Shoutbox

custom word filters... got a clever one? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: custom word filters... got a clever one? (/showthread.php?tid=26602)

custom word filters... got a clever one? by lylesback2 on 06-03-2004 at 01:43 AM

anyone got any clever word filters??

i mostly use it for like

"they are = they're"
mostly grammar fixes, and stupid incomming messages like
sorri = sorry
we are = we're and stuff... anyone got a good one :P

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Sk3tch on 06-03-2004 at 02:14 AM

I don't have that many word filters.. i don't really use them for "rude" words as i don't really care lol..  but somethings like mess' to http:\\www.mess.be cause im lazy :grin: I'll use 'mess' now thought that the looping bug has been fixed..

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
"they are = they're"
quote:
we are = we're and stuff
I'd use them only.. it doesnt really work if you wanna say:

"are we? :O"...    cause you can't say  "we're? :O"
and
"they are!!! :@"... cause you can't say  "they're!!! :@"

lol :P
RE: RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by lylesback2 on 06-03-2004 at 03:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
I'd use them only.. it doesnt really work if you wanna say:

"are we? :O"...    cause you can't say  "we're? :O"
and
"they are!!! :@"... cause you can't say  "they're!!! :@"

lol :P

i JUST ran into that problem... never seen that problem until like 20 min ago.. then i noticed you posted it :P very odd.  but i removed them, so all i got left is

Sorri = Sorry
sup = suP?
youve = you've

i had to delete the rest cause of that problem lol.. can't think of a new one ^o)... but i like the "mess = www.mess.be" idea :P
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by weirdal27 on 06-03-2004 at 04:08 AM

couldent you add a space after each one?
so 'we are ' with a space on the end would be 'we're ' with a space on the end
and would it leave the other ones without a space (we are!!!) unmodified?

I havent used the filters yet, maybe i will some time

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Mike on 06-03-2004 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Test Zero
I've made a pretty good list of word filters. I used the ones from Microsoft Word's AutoCorrect.

[Image: autocorrect.png]

[Image: wordfilter.png]

If you want to use my word filters, use this .reg file.

You'll have to open it in Notepad do a find/replace to replace \address\ with \your@msn.account\ before applying it, though.

If you use that file, it will erase your existing word filters.
Are you sure you done that? ;)
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by saralk on 06-03-2004 at 01:45 PM

wdz did that u thief :o

since i dont like the word lol, cos its over used, i made lol change to lim (lauging in mind) which i think is more fitting

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by elliot on 06-03-2004 at 11:28 PM

Good job Mike2.

I have a problem though, all the filters are in the registry, but MsgPlus is only reading the first 10. From "abotu" down, it doesn't work...

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Maniac on 06-03-2004 at 11:42 PM

I only filter "jsut" to "just" cause i make that typo ALL the time.

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by MC Inferno on 06-03-2004 at 11:43 PM

WTF - What The Fuck
BRB - Be Right Back
Fuckled - Fucked <-------------- My Fav :lol:
Gangsta Test - The Offical Gangster Test™
and of course............... Plus - Msg. Plus!

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by ddunk on 06-03-2004 at 11:45 PM

I've got WDZ's Word AutoCorrect plus..

Brb to I'll Be right back
kik to lol (i make that too often :()
and
ahve to have

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by J2000_ca on 06-04-2004 at 01:52 AM

Few changes to Mike2 list.

• Fixed MaxCount (thats why for some people it wouldn't display them all)
  • Bolded some acronyms

*Rename the attachment to .reg
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Varish on 06-04-2004 at 03:06 AM

Did u guys know that if u created a .reg file like that ^, you can easily filter "u" to "you". (you can't do this from the preference itself) :D

Some filters i have are,

brb > I'll be right back.
msg > messege
u > you
i >I
k >okey
r >are
cuz >because

etc... :P

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Sk3tch on 06-04-2004 at 07:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
and of course............... Plus - Msg. Plus!
Why not "Messenger Plus!"? Its not like you have to type more and it looks better :P
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
kik to lol (i make that too often )
Yeah me 2 :grin:

Seems now that’s its released, the word filter is mainly used for spelling corrections :rolleyes:
RE: RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Ansette on 06-04-2004 at 06:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chloe
Did u guys know that if u created a .reg file like that ^, you can easily filter "u" to "you". (you can't do this from the preference itself) :D

Some filters i have are,
msg > messege
u > you
i >I
k >okey
r >are
cuz >because

I'm using the registry file featured above though and things like dont are coming up as don' instead of don't.. which obviously is due to the character limit but how then are u able to have corrections longer than the original, am i missing summin?!
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Sk3tch on 06-04-2004 at 06:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ansette
I'm using the registry file featured above though and things like dont are coming up as don' instead of don't.. which obviously is due to the character limit but how then are u able to have corrections longer than the original, am i missing summin?!
In the Add Word Panel, select the option "Messages You Send" and this way you don't have a limit ;)

This only works with messages that you send
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by lizard.boy on 06-04-2004 at 10:13 PM

is there really a reason why there cant be a longer incoming thing than normal?

