Shoutbox

Wondering.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Wondering.. (/showthread.php?tid=26901)

Wondering.. by xiLLeNtz on 06-08-2004 at 03:20 AM

I am not 100% sure if this is something that you can do in MSG Plus! but if you can then can someone please tell me how to:

Put a password on so that when you start your computer up you need a password in order to go on MSN

RE: Wondering.. by Varish on 06-08-2004 at 04:07 AM

I'm not sure if there's a lock for Messenger generally, but its possible to Lock the Messenger which is "logged in". In the main window, Click the Plus! menue and select Lock Messenger (If your doin it for the first time, you will have to type a possword, and be careful when you type it, cuz there's no Confirmation password). But i think you already know abt this! :P

RE: Wondering.. by xiLLeNtz on 06-08-2004 at 12:57 PM

I know that but I ment locked on start up.. how can i make it so msn is locked on startup?

RE: Wondering.. by Concord Dawn on 06-08-2004 at 01:00 PM

Yes, you can. You can set the Station Lock to a shortcut and just press that shortcut on startup, but there is no way to actually Lock Messenger automatically on startup. I'm sure that someone could make a script for this without any great trouble.

RE: Wondering.. by dotNorma on 06-08-2004 at 04:36 PM

Hmmmm , Why not have MSN Messenger signed off on startup?

And it doesn't save password automaticlly , Then you bassiclly need a password on startup. :-/

RE: Wondering.. by Wabz on 06-08-2004 at 10:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by xiLLeNtz
I am not 100% sure if this is something that you can do in MSG Plus! but if you can then can someone please tell me how to:

Put a password on so that when you start your computer up you need a password in order to go on MSN

Just delete the password msn already has?  Or do you mean to access the Messenger.exe?  Cuz thats a bit more complicated

RE: Wondering.. by Vantage on 06-08-2004 at 11:33 PM

That'd be a pretty complicated script because it could be that everytime you close MSN Messenger the Lock May come on, but im sure someone will as we have many Talented Scripters in this forum..right?

RE: Wondering.. by crank on 06-09-2004 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Yes, you can. You can set the Station Lock to a shortcut and just press that shortcut on startup, but there is no way to actually Lock Messenger automatically on startup. I'm sure that someone could make a script for this without any great trouble.

Why don't put the shortcut in your Startup folder???
If you know what I mean...
Should need some scripting tough.......