Shoutbox

MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes (/showthread.php?tid=26721)

MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by dreamerboy on 06-04-2004 at 05:11 PM

Hello
I find that a bit annoying that msn messenger plus writes in the log files only when u close the window cause because of that, when the program or the pc crashes, u cant read ur conversation :(
Is tehre a way to avoid that?
Or did patchou plan to change that?
Dreamer

RE: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by dom. on 06-04-2004 at 05:28 PM

Cant help you with that, Sorry.

I'm just going to point out that its Messenger Plus! (or, MsgPlus!) not MSN+

:)

RE: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by Millenium_edition on 06-04-2004 at 05:32 PM

why post if you can't help?

also, plus! logs when you close window/at specific intervals. if your pc crashes msgplus won't log, because the window isn't actually "closed"

RE: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by Anubis on 06-04-2004 at 05:47 PM

This may help, Main Messenger Window > Plus! > Preferences > Logging > Archiveing and you'll see near the left bottom corner a Automatic save delay that you can change the time of...you could make it lower if your PC is prone to crashing....
Apart from that there's no way to make Plus! log when your PC crashes because when a PC crashes the Plus! process usually stops or locks up along with virtually every other process...

RE: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by dreamerboy on 06-05-2004 at 03:49 PM

Thanks a lot Anubis that should be ok i put it @ 1 minute :D
Dreamer

RE: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by Morpheous416 on 06-05-2004 at 05:26 PM

Assuming for a moment, that Patchou wished to code the program similar to Microsoft Word, which if the comp crashes, writes the unsaved material to your pagefile for later recovery....I think it would be a waste of time.  Even MS Word's recovery file is tainted with corrupt information, which is dependent completely on how/why the computer crashed.

If your computer is crashing alot, I am sure the guru's here would be happy to help you figure out your issue.

RE: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by EvilSeph on 06-05-2004 at 07:28 PM

It's faster to save logs on ending of the chatting session and/or at a set time rather than saving it each time someone sends a message.

RE: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by dreamerboy on 06-06-2004 at 02:19 AM

Why is it faster?
Many programs save logs when a new line comes ;)
Dreamer

RE: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by Millenium_edition on 06-06-2004 at 04:52 PM

because if someone floods you you crash

RE: MSN + doesnt log when PC crashes by Patchou on 06-06-2004 at 05:48 PM

Saving logs at a regular interval takes less resources and allows proper logging when you're talking with the same person in multiple chats. If you set the auto-save value to 1 minute, it will be almost the same and it should solve your problem :).