Shoutbox

suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=26534)

suggestion by CyberWolf on 06-01-2004 at 09:18 PM

i've seen lots of people ask for addons like the features i'm going to propose now ;-)

- The ability to signin offline
- Have a alert popup when somebody clicks your name / closes your chat window
- Have a alert popup when someone blocks you (some say it's possible, i don't know)

Maybe there already are plugins or other addons for those but it would be grrrreat if Plus! had these implemented :-)

Kind Greetings

RE: suggestion by lylesback2 on 06-01-2004 at 09:34 PM

- The ability to signin offline
MSN: Been done... and still do-able...
Plus!: not exactly sure... but patchou doesn't want to add that in.

MSN: Been done.. and still works, for MSN 6.1 i think MSN 6.2.
Plus!: That involves reading the new API and always changes.. and patchou doesn't want to add that in.

- Have a alert popup when someone blocks you (some say it's possible, i don't know)
MSN: Umm.. not really do-able unless they have numbers entered, and you try a few methods.  But i do have a program for you if you wanna use it, it detects who has blocked you and auto-matically cleans them off your list :D
Plus!: kinda already does this.  when blocked, check your Event Logger, for the numbers changed.  (Only applys if someone has contacts numbers in there MSN)

RE: suggestion by Fraisie on 06-01-2004 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CyberWolf

Anyway for these two, this would be dealing with privacy issues, and Patchou doesnt want that.
RE: suggestion by CyberWolf on 06-01-2004 at 09:46 PM

oh okay :)

so if it already exists,maybe anyone can give me a few addon/plugin names if possible?

Friendly greetings

RE: suggestion by lhunath on 06-01-2004 at 09:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
Plus!: kinda already does this.  when blocked, check your Event Logger, for the numbers changed.  (Only applys if someone has contacts numbers in there MSN)
Eh? Numbers ?
* lhunath is lost.

CyberWolf, get dMSN ;)
RE: suggestion by Fraisie on 06-01-2004 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
quote:
Eh? Numbers ?
* lhunath is lost.

The phone number :)
RE: suggestion by mdc on 07-01-2004 at 08:18 PM

isnt there an addon for regular msn messenger for ---> Have a alert popup when somebody clicks your name / closes your chat window.  <--- this. Or an eventlogger that does that? - at least there was before.

RE: suggestion by toddy on 07-01-2004 at 08:55 PM

quote:
it detects who has blocked you and auto-matically cleans them off your list

do you not get the option to see who has blocked you and then you can decide whether or not to delete them ?