Shoutbox

New theme! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: New theme! (/showthread.php?tid=26608)

New theme! by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 04:58 AM

Well, the new forum theme, designed by Guido, is now ready to be used. It will be set as default, and the theme selections of all members will be reset.

I think it's pretty cool... quite a difference from the old theme, eh? I suppose there are some little glitches here and there, and I'll be working to take care of those. Please don't abandon the theme because of a few little bugs that can be easily fixed. All comments, questions, and problems concerning the theme can be posted in this thread.

Enjoy! :) :P

RE: New theme! by Mike on 06-03-2004 at 05:03 AM

Well...
Its not bad...
But im switching back to the one i had :P

RE: New theme! by chris on 06-03-2004 at 05:04 AM

wow, very nice:d i like it. blue is mah fav color so its great and nice and smoth and all that good stuff

RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 05:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike2
Well...
Its not bad...
But im switching back to the one i had :P
:blah:

Whatever... :p
RE: New theme! by segosa on 06-03-2004 at 05:04 AM

Well I was just browsing a thread and refreshed, so this was a nice surprise. banner at the top of a bit messed up but otherwise, I like this theme

* segosa keeps it

EDIT: as TheBlasphemer said below.. the top bar's only messed up in firefox, in IE it's perfect.. :p

RE: New theme! by Sk3tch on 06-03-2004 at 05:04 AM

That was funny.. i clicked the link to a new thread and this new theme appeared :shocked:

Anyway i think it looks great (Y) Makes a change from the old default theme..

:banana:

Could take some while getting used to it though :P

RE: New theme! by Joe on 06-03-2004 at 05:06 AM

I was just talking with WDZ about changing the way this forum looked not too long ago.... i'm glad he took it into perspective, or maybe he already had it planned, i don't know.........

LOOKS GREAT!!!!

RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 05:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheBlasphemer
The top bar seems to fuck up in firefox...
Could you post a screenshot? I don't have firefox. :p

It works good in Opera and IE. :refuck:

quote:
Originally posted by atownjoe2004
I was just talking with WDZ about changing the way this forum looked not too long ago.... i'm glad he took it into perspective, or maybe he already had it planned, i don't know.........
You had nothing to do with it. :p I think just Guido and Patchou were behind this.
RE: New theme! by segosa on 06-03-2004 at 05:10 AM

That white line on the right isn't part of it.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=256806]

RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 05:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
Attachment: ffox.PNG (38.9 KB)
Thanks. I'll look into it in the morning, unless Guido or someone else wants to figure out what the problem is? :p

I don't wanna download firefox... :'(
RE: New theme! by ddunk on 06-03-2004 at 05:21 AM

I'm gonna assume someone fixed the FF bug because I'm running FF and not seeing it :dodgy:

Edit: Oh yeah, theme looks great :D

RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 05:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
I'm gonna assume someone fixed the FF bug because I'm running FF and not seeing it
:cheesy:

Other FF users, can you confirm?
RE: New theme! by weirdal27 on 06-03-2004 at 05:25 AM

i can confirm, it looks fine here on firefox
very nice theme, i think i'll keep it :D
I like gradients

RE: New theme! by segosa on 06-03-2004 at 05:27 AM

yes.. it's working perfect now =o

RE: New theme! by Mippo on 06-03-2004 at 05:53 AM

Yay, looks great! :banana: (also works fine on Firefox :happy:)

* Mippo keeps it

Good work Guido (Y) :banana:

RE: New theme! by Pipish on 06-03-2004 at 05:59 AM

wow its looks amazing i thought have i come to the worng website lol its good

RE: New theme! by Muss on 06-03-2004 at 06:32 AM

Back to shady :P

RE: New theme! by chungster on 06-03-2004 at 06:58 AM

i like it cuz its a bright color and the color changes

RE: New theme! by illuzn on 06-03-2004 at 07:04 AM

No problems with new theme on my computer... its soo sweet =)
Msgplus rocks! and not just because its a killer plugin

RE: New theme! by Weyzza on 06-03-2004 at 07:28 AM

So DZ,

no more Google AdSense banner?

