Shoutbox

Greek Translation Finished - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Greek Translation Finished (/showthread.php?tid=26419)

Greek Translation Finished by panos78 on 05-30-2004 at 11:40 PM

I have finished the greek translation.
I attach the file so it can be checked from greek speakers.
Any suggested corrections accepted.
:)

RE: Greek Translation Finished by Mike on 05-31-2004 at 10:24 AM

Its not bad...

Na se parei...
Eixa arxisei kai 'go paraproxthes alla me prolaves giati den ekana douleia...Ara me prolaves :blah: :P
Den peirazei...
Ante tixerouli...

* Mike waits to see Cookie's report...

RE: Greek Translation Finished by Choli on 05-31-2004 at 11:36 AM

Read this:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou's mail
Version 3.01 doesn't bring new features except for one very simple addition that needs to be translated. Please install the beta, translate the following two keys and send me back your file before wednesday.

New keys to translate:
[PrefDlg.BossProtection]\NoChangeStatus
[PrefDlg.MessengerLock]\NoChangeStatus

both keys have the following text: Don't change
they make reference to the ability of enter in boss protection mode or lock messenger, without changing the status, and are displayed in the drop down lists where you can select that status in the preferences panel.

Please, include them in your translation ;)
RE: Greek Translation Finished by panos78 on 05-31-2004 at 11:37 AM

Se euxaristo gia ta kala sou logia.
Elpizo mono na min exei orthografika lathi, an kai ekana ton elegxo me to word.
To problima einai me ta parathira pou den mporo na anoikxo gia na do an ontos xoraei h elliniki metafrasi opos oi kartes kata tin egkatastasi.
Anamenontiai kai ta ipoloipa sxolia.
Filika.
For Choli:
I added the 2 new strings you said and I attach the new file!
Cheers.

P.S.: The file on the first post includes the changes

RE: Greek Translation Finished by SoUL2kEEp on 06-03-2004 at 12:47 PM

apsoga guys..
den nomizete einai ligo simptwsi na aferethei i Elliniki metafrasi kai na prostethei i tourkiki?

Engl: (so that everyone understands what i'm saying) don't you think is a bit of a coincidence that the Greek is removed while turkish is being added?

RE: Greek Translation Finished by panos78 on 06-03-2004 at 01:10 PM

Den exo kamia apolitos sxesi me tin eisagogi tis tourkikis.
Apla i elliniki ithele akoma arketi douleia kai den imoun ego autos pou apofasisa na tin bgalo mexri na olokrirothei sto 100% alla o Patchou. Apla nomizo oti eftasa tin metafrasi sto 100%.
Den ftaei omos oute autos otan tou paradidoun mia metafrasi misoteleiomeni.
Kalo einai na diafilatoume emeis i idioi ti glossa mas.
Anameno ta sxolia sas gia to an uparxoun lathi, an perasa tin metafrasi kai apo orthografiko elegxo me to Word.

Kai mia protasi pros tous Ellines pou xrisimopoioun to Plus!:
Se liges meres o Patchou tha zitisei na metafrastei i selida tou se diafores glosses. An kanoume oloi mazi mia prospatheia pisteuo tha exoume grigorotera apotelesmata.
Filika.

RE: Greek Translation Finished by Mike on 06-03-2004 at 01:43 PM

Nai, giati oxi? :D
Mallon tha ta kataferoume...

RE: Greek Translation Finished by panos78 on 06-05-2004 at 10:24 AM

I have added two more corrections to the attached file on the first post so the strings will fit better.
I hope Patchou will add it to the next update!
:)

RE: Greek Translation Finished by CookieRevised on 06-05-2004 at 01:09 PM

Can you change (add) something more?

What you can do is give the file a "version" number. You can decide yourself what you put as a "version"-number. Some translators use a date and a revision number for that date, others use the Plus! version and a revision number, etc... The important part is that you update your "version"-number each time you change something in the translation (even how small the change is).

Not all translators do this, but it is very handy to keep track of changes, not only for yourself, but also for those who want to keep there files as new as possible. Sometimes posting updated translations in threads can be confusion. So, putting a version number inside the translation can solve this.

You can do this in three ways:
- Put it in a comment line at the top of the file.
- Put it in the "About Dialog" if there is any room left (so the users of your translation will see it also)
- Do the two above...

Since translators are allowed to put a maximum of 4 comment lines on the first lines in there translation, this is a very handy way in doing this...

some examples:
1) first lines in Lang_Norsk.ini (Bokmal):
;ver:3.00.92-final
;rev:2.8

2) first lines in Lang_Svenska.ini:
;Svensk översättning .93b

3) first line in Lang_Nederlands.ini:
;Version 2004.06.03.2

4) etc...

RE: Greek Translation Finished by panos78 on 06-05-2004 at 03:38 PM

I made the changes you said.
I put a comment inside the file with the version and the date.
I also put the version and date in the about window.
Of course when this translation will be published by Patchou these strings should be removed.
I wrote also the version in the zip file.
I want to ask if it is possible Patchou to send me a copy of the installation program with the updated greek translation so I can check if the strings fit in the installation process windows.
Cheers.

RE: Greek Translation Finished by CookieRevised on 06-05-2004 at 07:51 PM

Nice, but I suggest to add also a revision number, because a file can change more times in a single day. So not only add a date, but also a revision number of that date. eg: ;Version 3.01.94 5/6/2004 rev1

The top comment line shouldn't be removed when it is send to Patchou. That defeats the purpose of putting it there in the first place. Like I previously said, translators are allowed to put 4 comment lines there.

Though, what you must delete are all the original english comments before each topic and keys. Remove this to reduce the filesize; this is asked in TranslationGuidelines.doc:

quote:
from TranslationGuidelines.doc
The only components you have to translate are the values. Sections and Keys must stay unchanged as they are known by Messenger Plus!. Comments are here to help you understand some parts of the file. When you don’t need them anymore, please, remove them so that the final file doesn’t contain useless data.

So, I took the liberty to fix this and also to remove some other left-overs of the previous translation. I did not alter anything to the translation itself. (I also didn't checked the translation for other technical errors, didn't had time yet)

Advanced checking of length:

The length of the strings in the setup and errormessages and all, can be check by using ResHack. To check this you need to open MsgPlus.exe and/or MsgPlusH.dll and edit the appropiate dialog-texts and compile the result. Or right-click on a control and edit it's caption...

Note that you must be realy careful not to overwite the original DLL and EXE, so make a backup first. Also, this is a very painstaking and "advanced" way of checking your translation. But in this way you can check almost every possible dialog.

You can check the setup screens in similar way, but you need to extract the MPlus3_Setup.exe first. Do this by starting up the Plus! download file and don't do anything else (so, leave it at the first screen). The MPlus3_Setup.exe is extracted to your temporary windows folder (mostly c:\windows\temp). Note that the translations are also there as m3pQc??-files and you can overwrite some translation with your Greek one and check the setup screens in realtime.

more about this here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26798
RE: Greek Translation Finished by panos78 on 06-06-2004 at 10:11 AM

I have checked the installation process windows and I attach the file for greek translation!
I will wait now for Patchou to publish it.
Enjoy!