Shoutbox

Commands and formatting not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Commands and formatting not working (/showthread.php?tid=26999)

Commands and formatting not working by newmand2 on 06-10-2004 at 10:03 AM

The title says it all really

On typing things such as /me commands, it actually writes the phrase '/me' in the convo box. Same for colour formatting etc... On the live chat, people said to reinstall/reboot which i did and some said reinstall windows...

I really don't want to do that. This has never worked on this machine, but it did on my old winME computer.

Its XP, and I am using the program's defaults

Thanks

RE: Commands and formatting not working by AJR on 06-12-2004 at 10:28 AM

make sure the options are correct.. (instant messages - commands and tags) if they r all good, then make sure you have the latest msn messenger (6.2.0133) and msn messenger plus (3.01.94) if you havent restarted your computer since you first tried, then thats worth a go.. if its still not working then try reinstalling msn plus and messenger. um if its still not working than listen to someone smarter who will probably be posting soon lol..

RE: Commands and formatting not working by Anubis on 06-12-2004 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AJR
the latest msn messenger (6.2.0133)
don't you mean 6.2.0137?
quote:
Originally posted by AJR
msn plus
MSN Plus is something totally different its Messenger Plus!

Probably the best idea is to fully uninstall MSN Messenger and Msg Plus! and then reinstall them both again...
RE: Commands and formatting not working by AJR on 06-12-2004 at 10:39 AM

yeah thats what i meant... :| lol people are always rephrasing me

RE: Commands and formatting not working by newmand2 on 06-13-2004 at 01:57 PM

ok well i tried to get an older version instead but i couldnt... so i downgraded my MSN messenger... that made by MSN messenger no longer work, but then i updated it to get the latest one and now they both work fine

I think what im trying to say is it helped uninstalling msn messenger and then reinstalling it

RE: Commands and formatting not working by Anubis on 06-13-2004 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by newmand2
I think what im trying to say is it helped uninstalling msn messenger and then reinstalling it

It probably was because it cleared some problem in the registry that was there...anyway glad to here your problem has been sorted