RE: New theme! by lhunath on 06-03-2004 at 07:52 AM

Wonderful theme mate, too bad its in blue.. Too bloody cold colour, freezing my sox off, until you make one in green and darker I'm switching back xD

Edit:
Gawd your blueness and whiteness broke the fading around the edges of my avatar =( Curse thee =|

RE: New theme! by Anubis on 06-03-2004 at 08:12 AM

I like it...seems very nice to look at...looks a lot more modern...

RE: New theme! by GiantSpider on 06-03-2004 at 08:44 AM

I likes it alot. Well done all concerned.

RE: New theme! by reisyboy on 06-03-2004 at 08:49 AM

I have to say its very cool, im keepin it :P;)

RE: New theme! by Mnjul on 06-03-2004 at 09:32 AM

Nice job guys (Y) It looks more professional ;)

I'd like to see the text color in forumdisplay get darker though :) Instead of 376D95, 264A66 may look better with the background :)

RE: New theme! by Jeronimo on 06-03-2004 at 09:37 AM

Top job guys. When Guido does something, he does it well. Well done to WDZ as well. Who would of thought he could be so non-lazy ;)

It will take a bit of getting used to, as all things do, but I think the new look will be staying with me. The fades are just a delight!! :P

RE: New theme! by Phrive on 06-03-2004 at 09:38 AM

gr8 i love it, alot better than all the other themes exellent work!

RE: New theme! by Martijn. on 06-03-2004 at 10:12 AM

I must say I have to get used to it, but I'm keeping it :)

RE: RE: New theme! by MSN on 06-03-2004 at 11:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
I like it...seems very nice to look at...looks a lot more modern...

I second that  and really superb!!!! (Y)
RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-03-2004 at 11:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I absolutely love this new theme. Just one thing: these  messageboxes are too wide sometimes (page 1 of this thread) so  i have to use that lil bar to slide to the left an right :(
It's just because of someone's screenshot that screw up the page. I reported it and I hope some mod will resize it... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the theme is great. Although the quick access buttons don't fit anymore, IMO.
However, hey, great job!

* KeyStorm wishes he was better at designing :cry:
RE: New theme! by Choli on 06-03-2004 at 11:37 AM

quote:
I absolutely love this new theme. Just one thing: these  messageboxes are too wide sometimes (page 1 of this thread) so  i have to use that lil bar to slide to the left an right :(
that happens when someone post a very wide image :P

about the theme, i like it, however I'd like to suggest some thngs:
The background color is either white or blue. well, I'd like the blue be a lighter blue. Maybe one of these next ones, or a mix of them:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=256928]

The other thing is about the elite blue color at the nick. With the blue bg it isn't well viewed. What about a new color? orange maybe?... Test: Choli

Anyway, I'll keep this new theme :P

edit:
quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
Although the quick access buttons don't fit anymore, IMO.
they do
RE: New theme! by Sunshine on 06-03-2004 at 12:26 PM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I absolutely love this new theme. Just one thing: these  messageboxes are too wide sometimes (page 1 of this thread) so  i have to use that lil bar to slide to the left an right
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oops, i accidently deleted the wrong post...soz..i checked again when i get this an yup i saw now its cuz of too wide images :( It would be nice if the large images posted would auto addapt to the normal size of this textscreen (if that's possible). :D

U know what i mean i hope..kinda like messenger rezises DP's.

Edit: Don't think PT kid doubleposted...my post was inbetween em..sowwy again.

RE: New theme! by RebelSean on 06-03-2004 at 12:50 PM

Awesome theme yall! Great job well done ;-)....
It scared me at first...I was like WTF my Inernet Explorer is messed up again??????....But now that I read this thread...Awesome job yall ;-)

RE: New theme! by user27089 on 06-03-2004 at 01:01 PM

It looks v. good through aol... thats all i've checked it through i could do it thru IE and firefox if it hasn't been edited yet...

RE: New theme! by Chrono on 06-03-2004 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Muss
i thought u used MsgPlus theme? :dodgy:

Nice new theme (Y) ill keep it, even though i dont like the links up there to msgplus.net :dodgy: not that ill ever use them :P
RE: RE: New theme! by Islander on 06-03-2004 at 01:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Nice job guys (Y) It looks more professional ;)

I'd like to see the text color in forumdisplay get darker though :) Instead of 376D95, 264A66 may look better with the background :)

I agree with this one, maybe even a little bit darker. Right now it's a bit hard to read.

