Shoutbox

Internet Explorer 6.05 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Internet Explorer 6.05 (/showthread.php?tid=26753)

Internet Explorer 6.05 by conless on 06-05-2004 at 06:23 AM

just wanted to say I have the IE 6.0.5.
If you guys dont have it and cant get it
add me to MSN and I will send it to you.
conless@hotmail.com

my friend gave it to me, so I dont know where he got it from,
mostlikely from microsoft.com
but iono

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by ipab on 06-05-2004 at 06:33 AM

that image is such a fake

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by .blade// on 06-05-2004 at 06:33 AM

Most likely he got it from a file sharing site bcz it's a BETA build...

quote:
Originally posted by Ipab Atokanniv

not neccisarily, you never know..I mean I have Windows Media Player 10 and M$ Windows Codename Longhorn so you never know ;) Although looking at the image I find it hard to believe that build 0008 got out..it's usually like build 30 or 40 or higher....
RE: RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by conless on 06-05-2004 at 06:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ipab Atokanniv

omg, why you say its fake?? if you guys want it let me know and I will send it to you on MSN.
this is the folder look.. attachment.

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by ddunk on 06-05-2004 at 08:03 AM

Googled it and DLed it. Seems really :dodgy:.

1) Too much Extra space around the outside, too much of a waste.
2) Grey IE? I know Longhorns got a grey theme, but still, IE/M$ normally has a blue theme as default
3) I hope that's not what the full release of IE 6.05, they're taking a step backwards with that.

Oh well, sticking with FF anyway.

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by surfichris on 06-05-2004 at 08:23 AM

This is not an official release from Microsoft. This is a clone that a user has created to look like the version in Microsoft Windows "Longhorn"

Lets take a look at some of the evidence:
- runtime looksl ike a RAR file or an executable rar file. Microsft would never use this as they stick to their CAB file format for compression.
- Graphics and sounds are never or rarely stored separatly. They are always included into the executable as resources.
- From the readme, "now you can delete bocked sites. for that the files delblock and blocked.txt are requiet so dont.... for PopupBlocker to work you need a special runtime installed on your system. I packed it up to.." For starters, i thought it was spelt required? Personal pronouns are never used in Microsoft products as the whole team develops the software. A text file for storing blocked sites? Hmm.. Microsoft made the registry to store application data.

I could post more if i wanted but my dinner is just about ready :p

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by Anubis on 06-05-2004 at 08:55 AM

The thing that stood out in my mind is the upgrade is only to version 6.0.5 from 6.0.2 and from the look of that browser there's been some clearly visible visual changes and probably some important code changes. I'd expect it to be IE 6.1 or maybe higher due to the extreme makeover...

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by paperless on 06-05-2004 at 01:15 PM

It's not fake i got it but its not from microsoft beta team or whateva i found it at neowin
And it has the same look as IE in Wndows Codename Longhorn

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by Anubis on 06-05-2004 at 01:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PT_KiD
It's not fake i got it but its not from microsoft beta team or whateva i found it at neowin
We all know its a real browser...just not the browser that its saying that it is...
RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by KeyStorm on 06-05-2004 at 01:42 PM

The first screenshot is fake, anyway, take a look at the taskbar app titles :dodgy:

What if that fake IE includes a virus? :redodgy:

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by surfichris on 06-05-2004 at 01:53 PM

Okay, we'll take a look at it and state the obvious.. The word clone is in the about box. This means it is a fake, a mockup if you will, that just uses the existing IE rendering engine. It is NOT a Microsoft product.

It has been designed around the Windows "Longhorn" Slate theme, thats all.

