Shoutbox

TimeStamp Bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: TimeStamp Bug (/showthread.php?tid=26771)

TimeStamp Bug by mhnet on 06-05-2004 at 02:18 PM

Hey, there seems to be a problem with the timestamp on my Event Log Window.
Also in the log.txt it looks like

code:
[6/5/2004 | ] ‏آره$¤ٌi© dammit must finish btt (xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com) - Contact is now online
[6/5/2004 | ] *Xander*  - <If you drown your superior in the pool then you automatically inherit their rank... GO SGT's!> (xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com) - Contact is now online
[6/5/2004 | ] Islam Forever - THE SHOW WAS AMAZING, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH:) (xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com) - Contact appears to be idle
[6/5/2004 | ] 3 more exams :@:@ (studying) Rainbow Six 3 FUCKING RULES!! (xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com) - Contact is now online
[6/5/2004 | ] -ChInMaY-You may think things never work out, but in the end they always do, that is why we are all still alive today. (xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com) - Contact is now online

I have a screenshot up at http://geocities.com/goku_20_10/screeny.jpg

Please don't go there if you arent trying to help, because Geocities allows VERY limited bandwidth.

Thanks
RE: TimeStamp Bug by Fraisie on 06-05-2004 at 02:19 PM

Says im not authorized to view the image :/

RE: TimeStamp Bug by Choli on 06-05-2004 at 02:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jmprox
Hey, there seems to be a problem with the timestamp on my Event Log Window.
Also in the log.txt it looks like
Did you changed anything at the registry? Well, may I suggest you use my Tweaker for Plus and change the setting ChatLogTimeStampFmt. Just select your account, select that setting and click on "Set default". You can download the Tweaker here
quote:
Originally posted by jmprox
Please don't go there if you arent trying to help, because Geocities allows VERY limited bandwidth.
You're allowed to attach files here, with your posts. You can do it next time ;)

edit:

quote:
Originally posted by Fraisie
Says im not authorized to view the image :/
copy the address, open a new (and blank) page at your browser, and paste the url there. It should work ;)
RE: TimeStamp Bug by Sunshine on 06-05-2004 at 03:04 PM

I noticed ur using futuristic skin ( i know that skin isn't available separate for MSN messenger 6.2), what version of MSN messenger are u using? 6.1, WindowsX version??

If Choli's solution (Tweaker) doesnt solve ur prob, info bout that will help us figure out what's wrong ;)

Welcome to the forum :)

RE: TimeStamp Bug by EvilSeph on 06-05-2004 at 07:51 PM

Urr, that's not a chat log. That's an event log... Event logs are records of all your contacts' activities. When they signed in, when they changed their status, etc...

Do the following to alter the Event Log timestamp:

1) Go to your start menu.
2) Click on Run.

-- Or press the Windows Key and R simultaneously --

3) Type "regedit" (without quotation marks) and press enter.
4) Navigate to the following key:

code:
HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences

Click on:
SystemLogTimeStampFmt

and change it to your liking.

For more information about the tags you can use to change the timestamp, click here.

However, it's easier to use Plus! Tweak, click here for more information.

Run it and then find SystemLogTimeStampFmt

Then go and click here to see what tags you can use.
RE: TimeStamp Bug by Patchou on 06-06-2004 at 06:20 PM

quote:
Click on:
SystemLogTimeStampFmt

and change it to your liking.
Just delete it and restart Messenger, the default value will be used instead (that's more simple :)). You can also just click on the "Reset" button in the preferences, it will have the same effect.
RE: TimeStamp Bug by mhnet on 01-05-2005 at 04:50 PM

Thanks all for your help! It worked great!