Shoutbox

Searching Bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Searching Bug (/showthread.php?tid=26486)

Searching Bug by Viper6 on 06-01-2004 at 02:43 AM

Hi guys

Love the new MP3 version... just have 1 gripe

Press control+f to search a conversation and find a word that you know is there, then press escape (so you can copy this text). You will find that the stupid thing scrolls all the way down to the bottom of the conversation and it loses its place...

Hope this can be fixed

RE: Searching Bug by ipab on 06-01-2004 at 05:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Viper6
Hi guys

Love the new MP3 version... just have 1 gripe

Press control+f to search a conversation and find a word that you know is there, then press escape (so you can copy this text). You will find that the stupid thing scrolls all the way down to the bottom of the conversation and it loses its place...

Hope this can be fixed

i think its supposed to do that:o
RE: Searching Bug by Patchou on 06-01-2004 at 05:13 AM

yes, its supposed to do that. However, you may have not noticed that the search windoiw is modeless, which means that you can access the chat window even when the search is opened (to copy the text or send a message for example).

RE: Searching Bug by Viper6 on 06-02-2004 at 04:29 AM

OK great thanx patchou i will give it a try :P

One more thing, I don't know if this is possible but say you are in a conversation with 4-5 other people and everyone is talking and u miss something and want to scroll up, but everytime you do it goes to the bottom of the conversation because someone has typed something new! This is also very annoying (i know its not a feature of MP3 but is there a way to disable it).

RE: Searching Bug by CaSpA on 06-02-2004 at 01:31 PM

The auto scroll feature is what ur experiencing, tho I've seen some things with auto scroll turned off so u can scoll an read, problem is that once off it would need u 2 manually scroll, so having it temp disabled while in search would be good enough i'd think, and add a lil thing in the plus! menu 2 turn it on/off.

RE: Searching Bug by Viper6 on 06-03-2004 at 10:11 AM

I have seriously been thinking about this issue for the last 2 days non stop and came up with this...

Patchou i am sure u have used mIRC before... Is there any way of making MSN scrolling work like in mIRC.

You know with mIRC once u scroll up the position is kept there, until you move right down to the bottom again, then it continues to auto scroll...