Shoutbox

Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? (/showthread.php?tid=26502)

Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Phrive on 06-01-2004 at 01:08 PM

is it possibelt o amek plus compatible with gilly msn?

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by matty on 06-01-2004 at 01:43 PM

No, because Gilly MSN will not have the available Api needed for Patchou to code on. Also why make an addon for a program that barley works...

* matty wonders why Patchou made it for MSN Messenger then 8-)
lol

But seriously, I tried Gilly MSN and it wouldn't log me in. And it wont have an api available to code on so no.

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Phrive on 06-01-2004 at 01:49 PM

yeah i know its got sum gd features tho u can tlk offline and thing like that but il;l choose plus over that anyday!! and also no dps or nothing liekt hat its very basic

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-01-2004 at 01:59 PM

you you people don't get it do you? it has NOTHING to do with API, but absolutely NOTHING

i won't explain, i guess you people don't know win32 programming.

ps: if you got any bugs for GM, why not post them on the support forums instead of sitting here dissing the program.

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Phrive on 06-01-2004 at 02:20 PM

i love GM i think its exellent but i think it lacks dps which is the biggest let down

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Mike on 06-01-2004 at 02:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
you you people don't get it do you? it has NOTHING to do with API, but absolutely NOTHING
Matty means messenger api.
Plus! uses the messenger api to work.
But yes it hooks in MSNMSBL class, you are right on that ;)
quote:
i won't explain, i guess you people don't know win32 programming.
Like you know? :lol:

j/k :P
RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-01-2004 at 02:56 PM

you are funny you know that. =/
anyway, i'll just stop now, because i don't want to be banned because of some  11-year old kid who laughs with sh*t.

have a good day ;)

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by matty on 06-01-2004 at 05:11 PM

if you made it Millenium_edition, heres the bug, It cant Authenticate a non hotmail/msn email account, ie i use my rogers.com email account for msn and it Fails the Authentication.

I do know about programming and I do know about Win32 Programming 8-) the Messenger Api that Plus! uses obviously is not going to be in Gilly Messenger.

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Patchou on 06-01-2004 at 06:35 PM

lol Millenium, and you accuse me to overreact? :). Don't worry, you won't be banned because you express your opinion.

As for making Plus! for Gilly, I won't as I probably would have to redo everything (and I'm sure Gilly can interpret my color codes and some other stuff by itself if it wants :p). And it's true that I need the basic Messenger API (UIAutomation) to do a lot of my stuff so Gilly would have to provide the same kind of API (which it may do already, I don't know).

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-01-2004 at 06:57 PM

Thank you for responding Patchou :)  (sorry but i hate kids who probably don't know what life is accusing me - believe me, I've been there. i was 11 when I joined msnfanatic ;) )

Matty. : have you tried the full installer? What is your OS?

And Yes, GM has a similar feature, a scripting engine, and IRC-like commands like /busy, /away, /msgall are implemented. I think it's a pretty good suggestion to implement into GM (color codes).

One word: http://www.cracksoft.net.pk/forums/

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by matty on 06-01-2004 at 07:04 PM

quote:
Matty. : have you tried the full installer? What is your OS?

Windows XP Pro Retail SP1

I have a Router and the ports that are needed to conect to the Messenger Server are open. And it still failes. I even tried it with a hotmail account and it failed to the count was pimp______daddy so... not exactly sure.

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-01-2004 at 07:08 PM

are you getting an error (run-time error?) or does it stop signing in and shows you some text on the lower part ( the part with [hour] <bla> has just signed in.)

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by matty on 06-01-2004 at 07:39 PM

Nope, Authentication failed, tried a few times, same error message different accounts
and i entered the correct password.

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-01-2004 at 07:42 PM

ahh yes i've had this issue too a few times. i think it's because of an error like "your contact list is not available."

sorry, but nobody reported this bug before :(

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Phrive on 06-01-2004 at 07:46 PM

Millenium_edition- is it possible in a later release of GM to have display pictures and colour wen u chat cos at the mo its only the default black bit boring, cos in my mind they are the only things that let it down cos on the whole it is very good!

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-01-2004 at 07:52 PM

we're working on it :) the dp's are in a couple of months though :( hasan is busy you know ;)

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Phrive on 06-01-2004 at 07:54 PM

thanx that will be brilliant and if u can get plus! like features it would be even better but with colour in messages and dps then that will be my default msn that i use cos at the mo i switch from 1 to the other coas there both in different ways (mainly msn cos of dps!)

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Patchou on 06-01-2004 at 10:34 PM

quote:
that will be brilliant and if u can get plus! like features
I have nothign against the idea, I just trust  the developers not to just rip-off some of my features like some other clients did in the past. I hope you're more fair play than some of my old "competitors" :). In any case, good luck with that project.
RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-02-2004 at 11:58 AM

Hasan is about to implement color codes. I'll tell him to add a link to your add-on in the about page. Is that all right?

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Phrive on 06-02-2004 at 12:03 PM

cool wen he adds the codes can you post a link to this thread?

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Mike on 06-02-2004 at 12:40 PM

Ummm ok sorry for teasing you me.
But i said "j/k" ...

GM is cool...
I tried it... ;)
I liked the "scripting" feature...
But there is a bug.
You can resize the emoticons at the chat window!

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-02-2004 at 12:43 PM

that's not a bug. that's a limitation of the richtextbox control. If you find a way around this, feel free to post it on CrackSoft ;)

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Ansette on 06-02-2004 at 06:43 PM

I have to say ever since I heard of GM (which was from mess.be for the version 3 preview) i was quite impressed... altho the logging with msgplus is better i wud say.. but it's worked nicely for me... wud there be anyway the logging could be chqanged to emulate patchou's style? or would this be seen as a waste of time/stealing patchou's ideas?

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-02-2004 at 06:53 PM

Patchou's style would have limitations, such as not logging the chat window closed. Also: it's not a program which is supposed to combine msgplus and MSN, it's an alternate client which is supposed to have unique and useful features, which is has. But of course, we can't say no to a whole bunch of people wanting plus! features in. Once Hasan has finished his exames, we'll finish this once and for all

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Ansette on 06-02-2004 at 07:12 PM

Ok that is a point, but couldn't it have the logging in a similiar style... and yes it is really nice to see not only when ppl have shut/opened windows but also to have it logged... but couldnt the time/date messages look similiar.. i find it easier to have all my logs in one file for each contact no matter what program.. and its weird having all different styles.. i liked dMSN but variation of logging is difficult... it's hard enuff trying to get the logs to appear in 'my chat logs'... any help?

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by saralk on 06-02-2004 at 07:20 PM

y cant u have a customisable logging thing

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Millenium_edition on 06-02-2004 at 07:22 PM

Well, I'd love to help, only problem is, I can't! If you post this a suggestion, people will say just to get used to, so =/
It's just the format after all, the rest is logged like plus! :s

RE: Plus! Compatible with Gilly Msn? by Patchou on 06-02-2004 at 07:23 PM

quote:
I'll tell him to add a link to your add-on in the about page. Is that all right?
That would be very fine yes, thank you :).