers don't have this)
D (much requested feature whatsoever)

Even if you haven't used many browsers, you know what you like and what you don't like of those you know. You have the right to express your opinion.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by CookieRevised on 05-31-2004 at 01:25 PM

(y) @ two posts above.... exactly what I mean...    blah... Why can't I just post something like that instead of ranting and going around in circles :D

RE: The Best Web Browers? by KeyStorm on 05-31-2004 at 02:03 PM

WTF?
This was getting interesting at least :P :notfunny:

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 02:09 PM

Well there is like 2 pages of a certain person just throwing a tantrum like a freakin 2 year old would do.....So whats the point of having it opened?

RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 05-31-2004 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Well there is like 2 pages of a certain person just throwing a tantrum like a freakin 2 year old would do.....So whats the point of having it opened?
I think you're not understanding what is being said if you think that, though. =/ It's a normal discussion where people give their opinions, which is nothing to avoid..... Shouldn't take everything in such an offensive way always.. =O
RE: The Best Web Browers? by saralk on 05-31-2004 at 02:40 PM

can i just say, we will never reach an agreement on this, some people prefer having compatibility even it costs them security (MSIE) some people like having everything ready for them from when they start, with little customisation required (Opera) and some people like chopping and changing things to suit their needs (Firefox).

So there is know point of having this topic

RE: RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 05-31-2004 at 02:54 PM

quote:
So there is know point of having this topic
Hmm.. did you read my post? =)
quote:
With other words, interresting for those who know how to filter out decent information, but only as a guidance to what they are to expect should they test the browser. A maze to get lost in and be deceived for those who cannot and don't bother to, or aren't as openminded / bright to.
Or am I wrong ? Do enlighten me :)

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
An btw,
quote:
For 1 I need to try that firefox couse all yall make it seem that it is da best...
He uses IE, and look, he will give Firefox a try. That means that he's not closed to suggestions about browsers, ie he doesn't love the browser he's using above any other.

I think we just found a purpose to the topic; at least now he'll broaden his mind and try other things, I'm not saying he'll see he's wrong or anything, but he just might decide that Firefox is better. For him.

* lhunath loves discussions.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by Concord Dawn on 05-31-2004 at 03:00 PM

There is a very big point that everyone is missing. These types of threads are usually where people say what features they like. Let's say you use Browser X, and it has tabbed browsing and a pop-up stopper, but you want more features. Let's say browser Y has tabbed browsing and a pop-up stopper, but let's you install plugins. You would probably switch from Browser X to Browser Y. The point is to make everyone happy.

And yes this makes snese, in a profound sort of way.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 03:02 PM

Your right Joe, That was the purpose ;-)
-----OFFTOPIC-----
Joe, get on msn dude!!

RE: The Best Web Browers? by Millenium_edition on 05-31-2004 at 03:05 PM

* Millenium_edition goes for firefox

it has extensions and everything etc etc
opera is too heavy i think, but the popup blocker is the best

RE: The Best Web Browers? by paperless on 06-01-2004 at 11:31 AM

Mozilla firefox is the best

RE: The Best Web Browers? by M-Head on 06-01-2004 at 03:02 PM

About the Opera vs Mozilla battle, go here: http://tntluoma.com/beyond30/2003/08/opera_vs_mozilla

I vote for Opera. I absolutely hate Firefox. The linked page says it all. :p

Also, if you are an Opera user, or just interested in it maybe, check this out: http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/7/

RE: The Best Web Browers? by CookieRevised on 06-01-2004 at 03:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M-Head
About the Opera vs Mozilla battle, go here: http://tntluoma.com/beyond30/2003/08/opera_vs_mozilla

I vote for Opera. I absolutely hate Firefox. The linked page says it all. :p

Also, if you are an Opera user, or just interested in it maybe, check this out: http://tntluoma.com/opera/lover/7/
I've read the page... The guy who did the comparison isn't objective. It's a typical defend for Opera , telling the advantages over another browser as vague as possible to make it sound better (just like you find many pages for other browsers)... Read the comments, they say enough.... :refuck:

RE: The Best Web Browers? by Jeronimo on 06-01-2004 at 03:51 PM

I voted for Firefox. And I shall tell you exactly why, and how I came to this decision. I take a slightly different approach in that I do not think spouting a list of features is a great way to explain why one is preferable to another.

