Shoutbox

Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line (/showthread.php?tid=26595)

Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by CaSpA on 06-02-2004 at 10:52 PM

Windows Version: Windows 98, 4.10.2222
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0211-Windows-X Edition with Clear MSN Skin, Latest Games Patch, and Loaded with jrnzloader
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.00.0094

Also noted that it says 3.00.0094 when in the 'about' window it says 3.01.94. also I'm not upgrading my MSN 2 6.2 as their isn't any "extra" features offered yet, just waiting on the anysize DP/CE and more then 5 CEs per Messages Plugs support 6.2. Also attached a Screen Grab of the Email Line with the About windows right next 2 it.

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by Choli on 06-02-2004 at 11:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CaSpA
Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line
try to restart windows...
quote:
Also noted that it says 3.00.0094 when in the 'about' window it says 3.01.94.
known problem: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26...d=256552#pid256552
RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by matty on 06-02-2004 at 11:50 PM

quote:
Windows Version: Windows 98, 4.10.2222
Messenger Client Version: 6.1.0211-Windows-X Edition with Clear MSN Skin, Latest Games Patch, and Loaded with jrnzloader
Messenger Plus! Version: 3.00.0094

Have you tried a standard installation from windows with no patches and no loaders?

Reason for that is I dont experience this and I use no patches and no loaders and just a standard install of MSN Messenger 6.1 with some dll tweaks but still
RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by CaSpA on 06-03-2004 at 12:52 AM

well the garbled text is a no biggies, it's not doing it right now, but som1 might have rebooted the computer, I dunno. also I already found some thread that mentioned the (!VER) bit, Patchou also said he'll fix it 2night, so i'm guessing by 2morrow a small update or somthing, hell it's no biggies either

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by cwgriffin7 on 06-03-2004 at 02:38 AM

This is a great program, please don't get me wrong, for I hate how I'm just kind of speaking on what doesn't work here instead of all that does.  However, Caspa is right, for the email line is still garbled.  I have rebooted and all that fun stuff.
I'm running:
Windows 98 SE
MSN Messenger version 6.2
MSG plus! version 3.1

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by matty on 06-03-2004 at 02:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cwgriffin7
This is a great program, please don't get me wrong, for I hate how I'm just kind of speaking on what doesn't work here instead of all that does.  However, Caspa is right, for the email line is still garbled.  I have rebooted and all that fun stuff.
I'm running:
Windows 98 SE
MSN Messenger version 6.2
MSG plus! version 3.1

Which language are you guys using for Messenger Plus! and MSN Messenger?
RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by linx05 on 06-03-2004 at 04:40 AM

I'm running into the same problems.

Messenger Plus!: 3.01.94
MSN Messenger: 6.1.0211
Windows: Win98se

p.s I've got more pictures of this happening. I could only post one.

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by Patchou on 06-03-2004 at 04:41 AM

[Image: msn_cry.old.gif] I would really like to know more about this problem.

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by linx05 on 06-03-2004 at 06:11 AM

I've posted this list I generated with startuplist. Can you please delete it after you have gone through it Patchou. Thanks. Btw, great look for the forum!

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by Lost_Soul on 06-03-2004 at 06:31 AM

I've just updated my XP version to 3.01.94, and everything looks great Patchou, Great job!!!!

I'll let you know In about 12 hours if I still experience the quirky things on my ME system (contact list issue as i posted before elsewhere)

As a note, i use 6.2.0133 on both, and also use windows x edition (updated for 6.2.0133) on both systems

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by cwgriffin7 on 06-03-2004 at 02:46 PM

I'm using English.  As far as the garbled line goes, this morning it looks ok.....not sure what changed.  I'm a little hesitant to say the problem is fixed though b/c on the old version it'd appear properly sometimes and sometimes not.  I'll let you know if it comes back in a bit.  Also, it is probably relevant to note that I don't use any patches.

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by Mike on 06-03-2004 at 02:58 PM

Thats a pop3 problem...
Try disabling POP3 email client and see if this does it...

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by Lost_Soul on 06-03-2004 at 04:21 PM

I also am seeing the garbled text on my ME system, but all other issues seem to be resolved. (I will make a comment on the other thread about it being fixed).

I did try this with both the windows's X skin, and without.

