Shoutbox

Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm (/showthread.php?tid=26686)

Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm by Weyzza on 06-04-2004 at 06:24 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I don't find any forum that fits this problem best :p.

In ZoneAlarm 5.0.590.015, the Plus! icon's transparency is quite messed up.
It looks similar with the old Plus! favicon in www.msgplus.net.
Can it be fixed?
[Image: attachment.php?pid=257820]

RE: Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm by Choli on 06-04-2004 at 10:02 AM

I've been checking the icons of Plus, and they look good, no transparency out of order :P Does that happen with other programs with transparent icons too?

RE: Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm by Patchou on 06-04-2004 at 05:13 PM

This just means ZoneAlarm is not capable of loading 32 bit icons properly.. what a shame.

RE: Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm by TheDude on 06-04-2004 at 05:51 PM

Hmmmnn, Plus doesn't appear on my ZA because it never seems to ask for internet access. How strange.

RE: Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm by Anubis on 06-04-2004 at 05:56 PM

As far as I know Plus! doesn't need internet access since it only hooks into MSN Messenger...I've never had it connect to the internet...
Unless it's some type of thing to do with reporting who's installed the sponsor program...

RE: Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm by musicalmidget on 06-04-2004 at 06:12 PM

[First part of message removed - thought I was replying to a different thread] :lol:

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
As far as I know Plus! doesn't need internet access since it only hooks into MSN Messenger...I've never had it connect to the internet...

What about update notifications?  Don't they come from via the internet? :tongue:
RE: Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm by saralk on 06-04-2004 at 07:39 PM

the only time it asks for access to the internet is to download a tiny file which has the latest version, it compares that with the version of the software installed and tells u that there is a new version available.

RE: Plus! icon in ZoneAlarm by jren207 on 06-04-2004 at 08:42 PM

When I was updating my display adapter, it changed to 16bit colours when I unistalled the old one and things like the msn icon and norton anti-virus icon in the tray even go wierd lol.

Even with Norton Personal Firewall, it only alerts you about msn connecting to internet. (Sometimes it goes buggy and blocks access lol)