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by illuzn on 06-05-2004 at 03:03 PM

Also notice that the (R) symbol Beta and the T in Team are all out of whack... i hardly think microsoft would release something that dodgy...*thinks harder* i retract my previous comment

edit: that would be the ( R ) symbol not (R)

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by ipab on 06-05-2004 at 07:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by illuzn
Also notice that the (R) symbol Beta and the T in Team are all out of whack... i hardly think microsoft would release something that dodgy

my point is proven

RE: RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by conless on 06-06-2004 at 01:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by KeyStorm
The first screenshot is fake, anyway, take a look at the taskbar app titles :dodgy:

What if that fake IE includes a virus? :redodgy:

Its not a FAKE!!, told you guys, if you guys want it. I can send to it to ya.
its a real browser. something clone of the longhorn .. or something :S iono but its a pretty cool browser, you can block sites and some other coo stuff.
RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by conless on 06-06-2004 at 01:23 AM

For you guys that think its fake, Here is the link!!
enjoy, oh yea and it says Microsoft® Beta Team. doesnt that make it from microsoft®?

Enjoy..
http://download.softpedia.com:8080/INTERNET/BROWS...6-05-build0008.zip

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by bach_m on 06-06-2004 at 01:24 AM

don't forget the build number. all of microsoft's builds are from the release date of the first version. thats why XP is 2096 . thats the build since the first NT build.

0008 my ass.

and ur right. since it says microsoft, it must be microsoft.

Sincerely,
Michael Bach, President and CEO of Microsoft Corp.

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by Varish on 06-06-2004 at 01:30 AM

LAMO

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by EvilSeph on 06-06-2004 at 01:48 AM

There is a real version available, non-remade. Directly ripped from longhorn, but..who the hell would want to run an alpha/beta of Internet Explorer? I mean god.. most of us hate it enough already..don't add on to the unstableness.

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by CookieRevised on 06-06-2004 at 02:07 AM

If that is real...

* Why does the buildnumber doesn't make any sense?
* Why is the about window a simple and bad made BMP?
* Why is half of the resources in German?
* Why is there a "register" and "reminder" form inside?
* Why is there a mention in the resources of "CoolBrowser"?
* Why is there a runtime.exe from "Kelly Media AG" which holds "click.exe" which is written in VB6!
* Why is there a config file called Config.BOB?
* Why are there strings like "C:\BrowserBob\Develop1.3", "BrowserBob'#39's Construction Kit" inside?

I tell you why.... Because:

This is nothing more then a bad made skin with/for BrowserBob with some CoolBrowser stuff...
CoolBrowser: http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/Show...sp?txtCodeId=42145 or http://www.coolbrowser.com/ (dunno if they are the same, but these are the only two valid links I've found for CoolBrowser.

thread closed and put to the recycle bin...
:refuck:

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by bach_m on 06-06-2004 at 02:15 AM

wth is browserBob?

edit: didn't notice the link..... whoops

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by CookieRevised on 06-06-2004 at 02:38 AM

ermm... click the link ;)

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by RebelSean on 06-06-2004 at 03:03 AM

The layout in the first pic looks good..But I don't like that much gray ;-)

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by conless on 06-06-2004 at 05:26 AM

omg, still dont believe me :S
look maybe you will trust google.com

in google search engine type
download internet exploer 6.05
and you will get this
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&i...et+explorer+6%2E05

then click on the fist like,  and you will get this
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/10/1/10-1-62.shtml

then to the right, click on download!!!
so fucken simple!!

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by (V)oribundenVampir on 06-06-2004 at 05:32 AM

Guys, I don't really know wether his file is a fake or not. But the point is that there is a very very early alpha leaked on the internet of the new internet explorer. I know because I tested it. It is a standalone version. But hey, don't expect too much! The version is an early alpha and so it lacks of a lot of things! Plus, we don't really know about any security issue, so use it at your own risk. I don't remember having read that build "6.05", I think that I tested one v7. I tested one, and... as always... Microsoft adds all already-existing features, I mean... a popup blocker? Please... Hahaha... There are tons of programs that do the same! Eg.: the very famous Google Bar! Oh what? That the new IE has a download manager? Well... Other browsers added that future a long time ago. Eg. Opera. What? Oh! You want an IE plug-in? Well... DAP would do! VOILA!
Who can be interested in these early alpha versions? They all lack of a lot of features, they're mostly unstable, and their GUI suck too!

