Shoutbox

Hosting Need - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Hosting Need (/showthread.php?tid=26941)

Hosting Need by leito on 06-09-2004 at 12:27 AM

Hi all, I know this have been ask many times in the forum.. but I need some specific things. Like:

• 100Mb < x < 200Mb of space
  • Multiple Domain Parking (5 domains) [To have site.com, site1.com, site3.com... in the same hosting]
  • Many SubDomains
  • Unlimited (or a really big) data transfer
  • Custom Error Pages
  • Password Protect Directories
  • "Estadisticas" (Stats)
  • Many Email Accounts POP3(More than 25)
  • MySQL and PHP
  • FTP Access
  • A Nice ControlPanel (cPanel, would be the best)

Underlined what differs from my actual hosting provider.

Hope you can help! I know many people know many hosting services. Thank you in advance for your answer.

[edit]Price is important... not more than $100 a year[/edit]
[edit2]I think you can help me in this too. I need a name for a (8) Band "Fight" (Concurso de Bandas Musicales), my target public is teens, and it could be in Spanish, English, French (If is short and similar to Spanish) or another... Language that may be similar to Spanish., Thank you in advance, again[/edit2]
RE: Hosting Need by bach_m on 06-09-2004 at 12:37 AM

don't host it urself, there are plenty of hosts out there, and a DSL or cable line don't have enuff bandwidth for a site like that.

ther ar plenty of webhosts out there. these Forums are hosted by Avidmotion Technologies, who are very good. godaddy.com has a number of plans, but might not be what you are lokking for. have a look around. :google: is your friend :)

RE: Hosting Need by EvilSeph on 06-09-2004 at 12:47 AM

In this case :google: is not your friend. Why? Because, you'll find the most referenced site based on hits..and not based on rating or quality..Google is not maintained by humans, merely computers and ranked by how many times the keyword is linked to the site on the internet.

RE: Hosting Need by leito on 06-09-2004 at 12:48 AM

I'm not hosting it myself.. and yes I have google it, but... Many crappy hostings appears, sooo i decide to ask here... the most important feature is multiple domaing parking.

RE: Hosting Need by wj on 06-09-2004 at 01:04 AM

Avidmotion.com :-)

Hosts these forums, I bet we could work a deal.

How much bandwidth do you use?

RE: Hosting Need by ^Snog on 06-09-2004 at 03:15 AM

well have a look with http://abnormis.net ( didnt check it with your requiment... but well...

RE: Hosting Need by leito on 06-09-2004 at 06:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
How much bandwidth do you use?

This are my plants for the five sites.. I want to host there...

one is my personal page, porftfolio.. and contact info... (small bandwidth), another.. is a page for the "band challenge", small bandwidth too, just some pictures.. and information of the bands. The third is a page of soccer news for Guatemala, and some international news.. , the fourth and fifth... I don't know....

Maybe unlimited data transfer is too much? hahahaha....

quote:
Originally posted by wj
Avidmotion.com

Hosts these forums, I bet we could work a deal.
I love deals! let's talk..
RE: Hosting Need by Daniel on 06-09-2004 at 07:40 AM

www.x1host.net is a good reliable host which can provide all of the things you want :)

RE: Hosting Need by Menthix on 06-09-2004 at 09:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by leito.gt
Unlimited (or a really big) data transfer

not more than $100 a year
Don't think that's possible, depending on how you difine really big ofcourse... 5GB, 10GB, 50GB, 100GB, 250GB, 1024GB, 1TB, 5TB, 50TB ? That can all be defined as really big :). Unlimited is a dream :) every host will either cancel your account or charge you more if you do like multiple TB's a month.... because the host needs to pay those TB's :).

