Shoutbox

message alert size - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: message alert size (/showthread.php?tid=26702)

message alert size by saralk on 06-04-2004 at 12:55 PM

I think i found a bug

if u have a normal messenger toast that is sized differently (i.e. MSN Alerts), than from then on all messenger plus alerts are the same size as that one.

RE: message alert size by Anubis on 06-04-2004 at 01:00 PM

That's because Messenger Plus! has a different toast system to the normal MSN one...the two are unrelated therefore toast resizing on one will not effect the other

RE: message alert size by saralk on 06-04-2004 at 01:32 PM

well apparantly it has

i signed up for xbox alerts on msn, and then i got an alert saying that the alerts have been enabled, than a few minutes later i got an e-mail toast and it was over sized.

Also there must be some sort of effect because messenger plus knows where msn toasts are, if someone signs in and u get an e-mail the messenger plus toast will go ontop of the msn messneger toast

RE: message alert size by saralk on 06-18-2004 at 06:17 PM

ok, sorry for double post (althou there is like a month between the post)

but i have found out what causes this bug. Its all to do with what the last toast size is.

For example:

The MSN Alerts Toast is about twice the size of a normal toast, so all the messenger plus toasts after that are twice their normal size.

And the "new version available" toats are about half the size of a normal toasts, so all messenger plus toasts after that are half the size of normal.

Since i dont have Messenger's default toasts enabled, the size can never 'reset' back to normal

This is quite an annoying bug. So i am just bringing it to you attention

RE: message alert size by MC Inferno on 06-18-2004 at 08:31 PM

A simular thing happens when you change the colour with a skin (eg. Cystal MSN). The Msg. Plus! toast stays the orignal colour

RE: message alert size by CookieRevised on 06-19-2004 at 03:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
A simular thing happens when you change the colour with a skin (eg. Cystal MSN). The Msg. Plus! toast stays the orignal colour
That's nothing similar at all... Like said before, Plus! uses his own toast-system, thus also his own toasts, not the (skinned) ones from MSN.

Concearning the size: It is indeed true that Plus! uses the latest used size by MSN Messenger. This is to make sure that toast are displayed correctly or something (was a while ago since this subject of plus-toasts came up on the forums). Anyways, this is indeed something that Patchou need to look at IMHO ;)
RE: message alert size by Patchou on 06-19-2004 at 03:44 AM

Well, Messenger Plus! detects the size of the Messenger popups and uses this size for its own toasts. I never thought about the over size alert popups. I'll fix that :).