Shoutbox

Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder (/showthread.php?tid=26582)

Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by MattyMooMoo on 06-02-2004 at 07:06 PM

First off sorry if this is in the wrong place, but would appreciate help on it anyway!!!

The Windows XP "compressed (zipped) folder" function has dissappeared on my PC :'(

This is the feature where you right click in a folder and select new and it says new "compressed folder" or something.  I used this feature alot, and would like it back if anyone knows how it would be great.

anyway thanks in advance for any help!! :D and sorry once again if this is in the wrong place!!

RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by Mike on 06-02-2004 at 07:12 PM

Hmmm
You mean:
Right Click on a file->Send to->Compressed Ziped Folder ?
Hmmm.,..
Can you go to Start->Run and type sendto and see if "Compressed (zipped) Folder" is there?

RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by Kryptonate on 06-02-2004 at 07:13 PM

have you recently installed WinRAR or WinZIP?

RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by MattyMooMoo on 06-02-2004 at 07:13 PM

yeah thats what i mean, and it is there! just not when i right click in a folder

win rar i did recently reinstall, but had it installed b4 and it was fine

RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by WDZ on 06-02-2004 at 07:16 PM

To "repair" the feature, go to Start > Run and type "regsvr32 zipfldr.dll" then restart the PC.

RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by MattyMooMoo on 06-02-2004 at 07:17 PM

Thank you!! :-D will try that now!! :D

RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by Kryptonate on 06-02-2004 at 07:18 PM

If you're using winrar it doesn't show because all compressed files will be opened with winrar. If you choose "WinRAR Archive" it's the same.

RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by MattyMooMoo on 06-02-2004 at 07:47 PM

okkie thank you all for the help and support :D:D

RE: RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by paperless on 06-02-2004 at 11:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
To "repair" the feature, go to Start > Run and type "regsvr32 zipfldr.dll" then restart the PC.

:O how did u know it!?
RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by matty on 06-02-2004 at 11:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PT_KiD
:O how did u know it!?

WDZ maybe lazy, but hes no dummy ;)
WDZ is smart for his age ;)
RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 02:19 AM

:rolleyes:

I thought it was a well-known tip... :p I saw it on some site once and remembered it, because I thought it might be useful someday.

RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by reisyboy on 06-03-2004 at 08:52 AM

WDZ, u know if it works for other DLL's or just the zip one?

RE: Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder by rompom7 on 06-04-2004 at 12:04 PM

WinRAR > Everything