I was a happy IE user for many years, when my brother recommended Mozilla Firebird (as it was then known). I gave it a try for about 30 minutes. I didn't like it. I removed it from my computer, and went back to IE.

I later read a column in a computer magazine, whereby the reporter mentioned he was using a new browser called Firebird. Having seen two recommendations for it, I decided to give it another go :P

Its been on my system ever since. What I had failed to do the first time, was use it for a long enough period of time. The first time I tried it, all 30 minutes told me, was that it was different to IE in many ways. I didn't like change, so I didn't give it a fair chance.

I also tried out Opera and Avant. I gave both of these a chance to impress me. Both of them are excellent browsers, and I understand why they both have a loyal following. :)

But they were not for me. Why I prefer Firefox isn't important. The fact is, I gave each of them a fair chance to impress. And I made my choice.

I did the same thing when I grew tired of WS_FTP. I tried out several programs, and settled upon FlashFXP which I then bought.

I think a much more productive thread would be, what browser alternatives are there? You should all then be able to try them out, and decide for yourselves which is better for you. Whether it be Opera, Avant, Firefox, or even IE, at least then you will be well informed! :gfdrin:

Rant over :refuck:

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 06-01-2004 at 04:00 PM

Well, I finaly got around to downloading that Firefox...Tis a nice program, and I think that everyone is right...Tis is the best, but I have to say that I will use both couse I just tried playin on pogo.com with the firefox browser, and it don't load fast...It loads it in about 3 min wereas my Internet Explorer loads it in about 45 sec ;-)

RE: The Best Web Browers? by CookieRevised on 06-01-2004 at 04:26 PM

I tried the site also (first time ever, so no cache has been saved before). The loadspeed was the same for both FireFox, Netscape and MSIE... (approx. 8secs in all browsers)

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 06-01-2004 at 04:30 PM

Well, that is on yours, but on mine it takes now about  a min or so to load it with firefox..And besides im on DialUp you prolly on DSL,ADSL,Cable...ECT...;-)

RE: The Best Web Browers? by CookieRevised on 06-01-2004 at 04:45 PM

quote:
And besides im on DialUp you prolly on DSL,ADSL,Cable...ECT...;-)
That's why I said it is "(approx.) the same for all browsers here" and not "it loads in X seconds" ;)

The reason why it loads now around the same time for you in FireFox as in MSIE, is because in MSIE you had already a cache of the page and firefox didn't (but now it does)... (that's what I mean with comparing in an objective way ;))
RE: The Best Web Browers? by Phantom_Dream on 06-01-2004 at 06:25 PM

Well...

I used Ie until I found crazy browser, a great browser that had little error.

But, lately, I found avant browser, and, although I dont like it, I use it as my standard browser. Why? Word to URL, if I type in uto it'll transfer me to the utopia login page (A game) and if I type alt Books it'll look on altavista for books. I dont even like it and I use it :P Its got tabbed browsing (like duh? :P), popup block (See before <--), and adfilters, which are quite useful too. It claims to be the fastest, but I think crazy browser is about, lets say, twice as fast. And lighter on the system, but still im using avant. I tried opera, and honestly despise it. Its way too large for me, not simple, chock-full and I dont like that. I like the tiny menu's and the screen used for what I want. Plus, its not free, so byebye opera. Firefox will be dled when its free (In one way or another). ah well, so was my rambling. Ill vote avant, it's the best ive seen, but probaly not THE best.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 06-01-2004 at 06:29 PM

quote:
And besides im on DialUp you prolly on DSL,ADSL,Cable...ECT...;-)
That isn't going to make a second diffrence relatively compared....
RE: The Best Web Browers? by saralk on 06-01-2004 at 08:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_Dream
Firefox will be dled when its free (In one way or another)

firefox is free :/
RE: The Best Web Browers? by bach_m on 06-01-2004 at 08:13 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_Dream
Firefox will be dled when its free (In one way or another)

firefox is free :/

as in beer, AND as in speech
RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 06-02-2004 at 01:48 PM

Okay that firefox is great!! ;-) Thanks yall fo your advice...Case closed.. :D

RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 06-02-2004 at 02:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jeronimo
The fact is, I gave each of them a fair chance to impress. And I made my choice.
quote:
Well, I finaly got around to downloading that Firefox...Tis a nice program, and I think that everyone is right...Tis is the best
Aham.. well..
at least I'm glad you tried out FireFox..
( hope you understand what I mean :p, if not I don't want to explain any more than these thousand times =) )
RE: The Best Web Browers? by MC Inferno on 06-02-2004 at 03:34 PM