Very nice theme :D

RE: New theme! by kao on 06-03-2004 at 01:55 PM

I woke up this morning (comp is always on) and i looked at firefox, refreshes to see any replies in the thread and the theme changed, and i thought ":o wtf?"

Then i figured it out :p

Looks v nice, will keep it :p

RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-03-2004 at 02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Although the quick access buttons don't fit anymore, IMO.
they do
IMO :@

I mean, that border looks kinda odd, as everything is so clean and borderless.
There is a new design for New Thread and Post Reply, but not for the quick action buttons... so wel...
w/e.

I'll try to do some if I feel moody later :P

RE: New theme! by wacky on 06-03-2004 at 02:26 PM

The theme is really nice. I got up, went on the forums and I was so surprised! It looked a little weird at first because I was so used to the old theme but after you get used to this one, it looks really nice. The colors might be a little pale but its smooth and not too hard for the eyes :happy: it really makes the forums different from the others now and it looks very proffessionaly made (if I can say it that way) :chrongue:

RE: New theme! by Choli on 06-03-2004 at 02:43 PM

quote:

IMO :@
calm down...
quote:

I mean, that border looks kinda odd, as everything is so clean and borderless.
There is a new design for New Thread and Post Reply, but not for the quick action buttons... so wel...
w/e.

Sorry, I thought that you meant that there wasn't enough room for the buttons (fit), not that they look diferent and so they don't "fit" :P :blah!:
RE: New theme! by Huuf on 06-03-2004 at 03:12 PM

I think the buttons and texts are shouting

HEY YOU QUICK REPLY NOW
If you don't click the RETURN TO TOP you'll be kicked
etc....

RE: New theme! by kao on 06-03-2004 at 03:33 PM

yeah it does look a little weird having it all in caps, shouldn't be like it really :undecided:

RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Huuf
I think the buttons and texts are shouting

HEY YOU QUICK REPLY NOW
If you don't click the RETURN TO TOP you'll be kicked
etc....
rofl :rofl:

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
yeah it does look a little weird having it all in caps, shouldn't be like it really :undecided:
It looks cool on the index, and places where the font size is smaller. Too bad it applies to so many things. Maybe I'll do some tweaking...
RE: New theme! by kao on 06-03-2004 at 03:50 PM

yeah its ok in some places, but its like, everywhere, the New thread and post reply buttons have it, QUICK REPLY to left of this box, NEXT OLDEST, NEXT NEWEST, RETURN TO TOP, the Thread subject is like it at the top, its everywhere! :undecided:

RE: New theme! by bmtaylor on 06-03-2004 at 04:03 PM

I'm keeping the new default theme.

Looks superb.  Well done guys.

RE: New theme! by .blade// on 06-03-2004 at 04:10 PM

I don't like the new theme....the plus! 2 theme is better

* .blade// switches his default theme to the plus! 2 theme :banana:

RE: New theme! by Maniac on 06-03-2004 at 04:46 PM

Interesting!

* Maniac likes it! (y)

RE: New theme! by kao on 06-03-2004 at 06:11 PM

Is it just me or do images wth transparent parts that are links have a line through them? :)

For example, The Blapshemer's signature has a StuffPlug image which has transparent background around the text and theres a line through it :p

RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 06:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kao
For example, The Blapshemer's signature has a StuffPlug image which has transparent background around the text and theres a line through it :p
I don't see it in Opera. Checking in IE... nope... the image isn't transparent there, but there's no line. :dodgy:
RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-03-2004 at 06:24 PM

Well. As I said I took some time doing a bunch of new quick actions buttons.

Well tell me if you like them.

However it will probably worthless so... :blah!:

Btw, most icons are taken from Plus! so it sticks to the theme ;)

RE: New theme! by Pr0xY on 06-03-2004 at 06:38 PM

I like the new look, but the bright color hurts my eyes to much. 

quote:
Originally posted by Muss
Yep, same here :P

RE: RE: New theme! by CookieRevised on 06-03-2004 at 06:56 PM

First of all, I must congratulate the people (Guido?) who created the new look... very nice and fresh (y)... and I love the matching-theme with the msgplus-site, it's like only now that we are 1 big site/forum :D...
but...