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Sk3tch on 06-04-2004 at 10:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
is there really a reason why there cant be a longer incoming thing than normal?
Yep.. it's a safety limitation. You can only recieve a certain amount of characters, and changing the words to something longer may corrupt the message...  :P
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by weirdal27 on 06-05-2004 at 05:00 AM

tell me if im doing something wrong, but i took that reg file, replaced "address" with my email and saved it as a reg file
I went to regedit and import it but it says it isnt a valid reg file

windows me

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Sk3tch on 06-05-2004 at 05:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
I went to regedit and import it but it says it isnt a valid reg file

windows me
Try just double clicking on the reg file to register. If that doesn't work either download the file again and compare/try again, or upload it and im sure someone will figure out what’s wrong :P
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by weirdal27 on 06-05-2004 at 06:14 AM

ok, i tried that, it said "the specified file is not a registry script"
here is the file (I renamed it to a txt to upload it)

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by toddy on 06-05-2004 at 07:40 AM

your file worked perfectly well on my computer, so can't help you. soz

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by CookieRevised on 06-05-2004 at 08:39 PM

That's because the registry file is identified as a RegEdit 5 file and that's ONLY for Windows 2000 and its succesors!

To make it compatible with ALL other versions, replace:
"Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00"
with
"REGEDIT4"

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by lylesback2 on 06-05-2004 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Some filters i have are,

msg > messege
u > you
i >I
k >okey
r >are
cuz >because

etc... 
those are some good ones... but you need to be an advance user to change those
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by ddunk on 06-05-2004 at 09:54 PM

You can have longer than the original if you have it in the sent direction. And to get i to go to I (because it's only 1 char), you have to insert it through the registry.

RE: by lylesback2 on 06-05-2004 at 10:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Test Zero
I've made a pretty good list of word filters. I used the ones from Microsoft Word's AutoCorrect.

[Image: autocorrect.png]

[Image: wordfilter.png]

If you want to use my word filters, use this .reg file.

You'll have to open it in Notepad do a find/replace to replace \address\ with \your@msn.account\ before applying it, though.

If you use that file, it will erase your existing word filters.

hey man, that is really good! lol, i actually used it on my MSN :P thanks alot!
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by weirdal27 on 06-05-2004 at 10:21 PM

if you made "i" go to "I" wouldent some of your words be like this?:
thIs Is a test

anyway, i replaced that with what you said cookie and it still didnt work :| I am sure i got my email right and everything...

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by EvilSeph on 06-05-2004 at 10:31 PM

Why the .reg file? You can make it easier for people by using the built-in export wizard :)

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Varish on 06-05-2004 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by weirdal27
thIs Is a test

No, i have tested this.........you have to type a stand alone word :D to get filtered (cherecters are not counted as latters :))

So, i! "i" will change to I! "I"

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by lylesback2 on 06-06-2004 at 01:11 AM

quote:
thIs Is a test

anyway, i replaced that with what you said cookie and it still didnt work  I am sure i got my email right and everything...
no.. it doesn't do independant characters...

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Why the .reg file? You can make it easier for people by using the built-in export wizard 
because people are stupid these days and dont think of using that file... but can take the time to do this.. lol
RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Varish on 06-06-2004 at 01:34 AM

quote:
quote:

thIs Is a test

anyway, i replaced that with what you said cookie and it still didnt work  I am sure i got my email right and everything...

no.. it doesn't do independant characters...

WTF?? I its not me who said that. :D

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by lylesback2 on 06-06-2004 at 04:46 AM

quote:
WTF?? I its not me who said that.
oh lol sorry, i clicked quick quote on your post, instead of the one above LOL.. didnt notice the name mix-up

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by bnevets27 on 06-06-2004 at 09:48 PM

i made a couple registry entrys and i think they worked but then a couple disapeared and then some didn't work

do u have 2 have plus! closed while doin the changes or something. i know u would have to restart plus! but..
do i have 2 change maxcount?

i don't see y patchou made it do so u can't filter like "i" to "I" in user the panel? like u have to do it threw the registry

oh and question, i guess you can't filter numbers? stupid i know but i have gotten used to typing "2" instead of to, i put it as a word filter in the registry but it didn't work. i'm assumin plus! doesn't look at numbers
Edit:   it does work with numbers, nevermind

RE: custom word filters... got a clever one? by Varish on 06-07-2004 at 09:49 AM

Yes, you have to change the max count too, but im not quite sure about the word count tho....