Shoutbox

Switch nicknames... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Switch nicknames... (/showthread.php?tid=26642)

Switch nicknames... by riahc3 on 06-03-2004 at 05:25 PM

i remember the MySweetNix! was a great side program that could change ur nick in a second. Is there any programs like this anymore or a plugin???

RE: Switch nicknames... by Vilkku on 06-03-2004 at 05:32 PM

Tupe /nick [insert the nick you want here] in a convo.

RE: Switch nicknames... by riahc3 on 06-05-2004 at 08:40 AM

ok maybe i didnt express myself correctly sorry

example

(current nick) hey
(after 1 second changes to) hey whats up
(after another second changes to) im doing fine
(after another second changes to) 123
(after another second changes to the original current nick again) hey

MySweetNix! use to do this but it doesnt work anymore. Anyone know any programs or plugins?

RE: Switch nicknames... by Phrive on 06-05-2004 at 08:43 AM

dimension makes ur nick name move so it would kinda haev the same affect not what u asked for but it would probably look the same?

RE: Switch nicknames... by riahc3 on 06-05-2004 at 02:16 PM

ok my expressions r wrong then lol first off

1: Do u know the MySweetNix! program im talking about?

2: This is to change my nick in a second without any user action with predifined nicks. Whats would be my frist nick then UP would become my new nick aftrer a second and i would loop it all up and it be all the time changing between Whats and Up

RE: Switch nicknames... by illuzn on 06-05-2004 at 03:20 PM

hrm.... could be done fairly easily with a plugin although i take it you don't know much about programming...... heres an idea for msgplus! how about implementing a macro system

RE: Switch nicknames... by Phrive on 06-05-2004 at 03:46 PM

so what u mean it ur 1 ur friend is 2
1.hello says:
boo
2.two says:
arr
1How r u says:
etc..
so every time u tlk ur nae will be different am i rite?

RE: Switch nicknames... by Sk3tch on 06-05-2004 at 03:52 PM

riahc3, you can already do this with Plus! :)  Just make a new quick text as follows:

/nick Hey
#/nick hey what’s up
#/nick I’m doing fine
#/nick 123
#/nick hey

Just modify this to how you wish, and once activated it will change your name over as follows until its complete ;)

RE: Switch nicknames... by saralk on 06-05-2004 at 05:10 PM

isnt the timer delay thing 1# or #1?

if thats the case than he can do this:

/nick whats
#1/nick up?
#1/changenick

if he called the quicktext /changenick than it would do an infinate loop!

RE: Switch nicknames... by Sk3tch on 06-05-2004 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
isnt the timer delay thing 1# or #1?

if thats the case than he can do this:

/nick whats
#1/nick up?
#1/changenick
Yes if you would like a bigger time delay then you can yse #1#

Eg. #1#/nick hey

But #/nick hey would work just the same.
quote:
Originally posted by saralk
if he called the quicktext /changenick than it would do an infinate loop!
Yes. But you would only get the loop if you put the '/command' name at the end of the quick text data. So:

/nick hello
#/nick hello
#/nick hello
#/nickname

and the quick text was /nickname, then it would loop.
RE: Switch nicknames... by EvilSeph on 06-05-2004 at 07:15 PM

Messenger Plus! is a professional addition to MSN Messenger, please don't make it a spammers toy or a lamers tool box =\...

If you want to add any of this, I believe you should make a seperate program. I think it's time for Patchou to filter out all the annoyance plugins...

RE: RE: Switch nicknames... by Vantage on 06-05-2004 at 07:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
Messenger Plus! is a professional addition to MSN Messenger, please don't make it a spammers toy or a lamers tool box =\...

If you want to add any of this, I believe you should make a seperate program. I think it's time for Patchou to filter out all the annoyance plugins...

I agree with Evilseph, Keep it just  Plus!
RE: Switch nicknames... by riahc3 on 06-06-2004 at 08:30 AM

its not to annoy. i mainly want this just to show lyrics and stuff. worked great with MySweetNix! noone complained because it changed and didnt lag.

so lets say i wanna change it to "how r u doing im doing fine thank you" but in different parts example:

how r u says:
hey

(second later)

doing im doing fine says:
hey??