Mike2, we are aware that this is a problem when POP3 is enabled, that is what we are all hoping is resolved, as it doesn't seem to be a consistant problem on all OS's :D

Patchou, the question I have for you on this POP3 problem, have you actually experienced it, or do you need a step by step on how this appears, and what our specific settings are to help resolve this on the older systems that it appears to only be happening on?

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by Patchou on 06-03-2004 at 11:24 PM

I have never experienced this problem and I can't find a possible reason in my code. I've added some more protections in Plus! 3.01 but apparently, it was not enough. If you can give me step by step instructions to reproduce the problem, I'd be glad to hear them. First, I'll jsut need to confirm with you that the bug appears on a virgin non-modified version of MSN Messenger :).

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by cwgriffin7 on 06-03-2004 at 11:45 PM

It appeared with me on Version 6.2 of messenger, unmodified, virgin, whatever you want to call it, except for the fact it had MSG Plus! 3.1.  The upside is that whatever the problem was might've gone away.  I'm up to 10 hours here without any such problems.  I'm just about ready to declare the problem solved.  The unfortunate thing is that I didn't do anything different, so I can't tell you how it was solved.  Last night I rebooted my computer and it still was weird.  I shut it off and went to bed, and this morning all is perfect.  See if you can make heads or tails out of that.....I don't see any natural reason why it would suddenly cure itself after a second reboot.  Thanks for the great work, Patchou!

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by Lost_Soul on 06-04-2004 at 01:05 AM

V6.2.0133 direct from messenger.msn.com
Win ME
Plus 3.01.94

The symptoms have happened with both 'virgin' install, and Window's X version (Just wanted to clarify that I have done both)

I have 4 fields filled out on POP3 feature as follows.

(Ya know... as I started to fill this part out, I realize that I am using Hotmail Popper v2.1.0 for my hotmail.com/msn.com accounts, so this might be an issue. I will have to experiment on my ME system tomorrow, and I will follow up with it.)

But for now these are the paramaters and results:

Account 1:
Email address: blah@msn.com
Server: 127.0.0.1 : 110
Login: blah@msn.com
Password: *******

Account 2:
Email address: glob@msn.com
Login: glob@msn.com
Password: *******

Account 3:
Email address: dodah@hotmail.com
Login: dodah@hotmail.com
Password: *****

Account 4:
Email Address: work@mortgagecompany.net
Server: mail.mortgagecompany.net
Login: work@mortgagecompany.net
Password: ********

The master signin is on a @hotmail addy (not that that is relavant). Everything has responded just like it did on v2 of plus, as i've followed along with the same criterea all along.

When first pulling messenger out of the task bar, I will see all current unread mails in the master hotmail account displayed properly, then after the delay I will see all total mails (read and unread) from all the remaining 4 accounts also displayed properly. At some point after this, is when the X number of mails line garbles like the screeen shots that you have seen so many of. Hopefully that helps clarify things a bit for you.

I will test everything again tomorrow using non hotmail/msn accounts that I have from other servers, just in case the hotmail popper might be causing the conflict on my ME system.

If I have missed any steps that would help you, or more information is needed, either leave a message here, or catch me on my signatures site, as I'm one of the bosses over there :D

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by Lost_Soul on 06-05-2004 at 12:34 AM

The only conclusion that I can come up with, is that Hotmail Popper is not the cause, as I have tried combinations of accounts including the above listed ones, and a couple accounts that i have @comcast.net. It still appears to happen at random when it does happen, whether Popper is running or not.

A couple things that I can add:

1. On the initial signin, it will always display the single account that just signed in's total. Then it will (after a short delay) show the total from the other Plus listed accounts. If I just let it sit it will not garble. It only happens after I bring messenger back to the front (after closing other IE applications or such). For an instant you will see the proper count, and then it garbles. Even then it is random as to when it happens.

2. Once the total of the Plus listed accounts is displayed, no matter how i minimize messenger (to task bar or the tray), when I pull it back up to the front. It still displays the Plus listed account total. Shouldn't this display the sign in account's total, and then delay and show the Plus account total?

(All of this post is in regards to my ME system)

RE: Still Running Into Garbled Text Email Line by Patchou on 06-05-2004 at 08:09 AM

Lost_Soul: thx for all the details, thats helpful. As for delaying the modification of the text, that was a problem in version 3.00 that has been solved in 3.01 (it will be delayed only the first time).