Shoutbox

s2n error msgs - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: s2n error msgs (/showthread.php?tid=26432)

s2n error msgs by BiZaRrE on 05-31-2004 at 04:43 AM

hey, whenever i start msn messenger i get these 2 error messages (see atachment). why do i get it and how do i fix it?

EDIT: also since i started getting these error messages, the plugins i recently installed have dissapeared and when i try to reinstall them, it still doesn't work.

RE: s2n error msgs by ddunk on 05-31-2004 at 04:50 AM

Yeah, that started happening to me too ever since I installed Stuff-PlugNG

RE: s2n error msgs by BiZaRrE on 05-31-2004 at 04:55 AM

well i don't have stuff plug NG, i still have the original SP 1x...or whatever the version was.

EDIT: btw, to remove all my plugins for messenger plus! i just delete everything (Ctrl+A, shift+delete) in the C:/PROGRAM FILES/MESSENGER PLUS!3/PLUGINS folder right? So that I can reinstall them from scratch.

RE: s2n error msgs by Eljay on 05-31-2004 at 06:34 AM

well the only thing i can think of is to just reinstall plus or if that doesn't work reinstall messenger

also does anybody know where i can get the install file for messenger 6.1 because all websites i have tried have 6.2 now:(
i want 6.1 so i can have big display pictures because wtbwplug doesnt work with 6.2:@

RE: s2n error msgs by Eljay on 05-31-2004 at 06:48 AM

also which player are you using?

RE: s2n error msgs by BiZaRrE on 05-31-2004 at 06:52 AM

i have the 6.1 BETA file if you want it.

EDIT: what's the max. file size that can be uploaded? 'cos the installer is 4.84 mb, and when i try to upload it, it won't get uploaded:P

RE: s2n error msgs by Eljay on 05-31-2004 at 07:01 AM

yah i want it but how r u gonna send it 2 me:S
its probably 2 big 2 email

ummmmmmm pm me wiv ur msn addy plz ;)

RE: s2n error msgs by Patchou on 05-31-2004 at 07:30 AM

Deleting plugin files may not always be enough to remove all your plugins (some plugins can be installed some place else). I've added the Plugins preferences section in Messenger Plus! 3 for that exact reason: when you have a problem, you can disable each plugin individually or the whole plugin feature in the preferences.

Note to helpers: you should never tell peopel to delete files anymore, you should always tell them to disable plugins, restart Messenger and see if the problem is fixed.

RE: s2n error msgs by BiZaRrE on 05-31-2004 at 07:50 AM

the plugins i had before (and that were working fine) were:

• the HandWriting tool
  • StuffPlug (1.5b) (NOT SP-NG)
  • Hopper (2)
  • WMPlus (2)
  • Song2Nick
  • Screenshot Sender (3)
but now the only plugins that show up are handwriting enabler, SP, hopper, wmplus2..even when i try to install SS3 and s2n they still don't show up.

Oh, btw, i just relised that the s2n error messages go away after un-installing/re-installing PLUS! and msnmsgr, but come back after installing s2n and still come up after just un-installing s2n.

I don't like all these problems, and would really like it if someone could help me fix it.

EDIT(and OFFTOPIC): my 250th post [Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif][Image: star.gif]:gfdrin:[Image: mininana.gif]
RE: s2n error msgs by Eljay on 05-31-2004 at 07:58 AM

well u still havent answered my question which was which player are you using?
e.g winamp, windows media player

RE: s2n error msgs by BiZaRrE on 05-31-2004 at 08:05 AM

oh sorry..i use media player (9) and winamp (5)

RE: s2n error msgs by kao on 05-31-2004 at 08:14 AM

MSN Messenger 6.1.0211

RE: s2n error msgs by Eljay on 05-31-2004 at 08:47 AM

well you have 2 make sure on media player u have ticked off TOOLS>>PLUG-INS>>BLOGGIN but there should'nt be any problems with winamp.

P.s thanks for the link Kao.

RE: s2n error msgs by BiZaRrE on 05-31-2004 at 10:28 AM

yeah i know that leejefferey, but for some reason now everythuings just kinda messed up...:S

EDIT: Is there a way where I can get rid of all my plugins and Plus! 100%, then re-install it as if  have never had Plus! on my computer before? 'Cos I'm starting to get really annoyed at it, 'cos I try to install some plugins but they don't show up on the plugins list so I am unable to use them.

RE: s2n error msgs by BiZaRrE on 06-01-2004 at 03:31 AM

can someone please tell me how i can do what i said ^^above^^??