Shoutbox

what program to download music do you use? or you have it? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? (/showthread.php?tid=26680)

what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Pinchichuv on 06-04-2004 at 04:01 AM

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by RebelSean on 06-04-2004 at 04:06 AM

I use Kazza (spyware free lol)

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by ipab on 06-04-2004 at 04:09 AM

bit torrent, kazaa lite, soulseek :D :p

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by whcodered on 06-04-2004 at 04:21 AM

For full albums i usually use Bittorrent, and for songs i use WinMX.. actually i rarely download anyway, but when i do, i use those

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by illuzn on 06-04-2004 at 04:23 AM

Well I use kazaa lite k++ 2.4.3 to download single songs and bittornado (mod of bittorrent) with the help of suprnova.org for full albums or mirc for rare stuff

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by st0rm on 06-04-2004 at 06:08 AM

i use limewire for songz, and irc spy for full albums

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by lhunath on 06-04-2004 at 06:10 AM

SoulSeek (y)
Kazaa for pop.. :dodgy:

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by rich0 on 06-04-2004 at 06:32 AM

Ares for songs, BT for albums
all legal of course ;)

BTW if you don't know Ares, check it out its amazing.  Though run Spybot after as it has a little piece of spyware, but is easily removed.

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Eljay on 06-04-2004 at 07:08 AM

I use k-lite resurection, WIN MX, Bit Torrent Experimental, and i am just downloading Ares now.
I will edit when i have tested it (after spyware removal[Image: msn_wink.gif]

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by ayjay on 06-04-2004 at 07:16 AM

Can someone give me a link to Bittorrent, I can't find it. I use Kazaa Lite K++ and it annoys me when I want a full album because I have to download all the separate songs.

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Eljay on 06-04-2004 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rich0

BTW if you don't know Ares, check it out its amazing.  Though run Spybot after as it has a little piece of spyware, but is easily removed.
there is only a toolbar in your browser if you choose to install NavHelper during installation
the link for bittorrent is here
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html
RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by ayjay on 06-04-2004 at 07:33 AM

Thanks

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Pipish on 06-04-2004 at 09:22 AM

i just uses ares i used to use kaza to download movies

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by wacky on 06-04-2004 at 09:59 AM

used to use k-lite but get screwwy songs so now I use WinMX but I dont often find all the songs I want. um.. for full albums, I use suprnova.org :happy:

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Weyzza on 06-04-2004 at 10:06 AM

I used WinMX but not anymore since... you know what :p
I am a coward.

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Maniac on 06-04-2004 at 10:24 AM

Is it just me or does suprnova.org not load up correctly on FireFox?

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by bach_m on 06-04-2004 at 10:51 AM

emule .42g

RE: RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Pinball on 06-04-2004 at 11:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by deej
Can someone give me a link to Bittorrent, I can't find it. I use Kazaa Lite K++ and it annoys me when I want a full album because I have to download all the separate songs.

Here's the official site. I downloaded the original client and it didn't work, so I use BT Shad0w's Experimental instead, which is better than BT because it allows you to pause the downloads. You can download more Bit Torrent clients (ie, ABC, Azureus) here.

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by matty on 06-04-2004 at 11:20 AM

I can use any, its all legal in Canada :)

Kazaa Lite and MP3 Sites

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Sunshine on 06-04-2004 at 11:43 AM

WinMX (Y)

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by sparkymcg on 06-04-2004 at 03:26 PM

i use bittorrent to download albums and kazaa with khack to download singles http://www.khack.com/  theres the link to download khack its gr8 and i advise ppl to get it

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Smethead on 06-04-2004 at 03:57 PM

I use Kazaa Lite Resurrection, Azureus and Overnet

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by dotNorma on 06-04-2004 at 04:26 PM

WinMX (y)

Abit harder interface then kazaa but great once you get used to it :grin:

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Garndell on 06-05-2004 at 08:55 AM

Ares, Shareaza, BitTornado & IM Programs from mates.

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by illuzn on 06-05-2004 at 02:36 PM

Slightly off topic.. but are any of you having problems using kazaa lately... all i can turn up in kazaa is a bunch of phony/buzzing/erroneous music

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by sparkymcg on 06-05-2004 at 05:15 PM

r u talking about corrupt mp3 files that make that horrible noise
get khack www.khack.com it can detect while your downloading if files are corrupt

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by paperless on 06-06-2004 at 11:31 AM

Hell you canadians are so lucky.. well i don't know if here is legal but..i doubt it..
I use azureus (a BTorrent client)

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by toddy on 06-09-2004 at 10:42 PM

kazaa lite, bittorrent & emule

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by martin on 06-09-2004 at 11:37 PM

me use limewire and kazaa lite resurrection. but this bittorrent is sounding interesting, wut is the best version/"client" to gots

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by Varish on 06-10-2004 at 03:22 AM

Shareaza, i never knew it was so good.

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by toddy on 06-10-2004 at 01:13 PM

http://www.suprnova.org/ is a good site to get bittorrent files

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by lizard.boy on 06-12-2004 at 02:55 AM

kazaa light 4.3 and mIRC

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by ^Snog on 06-12-2004 at 04:48 AM

IRC of course and downloading from FTP/Fserve/XDCC etc... Kazza sucks arse ( no offence to those who use it ) same for Win MX and bearshare, of course IRC best way :P

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by BiZaRrE on 06-12-2004 at 06:00 AM

well i use iMesh every now and then to download some stuff....cos my dad is really strict about the whole illegal downloading thing, so i try to do uit when he aint there.:S, but u didn't need know that:P

RE: what program to download music do you use? or you have it? by frankiedaman on 06-13-2004 at 08:22 PM

i normally use DC++ for music, but sometimes i will use WinMX or Shareaza. I use Bittornado (the experimental bittorrent client) for unlicensed anime fansubs on anime sites and dc++ for other videos.

About iMesh, my friend tried it once and it really screwed his pc up and I would never touch kazaa (the original) (i don't want spyware on my pc)