quote:
about the theme, i like it, however I'd like to suggest some thngs:
The background color is either white or blue. well, I'd like the blue be a lighter blue. Maybe one of these next ones, or a mix of them:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=256928]
I fully agree with this. The current blue/white realy hurts my eyes and the reading of a thread isn't as "fluent" as with the classic theme because the contrast is way too big between the blue and white. Before I saw this thread I already wanted to suggest what Choli suggested.
tbh, if it isn't going to be changed, I'm going to switch back to "classic". I know it sounds harsh, and I know how much work it took, but hey, you asked for opinions... :D

Also, another reason (although this could be seen as being picky). Some emoticons have some white pixels around them when you view them on the blue. Since I noticed it, I can't keep my eyes of it, so it's rather annoying :(

So may I suggest:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=257309]

So, although the current theme is nice and looks good, it isn't pleasant for the eyes to actual read threads ;)
RE: New theme! by musicalmidget on 06-03-2004 at 07:21 PM

I have to agree with Cookie (and others).  I really love the new theme, it's obviously taken a long time and looks very proffesional.  However, I think I lightler blue would definately be a good thing, and the lighter of the two blues suggested above is a great idea.  It fits the colour scheme, and it doesn't hurt the eyes. :)

Even so, well done to Guido for all of his hard work. (y)

RE: New theme! by Guido on 06-03-2004 at 07:23 PM

Thanks for everyone who likes the new theme and those who don't for their comments (though the last ones won't get a cookie :dodgy:)

We are working on making the colors more easy to the eyes (read: with less contrast between the alternate td colors). I don't think as light as your sshot though, cookie. I can't tell the difference between both colors, the blue is too light. Though I agree now it's too blue :P.

Anyway, don't worry, soon you'll be able to choose between blue (this one), orange, green and grayscale :) [given that wdz keeps his non-lazy working rythm]

Please don't just reject it now and forever, if you can't stand the bright colors be sure to try it again when the updates are done.

I like Keystorm's action buttons :), except for the font, but they are nice. Let's see what WDZ thinks about them.

And as for those who had a problem in firefox, works perfectly for me in Firefox, Mozilla, IE, Opera...

RE: New theme! by Shadows_death69 on 06-03-2004 at 07:28 PM

It's great thanks Guido :).

RE: New theme! by dom. on 06-03-2004 at 07:28 PM

Its amazing! I really do love it! It presents a much more professional look of the forums now, and im actually enjoying sitting here browsing threads! Well done Guido! Its so good!!

RE: New theme! by CookieRevised on 06-03-2004 at 07:33 PM

Works perfect in Netscape also...

Anyways, in the time you've posted I was making something different with the theme (read: I was fooling around), I kept the blue, but without alternating the colors in the posts itself... anyways, do what you want with it (it will be going to the recylce bin I think though :D) But I also found a very small glitch, which I just noticed (never noticed on the classic theme because of the "whiter" colors), and I showed this in the same pic, so, I'll post it anyways ;)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=257338]

PS: yeah, the blue I took in my first sshot is a bit too light, but I thought: "well, it's an extreme, better making it too light so Guido would make it a bit darker and thus perfect :D:D:D"

RE: New theme! by Choli on 06-03-2004 at 07:53 PM

quote:
As I said I took some time doing a bunch of new quick actions buttons.

Well tell me if you like them.
so instead of being studying your doing buttons in photoshop?? :blah!: I like them, but maybe other font will be perfect (as guido said)
quote:
Originally posted by Guido
given that wdz keeps his non-lazy working rythm
:lol:
quote:
We are working on making the colors more easy to the eyes (read: with less contrast between the alternate td colors).
that's a good idea (less contrast). And also er... something i'll tell you in messenger in spanish, 'cause is quite complex to explain in english :P (nothing important, tho; it's about gradients)
RE: New theme! by weirdal27 on 06-03-2004 at 08:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
Originally posted by Kao
I don't see it in Opera. Checking in IE... nope... the image isn't transparent there, but there's no line. :dodgy:
there is a line for me in firefox
it was there in the old theme too
RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 08:04 PM

quote:
blue (this one), orange, green and grayscale
Blah... 3 more? And I was hoping to be able to take a break soon... :'(

I think we're going to need new template sets for each one too... unless I find some clever solutions.

quote:
given that wdz keeps his non-lazy working rythm
Don't count on it. (a)

quote:
I like Keystorm's action buttons :), except for the font, but they are nice. Let's see what WDZ thinks about them.
Yeah, the font sucks. :p
RE: New theme! by Guido on 06-03-2004 at 08:11 PM

quote:
Blah... 3 more? And I was hoping to be able to take a break soon...