For multiple domain parking/sub domains. I reccomend http://freedns.afraid.org/ I've been using it for about 2 years now. You can add your own domains to their DNS and they will give you a free DNS service including unlimited subdomains. Note that they do not host, you will have to redirect your sites and email to another provider.
RE: Hosting Need by Wabz on 06-09-2004 at 10:10 AM

Unlimited Bandwidth is a serious issue Big Big sites go through approx 25GB a month.  This is where the costs go.  Space and other things are really issues.  Try and work out how much bandwidth you need and add a couple GB for safe keeping.  This way you'll manage to host a decent site at a price which is realistic to you

RE: Hosting Need by surfichris on 06-09-2004 at 10:24 AM

Big sites go through more than that... The plus! plugins database did 28 in 8 days.. Think of the main site even :o

RE: Hosting Need by Millenium_edition on 06-09-2004 at 11:05 AM

www.nsrtech.net just ask what you need, and they can work out a deal. it's great and fast hosting, so it's all ok ;)

RE: Hosting Need by Menthix on 06-09-2004 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
www.nsrtech.net
Their site is slow form here (Netherlands / XS4ALL / 8Mbit connection), if that’s the speed you’ll get as costumer, or is it just slow for me? Also green text on a black blackground doesn’t look very professional  And they only started since april/may this year :O

Sorry, I’m kinda pessimistic today… didn’t have much sleep at all. But these are things you should keep in mind tough.

RE: Hosting Need by Millenium_edition on 06-09-2004 at 02:20 PM

it's fast in here (belgium, shitty connection). also they just started, i know, but they're good, and the looks of the websites don't matter as long as it works no?

RE: Hosting Need by kuipie on 06-11-2004 at 09:43 PM

quote:
Hi all, I know this have been ask many times in the forum.. but I need some specific things. Like:
  • Multiple Domain Parking (5 domains) [To have site.com, site1.com, site3.com... in the same hosting]
  • Many SubDomains
  • Custom Error Pages
  • "Estadisticas" (Stats)
  • MySQL and PHP
  • FTP Access

Hope you can help! I know many people know many hosting services. Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hé,
Please check http://www.da-hosting.nl
We deliver perfect, fast and cheap hosting.
This is really what you're looking for.

Greetz,
Kuipie (info@da-hosting.nl)

P.S. The panel we have is DirectAdmin. Really to talk about.

RE: Hosting Need by leito on 07-30-2004 at 03:58 AM

quote:
  • Many SubDomains
  • Custom Error Pages
  • "Estadisticas" (Stats)
  • MySQL and PHP
  • FTP Access

[edit]Price is important... not more than $100 a year[/edit]
[edit2]I think you can help me in this too. I need a name for a (8) Band "Fight" (Concurso de Bandas Musicales), my target public is teens, and it could be in Spanish, English, French (If is short and similar to Spanish) or another... Language that may be similar to Spanish., Thank you in advance, again[/edit2]

I was considering using AvidMotion Technologies hosting and I will still like to use it, but I'm open for new suggestions. Thank you in advance for your help.

[edit]
I change some of the specs as this:

Bandwidth: 10gb
Diskspace: 400mb
E-mail address: 200
Domains: 5
Sub-domains: 100
[/edit]
RE: Hosting Need by wj on 07-30-2004 at 05:57 AM

Sorry about that Legito, I've been fighting with my SSL Cert provider as I cant do registrations till it's fixed.

RE: Hosting Need by leito on 08-08-2004 at 06:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
Sorry about that Legito, I've been fighting with my SSL Cert provider as I cant do registrations till it's fixed.

It's ok, I thought you had some kinda of problem, but I'll still wait your email when you are done, maybe I still need it.
RE: Hosting Need by Chestah on 08-08-2004 at 06:50 AM

avidmotion hosting looks really nice, they have good plans (just looked then :P) and they have a really good professional site in my opinon :)

RE: Hosting Need by musicalmidget on 08-08-2004 at 11:06 AM

May I also highly recommend EckoHost.

My site is hosted with them, as is the Messenger Plus! IRC Channel. ;)

They have several packages to choose from, and you can also arrange a custom package.  I strongly urge you to look.