So well... I insist, I do not know wether the pictures are fake (which I suspect they are NOT), but even if they were, then let yourselves know that the alpha version of a new IE exist and it has that awful grey skin (which comes from Longhorn).

Have a nice day

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by surfichris on 06-06-2004 at 05:33 AM

We know its downloadable.

It is NOT a microsoft thing.. Like Cookie said its 'CoolBrowser' or BrowserBob.

If it was a microsoft product it would shop up exactly the same in windows xp as every other program because they use the internal GUI engine for their software to create a universal interface.

See the about box? See the word clone that means it is a look-a-like not the actual version. It uses the Microsoft Internet Explorer rendering engine, thats all.. and it is using the rendering engine which you have installed. Got IE5? This will use your IE5 rendering engine. IE6? Will use the IE6 version.

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by Guido on 06-06-2004 at 06:12 AM

ROFL I can't believe you actually can think this is the next IE. (just the green logo makes it obvious).

First off, there won't be any standalone IE versions for current windows versions (unless things change a lot).

And Microsoft doesn't have a "beta team". Microsoft has an "Internet Explorer team". It's not like an "Alpha team" develops the first part of the software, then it passes it over to the "beta team" to release the betas, and then to the "release team" to continue developing it. :rolleyes:

quote:
Originally posted by EvilSeph
There is a real version available, non-remade. Directly ripped from longhorn
There is not. The LH IE version runs on Avalon, which is of course unrippable from the OS code and can't run on any other windows version.

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by Pure_BY on 06-06-2004 at 03:46 PM

Sooo fake... a GREEN IE logo :lol:

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by crank on 06-06-2004 at 04:24 PM

This thing can't be reall...

Ow and just something you all should know:
There are lessons to make a browser online and  I think I saw the same thing before but with another name and some different logos...
Not very sure tough

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by lylesback2 on 06-06-2004 at 05:48 PM

haha, it is fake...

and it looks like a longhorn theme :P  nothing more then some idiot trying to get hype up over IE 6.0 when that should be the first release, not 6.05

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by .blade// on 06-06-2004 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
haha, it is fake...

and it looks like a longhorn theme :P  nothing more then some idiot trying to get hype up over IE 6.0 when that should be the first release, not 6.05

Ya, I mean if you look @ the copyright it says "© 2003" instead of 2004...I mean why would they have made it last year and waited until later this year to release it? :banana:
And they wouldn't skin it like that, bcz Longhorn will automatically skin the program with whatever theme YOU choose...I mean if you have the blue one on you're not going to have a Slate themed browser :p

* .blade// thinks someone should go and try it out on a computer that doesn't have the Visual Basic Runtimes and see what happens :bananaxmas:....:P
RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by lylesback2 on 06-06-2004 at 06:57 PM

look at the taskbar as well... the icon is black LOL and the about window it is green... i skinned my ie-logos to green but it doesn't change the about window... so someone reshacked it.  the legal rights are there.. and im sure they'll re-design the IE logo for 6.0 :P

RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by .blade// on 06-06-2004 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lylesback2
look at the taskbar as well... the icon is black LOL and the about window it is green... i skinned my ie-logos to green but it doesn't change the about window... so someone reshacked it.  the legal rights are there.. and im sure they'll re-design the IE logo for 6.0 :P

"6.0"? 6.0 is already out o.O
RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by lylesback2 on 06-06-2004 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
"6.0"? 6.0 is already out o.O
uhh sorry, 6.05
RE: Internet Explorer 6.05 by squashua on 06-29-2004 at 08:49 PM

It is not the original ripped from longhorn because that will require extra dll files which are only available in longhorn. Plus a real ie will allways remmember what was the last size of the browser e.e 640x768 etc
not going back to the same all the time.

the graphics are pour and there are bits of pink in the corner. 100% fake!