Shoutbox

Plus! for Smartphone? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Plus! for Smartphone? (/showthread.php?tid=26612)

Plus! for Smartphone? by Animefan on 06-03-2004 at 06:48 AM

I wonder if its possible? 8-)

I got a Smartphone and surely you can develop programs for it, but I am not sure if you make Plus!... :^)

Will Patchou give it a go? :D

There is also a lot Pocket PC that have MSN Messenger? :)

RE: Plus! for Smartphone? by ZrednaZ on 06-03-2004 at 08:03 AM

I'd like to just be able to log on to Messenger via my cell phone.

How do you do that, Animefan? Is there some kind of cool cell phone java application? The only thing I'm aware of is the WAP-Messenger @ www.e-messenger.net (haven't tried it out).

RE: Plus! for Smartphone? by Anubis on 06-03-2004 at 08:17 AM

In some ways hooking into the smartphone will be similar to hooking into Windows...I don't know if the smartphone accepts the same API codes as a traditional Windows OS...it is indeed an area to look in to...

RE: RE: Plus! for Smartphone? by Animefan on 06-03-2004 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ZrednaZ
I'd like to just be able to log on to Messenger via my cell phone.

How do you do that, Animefan? Is there some kind of cool cell phone java application? The only thing I'm aware of is the WAP-Messenger @ www.e-messenger.net (haven't tried it out).

It is built in on the Smartphone :)
It is a mobile with Windows, Internet Explorer, WIndows Media Player and MSN MESSENGER! :D

Its just like a real computer!! ;)

SPV E200

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
In some ways hooking into the smartphone will be similar to hooking into Windows...I don't know if the smartphone accepts the same API codes as a traditional Windows OS...it is indeed an area to look in to...

Hope someone will
It would be AWESOME with Msg Plus! on my SPV!! :D

One of the key features should be:
SMILIES!! (cause there is NO smilies in the MSN Messenger on the SPV! :()
:):D:P;):(
RE: Plus! for Smartphone? by ZrednaZ on 06-05-2004 at 06:52 PM

But aren't there any MSN Messenger applications for any Java compatible phone like the Sony Ericsson Z600? Cuz I'm getting one next week. :) Of course I could just use the e-messenger.net WAP thing to connect, but it kinda sucks in the long run. ;)

RE: Plus! for Smartphone? by Animefan on 06-06-2004 at 04:04 PM

quote:
But aren't there any MSN Messenger applications for any Java compatible phone like the Sony Ericsson Z600? Cuz I'm getting one next week. :) Of course I could just use the e-messenger.net WAP thing to connect, but it kinda sucks in the long run. ;)

I hate Java and only use REAL APPLICATIONS and not Java stuff. :P
I dislike java so I cant answer you if something fake MSN for java exists. Sorry
RE: RE: Plus! for Smartphone? by ipab on 06-06-2004 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animefan
quote:

I hate Java and only use REAL APPLICATIONS and not Java stuff. :P
I dislike java so I cant answer you if something fake MSN for java exists. Sorry

i beg to diagree java is a realli good cross-platform language that can be used for wrinting just about anything, the clones if done right are the exact same as the real programs (even the look and the feel), this applies not just for programs but for games too (i wouldn't be surprised of an os written completely springs up too).

there are a lot of realli good clones for msn messenger written in java on the internet, i think u should look into it ;)(Y)
RE: Plus! for Smartphone? by Animefan on 06-06-2004 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ipab Atokanniv
i beg to diagree java is a realli good cross-platform language that can be used for wrinting just about anything, the clones if done right are the exact same as the real programs (even the look and the feel), this applies not just for programs but for games too (i wouldn't be surprised of an os written completely springs up too).

there are a lot of realli good clones for msn messenger written in java on the internet, i think u should look into it ;)(Y)

No thanks, I use real programs, not lookalikes :)
RE: Plus! for Smartphone? by ZrednaZ on 06-08-2004 at 01:48 PM

I've decided to buy a Smartphone with Symbian OS to be able to use Agile Messenger on the go. ;) A Nokia 3660 actually, it seems pretty cool (very PDA-like) and yet it's $50 cheaper than the 6600 which would be my alternative. :grin: