Shoutbox

Smiley Central bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Smiley Central bug (/showthread.php?tid=26449)

Smiley Central bug by anahu on 05-31-2004 at 02:43 PM

This bug doesn't cause any real harm but it is quite annoying. It's quite hard to explain it for me, I'm from Finland. Let's hope the attachment tells you more than I can.This smiley central (www.smileycentral.com) is a program that gives you an opportunity to add a great smiley to your message.  I really like that program and I wouldn't like to uninstall it or plus. I really hope this bug will be fixed. Everything good for everybody ;)

RE: Smiley Central bug by lhunath on 05-31-2004 at 02:45 PM

Try adding the attachment again =)

RE: Smiley Central bug by anahu on 05-31-2004 at 02:47 PM

Yep, sorry :-#

RE: Smiley Central bug by Guido on 05-31-2004 at 05:49 PM

You're sure that this doesn't happen without Plus, right?

RE: Smiley Central bug by saralk on 05-31-2004 at 06:20 PM

that usually happens when u dont have internet explorer installed

RE: Smiley Central bug by RebelSean on 05-31-2004 at 07:00 PM

Ummm I don't see how it can be Internet Explorer..Please explain more...

RE: Smiley Central bug by saralk on 05-31-2004 at 07:07 PM

it used to say on the msn website that if u dnt have internet explorer installed, the links in the window wont work

RE: Smiley Central bug by Patchou on 05-31-2004 at 08:24 PM

This bug is in their plugin and its not related to anything else :). Sorry.

RE: Smiley Central bug by Concord Dawn on 06-01-2004 at 12:14 AM

Smiley Central is not something I recommend. And if someone sends you one of the smilies, it usually says what the smiley is about. It's not a hude loss if you don't have it.

RE: Smiley Central bug by anahu on 06-01-2004 at 12:08 PM

Well in my opinion those smileys are very cool (H). If you can't fix it , then you can't fix it. Anyway it doesn't make using messenger more difficult. Thanks for answers and keep up the good work with Plus :P

Oh yes and what I forgot to say is: this bug didn't show up on earlier versions of PLUS so even though I'm not an expert I know you have done something that causes this bug ;)

RE: Smiley Central bug by CaSpA on 06-01-2004 at 06:40 PM

I dunno how so many ppl get into that spyware and adware filled Smiley Central

RE: Smiley Central bug by Islander on 06-01-2004 at 06:58 PM

Well, let me add a comment here. The problem with not being able of pressing "Cancel" seems to be something else. I myself have only installed MSN 6.2 and Plus!3, no plugins, and I had exactly that problem a couple of days ago also. I don't know if it's MSN or Plus! though. But there seems to be definately a bug somewhere related to that.

RE: Smiley Central bug by anahu on 06-01-2004 at 07:00 PM

Ok, the truth is that it adds My Web Search bar to Internet Explorer. Anyway I didn't make this bug report to talk about how much spyware it has, I made this because I believed the makers of plus could make the plus version 3.x work with Smiley Central as version 2.x did ^o) but the creator himself believes its Smiley Central plugin that causes everything. I think all hope is lost. :(

RE: Smiley Central bug by lhunath on 06-01-2004 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Islander
I don't know if it's MSN or Plus! though. But there seems to be definately a bug somewhere related to that.
Would you care to bother uninstalling Plus! then and trying again ? And seeing what happens with a previous version ? Just for information's sake.