(second later)

thank you says:
are you there??

some of you say that this is already possible in Plus! but i didnt quite understand the instructions so if someone could reexplain please.

RE: Switch nicknames... by saralk on 06-06-2004 at 02:42 PM

ok, I just set that up and it worked for a while, but then i got loads of error messages and it crashed my msn

RE: Switch nicknames... by crank on 06-06-2004 at 03:27 PM

Posseidon is trying to make a plug for that I think.
Check over here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=26760
He's stuck or something tough...

RE: Switch nicknames... by EvilSeph on 06-06-2004 at 06:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc3
its not to annoy. i mainly want this just to show lyrics and stuff. worked great with MySweetNix! noone complained because it changed and didnt lag.

so lets say i wanna change it to "how r u doing im doing fine thank you" but in different parts example:

how r u says:
hey

(second later)

hey??

(second later)

thank you says:
are you there??

some of you say that this is already possible in Plus! but i didnt quite understand the instructions so if someone could reexplain please.

It does annoy people, it flashes your contact list every bloody time you change your name. Apart from that, people that are using Messenger Plus! to it's full extent will get flooded with popups, as it notifies you when people change their nicks. Furthermore, Microsoft has set a limit as to how many time you can change your name within a set amount of time.
RE: Switch nicknames... by riahc3 on 06-06-2004 at 07:36 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by riahc3

how r u says:
hey

(second later)

hey??

(second later)

thank you says:
are you there??

It does annoy people, it flashes your contact list every bloody time you change your name. Apart from that, people that are using Messenger Plus! to it's full extent will get flooded with popups, as it notifies you when people change their nicks. Furthermore, Microsoft has set a limit as to how many time you can change your name within a set amount of time.

Ok if they're using the change name thing thats not exactly my problem....and since when does when someone changes their name it flashes the contact list?? something wrong wit your MSN then because never happens here
RE: Switch nicknames... by EvilSeph on 06-06-2004 at 08:39 PM

Well then, it's not exactly our problem if you want to constantly annoy your contacts with nickname changes :)?

RE: Switch nicknames... by (CyBeRDuDe) on 06-06-2004 at 09:53 PM

I'm doing this at the moment... my first test plugin.. :D.. just testing some stuff... and I've made my plugin do scrolling nicks... :D... and the next thing i'm adding is to change nickname from a text file... to do the exact same thing as U want it to.. to show lyrics from songs... and other stuff..
I'm currently using the #6# pause to do it... it has to be at least 6, coz a limitation in MSN is that U can max change ur nick 10 times a minut... so...

Now my problem is that I want to have more power over my plugin.. so I'm trying to add some API at the moment... I might release this on this forum when I have completed this plugin...

RE: Switch nicknames... by riahc3 on 06-07-2004 at 03:22 PM

quote:
Well then, it's not exactly our problem if you want to constantly annoy your contacts with nickname changes :)?

Im not gonna get into a argument but i dont see how i would personally be annoyed if im talking to someone and his nickname changes every second. But everyone has their point of view...

quote:
I'm doing this at the moment... my first test plugin.. .. just testing some stuff... and I've made my plugin do scrolling nicks... ... and the next thing i'm adding is to change nickname from a text file... to do the exact same thing as U want it to.. to show lyrics from songs... and other stuff..
I'm currently using the #6# pause to do it... it has to be at least 6, coz a limitation in MSN is that U can max change ur nick 10 times a minut... so...

Now my problem is that I want to have more power over my plugin.. so I'm trying to add some API at the moment... I might release this on this forum when I have completed this plugin... 

Sounds nice! Even though its not finished you might wanna make a thread for improvments, help, and just a nice buzz
RE: Switch nicknames... by rompom7 on 07-27-2004 at 12:44 PM

Cyberdude, how is it coming along?

I agree with riahc3