I think we're going to need new template sets for each one too... unless I find some clever solutions.
Why? as long as we leave the same action buttons and thread/reply images for all the themes, we only have to change the css (the top bar will stay this way, the same as in msgplus.net)
RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-03-2004 at 08:14 PM

quote:
Why? as long as we leave the same action buttons and thread/reply images for all the themes, we only have to change the css (the top bar will stay this way, the same as in msgplus.net)
Oh, OK. I figured you were planning to change more... (y)
RE: New theme! by lylesback2 on 06-03-2004 at 08:34 PM

looks alright guido... like the banner and the footer, from the site.. gives it a nice touch.  alot of the gardiers are pretty sweet.. but alot of blue... and my windows theme is BLUE too!

RE: New theme! by Pure_BY on 06-03-2004 at 09:49 PM

Really great, I was waiting for something like this long long time, and it's finally here :D

GFD did a great job once again :P (Y)

Because of the new skin, I also decided to update my avatar, hehe :D

RE: New theme! by Chrono on 06-03-2004 at 10:06 PM

wdz, u should really fix the statistics page :lol:

EDITED: Fixed? maybe was just this dodgy connection :dodgy:

RE: New theme! by lizard.boy on 06-03-2004 at 10:35 PM

i think that the haveing the links to msgplus.net is :dodgy: i think that the forums tools links (profile usercp..) should be used instead and that the messenger plus an extention by patchou should be changed so that there is only one header bar thinger. (put the last online and pm stuff above the links

RE: New theme! by Guido on 06-04-2004 at 02:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
i think that the haveing the links to msgplus.net is :dodgy: i think that the forums tools links (profile usercp..) should be used instead and that the messenger plus an extention by patchou should be changed so that there is only one header bar thinger. (put the last online and pm stuff above the links
*-) There is only one "header bar thinger". The forum links is a submenu of the current section, which coincidentally is the forum :P

It's intentional. Changing the top bar links to the forum ones would cause nothing but confusion when users jump from the forum to the site and viceversa. :-/
RE: New theme! by lopardo on 06-04-2004 at 02:49 AM

Are you gonna change the CAPS? It's the only thing I don't like (and the stuff Cookie said about the color), the rest is awesome :banana: :grin:

RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-04-2004 at 03:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
Are you gonna change the CAPS? It's the only thing I don't like
Yeah, I'm going to remove them completely for now... I might put them back, but only in places where they look good.
RE: New theme! by surfichris on 06-04-2004 at 03:06 AM

I liked the caps.. but yeah, i agree, only in some places...

« Next Oldest     Return to Top     Next Newest »

I thought that looked pretty good in caps, as well as headers like "Quick Reply".

As i told Guido on MSN, it looks excellent and he has done a great job.

(DZ: Debug info is back :banana:)

RE: New theme! by lopardo on 06-04-2004 at 03:23 AM

I agree with Chris :)

The "new thread" and "post reply" buttons should be changed...

RE: New theme! by Weyzza on 06-04-2004 at 06:12 AM

* Weyzza likes new theme, but he likes CookieRevised's color suggestion more :p

And the link to msgplus.net is awesome (Y)

RE: New theme! by Wabz on 06-04-2004 at 09:54 AM

* Wabz isn't too sure :S

I think it looks good but I just got used to the old one :D

RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-04-2004 at 11:37 AM

quote:
I like Keystorm's action buttons :), except for the font, but they are nice.
Let's try another one...
quote:
so instead of being studying your doing buttons in photoshop?? :blah!:I like them, but maybe other font will be perfect (as guido said)
Studying? Sorry? I don't know what you mean with studying :rolleyes:, for what? :refuck:
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Yeah, the font sucks. :P
Yeah... got the message :dodgy:

This time I tried it with Trebutchet, not so fat and chunky as Verdana.
And improved the contrast of some icons a bit.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=257956]
[click to enlarge]

PS: I didn't bother to copy them to the above line this time.

If you want to see it on the darker color take a look at the first version.