I dont care. I Love my IE. :)

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 06-02-2004 at 09:34 PM

I still love ma IE too....But Firefox I think is a tad bit  betta than Firefox ;-)

RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 06-02-2004 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
As did I :)
Until I learned about what webdesign really is :@
Blast you, IE :)
RE: The Best Web Browers? by Guido on 06-02-2004 at 10:41 PM

quote:
quote:
Lol, exactly the same that happened to me :lol:
RE: The Best Web Browers? by Garndell on 06-02-2004 at 11:13 PM

Avant here, aslong as it is the best i'll use it.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 06-03-2004 at 12:44 AM

Have ya tried Firefox?? It's nice!!

RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 06-03-2004 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guido
quote:
quote:
Lol, exactly the same that happened to me :lol:
And many of the ppl I know =|
Nobody knows how bad IE is until they see how much it fawks everything up.. =/
RE: The Best Web Browers? by Zink on 06-03-2004 at 09:12 AM

uouh I think i gotta install firefox.. I (l) customizing

btw I don't see myIE in the list.. it's my current browser.. it's not really a browser itself, just a add-on thingy for IE, or maybe a browser that uses IE architecture to work, if you prefer
I think this is an good argument  cos it makes it just around a 400 Kb download, and it don't need to install .dll stuff in system32 or anything like that.. I'd like to know if there are anybody that had tried both firefox and myIE

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ (I think)
myIE: http://www.myie2.com/

and that want to post a brief comparation between them
if not, I'll try when I download firefox and have the time (now I gotta study like a fool >_<)

RE: The Best Web Browers? by Garndell on 06-04-2004 at 01:33 AM

quote:
Have ya tried Firefox?? It's nice!!

I had Firefox for all of 2 seconds, didn't like it.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by RebelSean on 06-04-2004 at 03:55 AM

OoO....I like it alot...Tis a nice browser ;-)

RE: The Best Web Browers? by BooGhost on 06-04-2004 at 04:03 AM

Avant Browser... period

RE: The Best Web Browers? by illuzn on 06-04-2004 at 04:28 AM

MSIE 6.0 to download Firefox and Opera
then Firefox cause it loads nice and quick and has a small memory footprint
but Opera to browse multiple pages at once simply because of its mouse gesture ability which allows me to close tabs with a flick of the wrist and open links in new windows similarly as well as browsing forwards and backwards

RE: The Best Web Browers? by lhunath on 06-04-2004 at 06:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by illuzn
but Opera to browse multiple pages at once simply because of its mouse gesture ability which allows me to close tabs with a flick of the wrist and open links in new windows similarly as well as browsing forwards and backwards
Need that all the time, so I use Opera all the time ;)
RE: The Best Web Browers? by Eljay on 06-04-2004 at 07:22 AM

quote:
quote:
Need that all the time, so I use Opera all the time ;)

But Avant Browser does that as well
It has tabs and uses these mouse gestures
You hold down right mouse button and click left button to go back
You do the reverse to go forward
You middle click on a link to open it in a new window
RE: The Best Web Browers? by ddunk on 06-04-2004 at 07:47 AM

quote:

quote:Originally posted by illuzn

Need that all the time, so I use Opera all the time

I've got a plugin for firefox that does the exact same thing.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by aNILEator on 06-04-2004 at 07:58 AM

i use MYIE2 and firefox i loved firefox when it came out but now MYIE2 has slipped its way into my default browser (not that it will accept me setting it as default browser :@) I love the toolbar can anyone implement the toolbar's WMP and Weather report into msn messenger as tabs?

RE: The Best Web Browers? by bach_m on 06-04-2004 at 10:50 AM

quote:

u can get a mouse gesture plugin, or essentially any sort of plugin, for firefox.
RE: The Best Web Browers? by stuartbennett on 11-10-2004 at 07:31 PM

i prefer msn explorer so much so i purchased a msn premium subscription.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by user27089 on 11-10-2004 at 07:33 PM

Mozilla Firefox 1.0 No Arguement at all.

RE: The Best Web Browers? by mad_onion on 11-10-2004 at 08:00 PM

You know what im going to say :)