Shoutbox

Toolbar Plug-In Request - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Toolbar Plug-In Request (/showthread.php?tid=26633)

Toolbar Plug-In Request by Archer on 06-03-2004 at 03:41 PM

Would it be possible for anybody to make an edit to the MSN interface so that you are able to click on the B I and U buttons like in word, rather than selecting it from the Special Text menu, as it's a pretty annoying thing to have to keep going into it.  Here's a picture of the kind of thing I'd like.

[Image: Toolbar.jpg]

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by saralk on 06-03-2004 at 04:32 PM

it wouldnt b very good cos if someone made the screen really small, it would become really dodgy

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by Archer on 06-03-2004 at 04:33 PM

Well I think the advantages far outweigh that.

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by Phrive on 06-03-2004 at 04:36 PM

true! seems like a brilliant idea maybe it should be in Plus1 rather than a plugin, but what do i know lol
p.s it could go dodgy in handwrting when u press convert, becuave theres already alot there

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by Maniac on 06-03-2004 at 04:48 PM

What does "convert" in the handrwriting do anyways?

And yeah i think this should be implemented in Plus! would be a nice feature

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by saralk on 06-03-2004 at 04:54 PM

if u have a tablet pc and u use the convert tab it converts ur handwriting into proper text.

but it might be better if there was a button u can press to bring up that panel

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by Sk3tch on 06-03-2004 at 04:58 PM

I think if you search the forum, you'll find this has been requested before when everyone was told about this new feature and Patchou consequently said no, due to the fact he didn’t think it would be appropriate. Also for people with the HandWriting plugin, this would cause some problems with the layout, unless this was also taken care of. I personally wouldn’t mind.. but its just as easy to type Ctrl + R

quote:
Originally posted by Archer
Well I think the advantages far outweigh that.
Well.. actually not really. As much as i like the idea, i don't think the advantages far outweigh it. This toolbar idea of the current feature is good but only in the view of convenience, and Ctrl + R doesn't really sound like such a task that would prove to be of any inconvenience.

Other then that, would be nice to see what people come up with, either with a plugin design or anything..
quote:
It transforms any 'hand written' words/sentences into typing words. If you have a pen, and scribble hello.. it will transform to "hello" in text so you can send it. You will need a special .dll for this if your not on a tablet pc
RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by lhunath on 06-03-2004 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by VGProManiac

It only works on Tablet PC's, it's to convert drawn text into typed text.. Kind of like OCR I suppose.
RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by Millenium_edition on 06-03-2004 at 05:10 PM

how about to put it next to block etc?

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by Sk3tch on 06-03-2004 at 05:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lhunath
quote:
Originally posted by VGProManiac

It only works on Tablet PC's, it's to convert drawn text into typed text.. Kind of like OCR I suppose.
Unless you get the dll from Microsoft's Tablet PC Recogniser Pack  :)

More Info: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=24951&page=1
RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by CookieRevised on 06-03-2004 at 08:14 PM

* The Handwriting plugin shouldn't be a problem because Plus! will only show it's icon, and thus also the text formatting bar, in the normal "typing"-tab...

* If this is added (in plus, not in a plugin!), I'm sure you can turn it on or off... (for those who want a smaller screen)

* Placing it near the "block" buttons is very inlogic. Those buttons are meant for general things about/with/from the contact. The logic location for text formatting is in the "formatting bar", and that's the bar where the plus icon is, or as shown in Archer's example...

* btw, I'll support the idea...

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by dotNorma on 06-03-2004 at 08:20 PM

It is a very good idea , I like it alot.  But don't expect it as a plug-in , it is very hard to simulate. Although it is really easy to just put an icon on the window the hard part is putting the button in the right place no matter what the size of the window is and all that. It would be better as a Plus! Feature anyway.

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by Guido on 06-03-2004 at 08:27 PM

Yeah, would be great if could be done (directly in Plus, of course, impossible in a plugin), but I doubt it's easy at all.

RE: Toolbar Plug-In Request by Archer on 06-04-2004 at 01:01 PM

Ok then, could somebody move this to the appropriate forum so it will get Patchou's attention?