I don't know what the prices are like for people in other countries, but I am certain that for United Kingdom users, this is by far the cheapest hosting company on the net. :)

RE: Hosting Need by JaymachRalTir on 08-09-2004 at 10:50 AM

I'm using Host Department myself. They have almost everything you need in the Premium 500 package, the only difference being that it only offers 50 sub domains. Take a look :).

RE: Hosting Need by Dempsey on 08-09-2004 at 11:52 AM

It's currently undergoing a site redesign, but here's my host: http://www.geahost.com

RE: Hosting Need by leito on 12-28-2004 at 07:20 AM

wj, How is the problem with the SSL certificate provider? I have a client , right know and I might need a hosting again.

Hi all, I just wanted your opinion about this all thread. I have contacted EckoHost , and they give me this "nice customized plan", what do you think about hosting in EckoHost?

I know they host the msgplus's IRC Network and MsgDiscovery.com

RE: Hosting Need by Eljay on 12-28-2004 at 08:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.x3fusion.com

Domain Package
    * (Host yourdomain.com)
    * 300MB of Web-space
    * 10GB Bandwidth
    * 5 Subdomains
    * 10 MySQL Database's
    * 10 POP3 and FTP Accounts
    * PHP, Perl, CGI & cPanel 9.x
    * Fantastico
    * No advertisements
    * Apply Now

x3fusion offer really good hosting (Y)
only 5 subdomains though :undecided:
* Eljay wonders why anybody could need 100 subdomains

EDIT@ forgot to mention its totally 100% free :cheesy:

RE: Hosting Need by Chris.1 on 12-28-2004 at 12:44 PM

I help run http://www.as-hosting.com. We run a few redhat linux servers using cPanel and WHM as the control panels. We have near to 100% uptime, reasonably priced plans and great support.

Check out our website for a plan that suits you - or you can PM me and I'll give you a customised plan in my private reseller (means it will be cheaper to you).

HTH

RE: Hosting Need by user27089 on 12-28-2004 at 02:49 PM

I got Domain, Subdomains, Emails, Databases, Cpanel, 500mb Space, 5Gb of Bandwith for $18.... www.cpehosting.. i know the owner guy, he's really cool... I'll speak to him if you want??

RE: Hosting Need by John Anderton on 12-28-2004 at 03:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leejeffery
quote:

Originally posted by http://www.x3fusion.com

Domain Package
    * (Host yourdomain.com)
    * 300MB of Web-space
    * 10GB Bandwidth
    * 5 Subdomains
    * 10 MySQL Database's
    * 10 POP3 and FTP Accounts
    * PHP, Perl, CGI & cPanel 9.x
    * Fantastico
    * No advertisements
    * Apply Now

x3fusion offer really good hosting
only 5 subdomains though
* leejeffery wonders why anybody could need 100 subdomains

EDIT@ forgot to mention its totally 100% free

I tried your site. Does it give a free domain name and hosting cause i registered at the link u gave.
It sayz they'll review it and may take a max time of 2 months !!!
RE: Hosting Need by Eljay on 12-28-2004 at 03:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton

I tried your site. Does it give a free domain name and hosting cause i registered at the link u gave.
It sayz they'll review it and may take a max time of 2 months !!!

well its not my site but i know that they dont give u a free domain (anyone that does is plain daft :P). the hosting is free though.
if u applied for the domain package and u dont already have one i suggest u reapply but for the subdomain one instead (has slightly less stuff but still amazing for a free host)
and the up to 2 months thing is stupid as well because when i applied i got a reply in a few days so u should too
RE: Hosting Need by John Anderton on 12-28-2004 at 03:51 PM

I can show u the mail lee. Newayz 4get that tell me what was the link u gave us for (i mean posted)??? Subdomain ??

RE: Hosting Need by Eljay on 12-28-2004 at 04:02 PM

on the main page (www.x3fusion.com) did u click apply now for subdomain or domain?