Shoutbox

IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText (/showthread.php?tid=26481)

IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText by Topstar on 05-31-2004 at 11:15 PM

Could it be possible perhaps for a future release to add a form of intelliSense when using the quicktext, Like now when you type '/' all the options come up. I Think that it would be verry handy (al least for me) that when you type '/' and then a letter, that is positions for that place. ex. '/vo' + ENTER would autocomplete, en write '/voice' so you can start a conversation, but don't have to remember the whole command evry time...

RE: IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText by Guido on 05-31-2004 at 11:30 PM

You can press / and then Ctrl+ the first letter to jump to that letter.

Weird way, I know :P

RE: IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText by saralk on 06-01-2004 at 02:26 PM

wouldnt a thing that completed the rest of it but highlighted what it thaught u were gona write, like MSIE used to have.

or if the quicktext box filtered out as u started to write, like most browsers do now

RE: IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText by Vilkku on 06-01-2004 at 02:35 PM

I would like to have it this way: when you type / all commands will be in the list. When you type /n all xommands starting with n would be shown. When you type /np all commands starting with np would be shown etc. etc.

RE: IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText by Patchou on 06-01-2004 at 06:38 PM

yeah, I should do that...... one day I will :)

RE: IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText by Topstar on 06-03-2004 at 08:47 PM

Like Vilkku said was how I meant it... but  indeed with ctrl + letter i does that allready in a simple form... Isn't that hard to adjust it is it, just get the keyPressed and start a counter before which the next key has to be pressed... (Just hoping for that feature... ;-) )

Thanks for the reactions everybody...

mvg Topstar

RE: IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText by zaidgs on 06-03-2004 at 09:41 PM

well, if patchou is going to make it,
personally i'd prefer it would be more
like visual studio way, i dont like the
browsers way :S

and if possible also follow the
visual studio style in the tips given
when using this 'intellisense'

RE: RE: IntelliSense, Autocomplete for QuickText by Kian on 06-03-2004 at 11:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
wouldnt a thing that completed the rest of it but highlighted what it thaught u were gona write, like MSIE used to have.

or if the quicktext box filtered out as u started to write, like most browsers do now

I would prefer IntelliSense as in Visual Studio - anyway I think IntelliSense is a trademark so I propse we find another name :P

But anyway: whats wrong with the Intelli-feature in Plus! 3,0?
It works perfect. I miss an entire list of shortcuts - all the new features are only available by moving the mouse and I prefer shortcuts (I prefer shortcuts and therefor I hate my mouse :P)

// Kian