Shoutbox

New msgplus.net web site - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: New msgplus.net web site (/showthread.php?tid=26535)

New msgplus.net web site by Patchou on 06-01-2004 at 09:25 PM

Hello,

the new msgplus.net web site has been online for a week now, most sections are complete and I would like to have your opinion about it. You have to consider the look of the site, the ease of use, the organisation, and your own personal general idea. Please be honest, that's very important.

Thank you :)
Patchou

RE: New msgplus.net web site by RebelSean on 06-01-2004 at 09:33 PM

Hi Patchou!!,
                           I like it. I is very well organized and it is VERY easy to browse and look threw..The best thing I like about it, is that  wene I go to it lookin for something the link is always there ready fo me to click on it ;-) Great Job dude!,

Sean

RE: New msgplus.net web site by KeyStorm on 06-01-2004 at 09:34 PM

It looks way better than the old one. Now I find the help for quick questions quicklier (Y). ;)

Congrats Patchous, GFD and whoever helped you :grin:.

:drool: @ the design...

RE: New msgplus.net web site by Sunshine on 06-01-2004 at 09:46 PM

Very good site. FAQ page good for quick lookup and the tutorials too.

Very well done, very well.

(Y) guys!

RE: New msgplus.net web site by Choli on 06-01-2004 at 10:25 PM

Looks very nice, nicer than the old one :D, however I think it's more complex to navigate in it :-/. It takes me more time to find a page I want than in the old site. That can also be due to I'm used to the old site 8-) and maybe need more days to learn where things are in this new site, specially the links of non-main pages (like the registry settings, the plugin API, ...) :P

About the content, it's ok. It has lots of resources and well organised pages. Great in this aspect ;)

Btw, the flash animations run slower ('cause they're bigger and more) than in the old site. Can something be done to optimize that? :)

About the poll, I'm not sure what option to choose: the 1st or 2nd one... I really like the site and it has a very good look, however... :blah!: I'll choose the 1st one :banana:

Edit:
Of course, I have to congratulate Guido and the GFDD team for the very great design of the site and you, Patchou, for all the contents of it (apart for doing Plus! ;)).

RE: New msgplus.net web site by Phrive on 06-02-2004 at 07:19 AM

very nice and easy to navigate i would like some more backgrounds on the site cos there is only a few thats my ionly critism about the site, also i think where it says download and community it should have kinks above in stead of clickin download then plugins plugins should go aboive it so i can click there but all in all v gd and better than the last

RE: New msgplus.net web site by Maniac on 06-02-2004 at 11:43 AM

It's great i love it, but where did the quick links section go? :s

RE: RE: New msgplus.net web site by Anubis on 06-02-2004 at 11:47 AM

I've got to say that I love the proffessinal cool, smooth and even futureistic look...
Shouldn't this thread be in the Forum\Website section?

RE: New msgplus.net web site by Millenium_edition on 06-02-2004 at 12:04 PM

I don't like it. It looks more professional though. But I think there is no menu any more. Any average computer user would be able to find what he/she wants if you had a menu.

Of course, there are other web sites, such as Microsoft, which look professional. But I don't like it :)

Sorry, but it's my point of view. I can understand your decision to make it that way though.

RE: New msgplus.net web site by Choli on 06-02-2004 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
But I think there is no menu any more
there's a menu, up in the right
RE: New msgplus.net web site by Millenium_edition on 06-02-2004 at 12:11 PM

LOL, it doesn't show up properly in firebird... Maybe because I use flashblock? Anyway, ah yes, nice menu, but I'm still not like "woohooo cool website!" :p

sorry patch :s

RE: New msgplus.net web site by Kryptonate on 06-02-2004 at 12:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by _-PhRiVe-_
i respect millenium_edition he says what he wants with his points of view and dosnet suck up 2 patchou like every1 else (including me!) lol
we're not "sucking Patchou up". The site is very good done, it's not like thousands of other msn-related sites who just copy&paste and therefor look all the same, if you then say to the webmaster that he has a done a very good job, srry, but then you are sucking him up imo as he hasn't done anything (or at least not much) by himself. GFD has had a lot of work on msgplus.net and they did an excellent job.
I use Firefox too and I don't have any problems at all. Be sure to have the flashplayer installed and disable the flashblock.
RE: New msgplus.net web site by user27089 on 06-02-2004 at 12:32 PM

it looks much nicer now than it did before, also this one is useful... unlike the old useless one... j/k

sall good

RE: New msgplus.net web site by reisyboy on 06-02-2004 at 12:33 PM

I reallu do like this new layout, much more clear. I must also say that now the plugin links work it much better :)

RE: New msgplus.net web site by ZeroG on 06-02-2004 at 01:02 PM

the site doesn't work well or look nice if you disable images and flash. though if you can't use flash or images you wouldn't be able to use plus either..

but of course with images and flash it looks good. perhaps more img alt tags could be filled in?

RE: New msgplus.net web site by Patchou on 06-02-2004 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Sorry, but it's my point of view
Don't be sorry for expressing your point of view, if I just wanted tyo see posts like "your new site is great", I wouldn't have created a poll :p.

Anyway, it's good to see that most of you seem to like the new site, I do too but I'm still doing a lot of stuff in it and I wanted to be sure we were on the right track. As the the top menu in flash, whem flash is disabled (or not installed), a static picture is displayed instead. I don't know what your Firebird plugin is doing but it's wrong :p.
RE: New msgplus.net web site by RebelSean on 06-02-2004 at 05:46 PM

I have flash but they don't flash...

RE: New msgplus.net web site by saralk on 06-02-2004 at 05:47 PM

i think there should be a "lite" version aswell, cos there are loads of flash stuff, and my computer is quite slow so when i go on the site, the website is really slow

RE: New msgplus.net web site by Kryptonate on 06-02-2004 at 05:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
whem flash is disabled (or not installed), a static picture is displayed instead. I don't know what your Firebird plugin is doing but it's wrong
In Firefox, you just see the broken Quicktime logo for example :-/.
RE: New msgplus.net web site by linx05 on 06-06-2004 at 05:12 AM

It looks good, but it is pretty slow on my computer. My computer isn't the fastest and when I visit the site, it really slows down!

RE: New msgplus.net web site by lopardo on 06-06-2004 at 08:21 AM

It's very cool and better organized than the old one (even if we now will have to get used to where everything is). But I think the first time user will find things easier (Y).