Shoutbox

suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff (/showthread.php?tid=26649)

suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by AlBaTaR on 06-03-2004 at 05:59 PM

hi
Maybe that features already exists on Messenger plus! ( then i'm blind ) or with a plug-in ( then i'm ignorant )... when someone talks to you and says a particular expression ( for instance : "hello" ) a script makes you automatically reply by another one ( like "yo dude wazzzaaaa ?!" ), and also make it work for emoticons ( no example for that huhu )
Thanks for reading me =)

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by Phrive on 06-04-2004 at 10:06 AM

i think it is possible to do it in away commands but i think thats it? maybe im wrong sound like a gd feature tho!

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by Choli on 06-04-2004 at 10:10 AM

you can have an auto message like this:

Hello
#yo dude wazzzaaaa ?!
#etc...

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by Sk3tch on 06-04-2004 at 10:21 AM

Yea i think he wants a to auto reply with a message according to the message he received. Like if someone said "hey" it would say "hey there", or "sup?" and "Nothing much..." ect :P

This isn't possible with Plus!, but it has been discussed and requested on the forums before..

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by AlBaTaR on 06-04-2004 at 10:39 AM

_-PhRiVe-_ and Choli : yeah i know about those away commands with auto-message ( like when you type "/away don't bother i'm dead" ), but I meant what Sk3tch understood, a reply specific to a specific word or expression and working when you're online too =)
Sk3tch that's why i bother you with my posts, to make it a new feature in plus! =)
Should be possible to implement that since word filter is already there ,and replace the filtering command by a /say command thingie ( mirc users will understand ).
Thx for your replies dudes, hope it will be implemented soon ^^

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by matty on 06-04-2004 at 10:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AlBaTaR
hi
Maybe that features already exists on MSN plus! ( then i'm blind ) or with a plug-in ( then i'm ignorant )... when someone talks to you and says a particular expression ( for instance : "hello" ) a script makes you automatically reply by another one ( like "yo dude wazzzaaaa ?!" ), and also make it work for emoticons ( no example for that huhu )
Thanks for reading me =)

Please correct your post as MSN Plus! Is a piece of software made by Microsoft to enhance windows and Messenger Plus! is the addon for MSN Messenger made by Patchou. Just for copyright issues

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by AlBaTaR on 06-04-2004 at 11:04 AM

Done Matty
my bad =)

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by Phrive on 06-04-2004 at 11:05 AM

i was just thinkin about this heres and example: you are contact 1
contact 1: hi
friend: hi
friend says hi back and the auto message would say hi back to them agen

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by AlBaTaR on 06-04-2004 at 11:11 AM

Yeah that's a possible example _-PhRiVe-_
you're example just made me think about the possible loops that can make, if contact 1 and friend have the same auto-reply stuff enabled ^^

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by Phrive on 06-04-2004 at 11:13 AM

i think that you have to make it only work if it is the first thing that is sed, or something along them lines im not really sure if it possible

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by AlBaTaR on 06-04-2004 at 11:37 AM

yeah _-PhRiVe-_ or put a delay between auto-replies...
just need to be done hehe

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by rompom7 on 06-05-2004 at 03:26 AM

MSN Plus! isnt software made by Microsoft. Your thinking of Microsoft Plus! a program used to change the themes of Windows. But still the issue of copyright still stands as Microsoft own the MSN network.

Just call it MP!3 or MP! or Plus! or MsgPlus!

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by Mushroom_Man on 06-05-2004 at 11:41 AM

Ah, but MSN Plus is made by Microsoft - just not for Windows :P

RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by Anubis on 06-05-2004 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rompom7
MSN Plus! isnt software made by Microsoft
Hum...yes it is...MSN Plus! is a premium service that MSN offer...
quote:
Originally posted by rompom7
Your thinking of Microsoft Plus! a program used to change the themes of Windows.
No, whenever we correct someone who calls Messenger Plus "MSN Plus" we are not getting mistaken with Microsoft Plus! as that is a program that has nothing to do with Instant Messaging in any way...
RE: suggestion for future version : auto-reply stuff by ipab on 06-07-2004 at 06:27 AM

i was wondering the same thing for sum time, is it possible to make an auto responder sort of thing like the /biensur or /yeahright commands

w00t my 50th post :D :P