Edit: Their sizes are about a half of the current buttons.
RE: New theme! by surfichris on 06-04-2004 at 11:47 AM

Blah, send the PSD my way and i will see what i can do about a font? :p

RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-04-2004 at 11:59 AM

There... :dodgy:

Didn't I say I was bad at designing? :refuck:

RE: New theme! by Pure_BY on 06-04-2004 at 12:02 PM

KeyStorm, looks very nice (Y)

RE: New theme! by jren207 on 06-04-2004 at 01:06 PM

I dunno if someone already said about this but there are too many pages to look through, lol :S

You know the top bar. If it was flash like the actual messenger plus! would it take longer to load the page. It would be cool if the top bar was flash like the site :P

RE: New theme! by Choli on 06-04-2004 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
If it was flash like the actual messenger plus! would it take longer to load the page. It would be cool if the top bar was flash like the site
nah, as you said it'd take too much time to load... It could be an animated gif, but nothing more.
RE: New theme! by surfichris on 06-04-2004 at 01:59 PM

quote:
Didn't I say I was bad at designing?

No you didnt and no you aren't.

Text for buttons like this is always the worst part of designing them. The text has to be small, clear, fit on and suit the style.

How about this? (Will be recoloured) Its for a MyBB Skin I am working on.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=258046]
RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-04-2004 at 02:05 PM

hm! looks good (Y)
Btw, where do you get those icons?

Ahm... And I am! I can't design from myself, but I can copy, remake or follow certain existing designs, like my songtracker, the stickers, or these buttons.

RE: New theme! by surfichris on 06-04-2004 at 02:11 PM

The icons i will be using for that set and the default mybb ones are from the Crystal icon set by Everaldo.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=258053]

RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-04-2004 at 02:28 PM

But are they free? Or must you ask for permission?

RE: New theme! by Smethead on 06-04-2004 at 04:03 PM

well, i found this little bug in the new theme
Shouldn't the blue butto, be a dark plus! logo?
[Image: attachment.php?pid=258127]

RE: New theme! by Guido on 06-04-2004 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Boulton
How about this?
[Image: attachment.php?pid=258046]
(Y)
quote:
nah, as you said it'd take too much time to load... It could be an animated gif, but nothing more.
Actually, it would take much less to load. Though, if you have many forum pages open it could slow down your computer.

quote:
The "new thread" and "post reply" buttons should be changed...
Maybe if you did some specific comment about what you don't like?

RE: New theme! by lopardo on 06-04-2004 at 05:23 PM

I don't like the font... :refuck: ;)

RE: New theme! by musicalmidget on 06-04-2004 at 05:47 PM

quote:
I don't like the font... :refuck: ;)

What's wrong with it?  :-/

I think it suits the buttons quite well. :p
RE: New theme! by lopardo on 06-04-2004 at 05:50 PM

Maybe to plain or too black?

RE: New theme! by musicalmidget on 06-04-2004 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Maybe to plain or too black?

I can't tell whether it's black or a very dark blue. :lol:
RE: New theme! by Guido on 06-04-2004 at 06:55 PM

It's black O_o

Anyway, the font used is the one used all over the msgplus brand, so the only modification we could make is making it lowercase, or not. I like it :-/

RE: New theme! by musicalmidget on 06-05-2004 at 12:08 AM

quote:
It's black O_o

Yeah, but my eyes are weird. :p

quote:
Anyway, the font used is the one used all over the msgplus brand, so the only modification we could make is making it lowercase, or not. I like it :-/

I like it too.  The buttons are one of the places that I think caps look good. :)
RE: New theme! by Pure_BY on 06-05-2004 at 10:08 AM

Although Chris Boulton's buttons look also very nice, I like KeyStorm's ones much more, because they fit MsgPlus theme much better (Y)

RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-05-2004 at 10:19 AM

Chris' are for MyBB, not for WDZBB :grin:

I like mine, too. Now they are in hands of whoever wants to do something with them (Chris, and someone else, maybe GFD).

* KeyStorm gets back under the keyboard

RE: New theme! by Pure_BY on 06-05-2004 at 10:24 AM

Aha i c now! :)

Yep, hope to see 'em on MsgPlus Forums asap :P (Y)

RE: New theme! by surfichris on 06-05-2004 at 10:55 AM

Oi! :p They are for here if you guys want them to be..

