Shoutbox

Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! (/showthread.php?tid=26411)

Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by Midiansgateswide on 05-30-2004 at 09:52 PM

Hello,
Im haveing trouble  with the emotion sounds  as  well as the  soundpacks  i installed. My speakers are definately on and  ive tried  both default  codecs and  nothings is working. No matter  what i do Only the emotions  pictures and  text from the commands show  up, no sound  at all. Please help! :)

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by Maniac on 05-30-2004 at 09:54 PM

Check your preferences, they might be turned off:

plus!>>preferences>>instant messages>>commands and tags

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by lianneman on 05-30-2004 at 10:07 PM

I've got exactly the same problem. I have windows 98 and have tried installing all kinds of msn even old ones, but none of them gave any sound when a contact-person came online. I searched in 'options'  and I found out, that there was no msn-sound. in my hole computer, no msn-sound. i think it has to do anything with windows98 but i don't know it for sure. does anyone know what to do with this?? I really don't like this!!:(

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by Midiansgateswide on 05-30-2004 at 10:12 PM

I have  Win XP, and  a  big thanks to Gpromaniac  my emotions  sounds  now  work, But unfortunately  the   sound  commandes  still dont. Anyone  know  how to fix this  problem? It would  sure  be  a  big  favor to lianneman. Oh and Gpromaniac if you get this i would like Info on DarkBattle.(6)(6)(6)

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by Maniac on 05-30-2004 at 10:13 PM

the second person who posted:

uhhhh ur problem is different, those sounds are not the same as what Midiansgateswide was talking about

Go to your options and then general and check under "alerts"

Midian:

My name is VGProManiac btw :p

To use tags go to the same place as i told u and make sure the first box is checked

And for DB go to the site and read the manual it has a small intro about it, its similar to Planetarion or whatever it is called if u know that, if after reading the description u still need info PM me

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by lianneman on 05-30-2004 at 10:19 PM

well, i don't know why.. but I can't find any sound on the whole computer... so.. go to general and then alerts will not work.. :(

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by lianneman on 05-30-2004 at 10:21 PM

and yes, the first box IS checked

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by Maniac on 05-30-2004 at 10:24 PM

the last option under alerts is checked and still doesnt work? hmmmmm

i know mess.be has it so u can download the sounds but im not sure where u should put them

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by lianneman on 05-30-2004 at 10:26 PM

oh..:S www.mess.be? i'll try.. we'll see if it works.. I hope so.. does anyone speak dutch here? it would make it a lot easier:$

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by Maniac on 05-30-2004 at 10:31 PM

wait, u said the first option is checked, that DISPLAYS alerts the LAST option has to be check for sounds...

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by lianneman on 05-30-2004 at 10:34 PM

well, they are all checked, when I go to options, then general, then alerts (meldingen--> i guess it is what you call alerts) and there are 4 boxes, they are all checked....

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by Maniac on 05-30-2004 at 10:39 PM

then i really have no idea what is wrong with your msn.... does ur sound work on other programs? (i know it might sound stupid but the only other problem i see is maybe ur sound as a whole doesnt work...)

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by lianneman on 05-30-2004 at 10:42 PM

yes I can listen all the music I want, so that won't be the problem. I've downloaded the sounds, I've finally found them at mess.be but I don't know yet how I can use them, but i'll find out.. thanx!

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by jmccarroll on 05-30-2004 at 11:50 PM

Do you happen to have your status on MSN set to 'busy'?

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by Maniac on 05-31-2004 at 12:18 AM

Hmmm true that it turns sounds off but i doubt he would always be busy... seems like he never gets sounds

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by matty on 05-31-2004 at 12:57 AM

To hear sounds your status needs to be set to Online, unless you specify Plus! to play sounds when your status is busy. But that will pnly play the Plus! notification sound when your status is busy not the MSN Messenger Ones.
Secondly in a chat conversation type in /sconfig
Try changing the MPEG Codec used to play the sounds.
I have mine using MPEG1 and it works fine.

RE: Help Admins! I cant make the sound work! by Concord Dawn on 05-31-2004 at 12:59 AM

I'm thinking that MSN and Plus! might be set to the wrong sound output device.