[Image: attachment.php?pid=258630]

RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-05-2004 at 11:16 AM

quote:
(1.5 KB)
In that case thay are a bit too heavy, imo.
RE: New theme! by surfichris on 06-05-2004 at 11:17 AM

The file size? Its just the crappy export in Photoshop.. not optomized yet :P

By the way, the current ones: 1.39 KB (1423 bytes)

RE: New theme! by Pure_BY on 06-05-2004 at 11:25 AM

Hmm i lost the point again... The button you juse posted IS for MsgPlus! Forums, right?? O_o

Looks very nice (Y)

RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-05-2004 at 11:32 AM

They're ok, but I don't like the rounded edge, since the wnole design is rather hard-edged and squared.
And the size is still not really the best, mine are 0.65KiB. SInce the overall design looks like it is heavier than before we should try to save in size anywhere we can.

RE: New theme! by Pure_BY on 06-05-2004 at 12:31 PM

Yes, I agree with you. Btw, shoutbox.menthix.net is SLOW AS FUCK nowadays... It takes like 10 seconds to show the current Edit | quote | report, etc. buttons, and if I wanna edit post or add a reply, I got to wait like for 30~40 seconds for page to show up... So... smaller size on this board is rather important :P

RE: New theme! by fluffy_lobster on 06-05-2004 at 04:39 PM

Just got back from a holiday so only just seen the theme, and this thread.

My opinion on the theme: it's not great.  With all due respect to Guido who is a fantastic designer, there's something just not quite right about it... partly to do with the fact that it's just very blue and partly because the combination of colours makes some bits hard on the eyes - not drastically so but when you're using it a lot it's harder to take for granted.  I think part of it may be that the link colour seems to have not changed... I think making that a more contrasting colour would do a lot of good.  On the whole it's a very good looking design though, don't get me wrong.

By the way, a few pages like /images/, /images/smileys/ and 404.php need updating to the new theme.

RE: New theme! by lylesback2 on 06-05-2004 at 10:01 PM

boards are uglier then ever :)

RE: New theme! by lopardo on 06-06-2004 at 12:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
boards are uglier then ever
Then switch back to the old theme :refuck:

I like it, I just need to get used to it.
RE: New theme! by lylesback2 on 06-06-2004 at 12:58 AM

quote:
I like it, I just need to get used to it.
ya same.. thats why i kept it... had to get use to the old ones as well... but it matches the site
RE: New theme! by WDZ on 06-06-2004 at 04:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by fluffy_lobster
By the way, a few pages like /images/, /images/smileys/ and 404.php need updating to the new theme.
They're fine... I'm not changing them. They were never meant to be matched to the board theme anyway... ^o)
RE: New theme! by surfichris on 06-06-2004 at 04:25 AM

Right, so what images are we gonna use?:-/

RE: New theme! by Tochjo on 06-06-2004 at 01:05 PM

It's going to take some getting used to, but I like it (Y)
Great job everyone :)

Chris: I like your images better than the ones we have now; if you want to create a totally new MP! 3 look, change those buttons too :)

RE: New theme! by Pure_BY on 06-06-2004 at 01:13 PM

quote:
Right, so what images are we gonna use?:-/
I like KeyStorm's ones the most! Small, small in size, fit the theme, indeed not round-shaped, it's very clear what which button is meant to do even without reading the text... Only he must do something about the e-mail icon, it looks real bad (N)

For the rest, I love his icons set (Y)
RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-06-2004 at 01:28 PM

Youp, thanks. I still have to find a better font and improve some things, keep posting suggestions, Shady Pure_BY.

I can't actually judge upon mine so accurately as other would. ;)

And thanks for the thumbs-up (Y)

RE: New theme! by jameseuk on 06-09-2004 at 12:49 PM

I like it and havent got a problem with it,dont get rid of it!

It would be nice to have a selection of themes on the website and the forums,maybe 1 for each season?, the new blue one reminds me of winter.

Keep up the good work:):D;)8-|:o)

RE: New theme! by Choli on 06-09-2004 at 04:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jameseuk
It would be nice to have a selection of themes on the website and the forums,
You can select a theme here, in the forums. Go to http://shoutbox.menthix.net/usercp.php?action=options scroll down and select the theme you like more ;)
RE: New theme! by Pure_BY on 06-09-2004 at 04:33 PM

So, when are we gettin' new buttons!!???

RE: New theme! by KeyStorm on 06-09-2004 at 05:48 PM

Btw, can someone give me some advice to improve the font? I'd really appreciate it.