Shoutbox

MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! (/showthread.php?tid=27095)

MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by missklutz16 on 06-12-2004 at 04:37 PM

I have been noiticing this happening for a while now, and I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Well, about a week ago a person on my list changed their name to I Got My Period. I didn't think very much of it, because this person always has something kind of crazy as their name. Then he next day someone else on my list changed their name to I Got My Period and I noticed a pattern.

I have Plus! installed and I noticed when the people change their name it goes back and forth from the name they have in the
beginning to I Got My Period for about a minute. So say if the name is Hottie, it will switch between Hottie and I Got My Period back to back, almost like 2 people are fighting with it.

When you go to the convo window with the person, their picture is still the same and so is their font. But I don't think it is the same person.

This has happened to 6 people on my list. I talked with 2 of them, and they both try to send me a file over file transfer. I think that both files were called funny stuff and were 20 kbs big. The first person told me that the file was a picture of spongebob stoned, but I know it couldn't have been a picture because when they sent the file transfer request the icon was the one used for applications.

The second person told me that it was a program that would change your name to I Got My Period and that it was really funny. I still didn't download it, but again it was an application. I couldn't see what the ending of it was because MSN doesn't show you it.

I really think that this program is either a virus, or it is a program that allows the hacker to get into your account from their computer and spread the virus, but it somehow manages to keep your picture and font and such the same. I don't know how it manages to do this, and I could be wrong but the whole thing seems really fishy to me. I'll post the log of the convo with the second period person and see what you all think. (Without the names of course.) I'm just wondering is this seems fishy to any of you, or if you have been experiencing this it's self.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: _________, Is this really you?

Period Girl: yup
Period Girl: this is my old one
Period Girl: it keeps signing me in

Me: i know that
Me: but... your name...

Period Girl: i cant get onto msn!
Period Girl: yah i no....lol
Period Girl: ill change ti
Period Girl: did you get that before?

Me: get what before?

*insert file transfer of funny stuff here*

Me: what is it?

Period Girl: it changes your name to i got my period

Me: bullshit

Period Girl: try it

Me: why the fuck would you want to install a program to do that?

Period Girl: its not a program
Period Girl: its just like a picture file or something

Me: fuck you, it's either A) a virus, or b a hacking program that when you excute it lets a hacker into your system or some shit like that and they start fucking around with your computer
Me: it's an application file

Period Girl: whatever that is
Period Girl: i dunno
Period Girl: i just send it to ppl

Me: if it was a picture file i could see the picture
Period Girl: i dunno what it is
Me: virus scan it for me

Period Girl: how?

Me: right click and then scan the file
Me: but you probably won't because your the same bitch as yesterday on a new account trying to send shit to me

Period Girl: okkkkkkkkkkkk
Period Girl: it doesnt say scan
Period Girl: 1 sec
Period Girl: dont decline yet
Period Girl: no i dont know how to scan it

Me: why should i accept it?

Period Girl: you dont have to
Period Girl: you can save it to your computer and then send it to ppl for laughs
Period Girl: its pretty funny
Period Girl: especially if you send it to a guy

Me: see the thing is i don't want to send people viruses for a laugh

Period Girl: its not a virus
Period Girl: we have about 5 different virus scanners on our computer and none of them detected it

Me: uh huh and all those scanner's don't intertefere with each other?
Me: wow, you're lucky
Me: what are the scanners?

Period Girl: norton anti virus

Me: that's one

Period Girl: theres one that came with smiley central that i downloaded
Period Girl: theres one thats one our computer that came with it
Period Girl: thats 3
Period Girl: not quite 5 but its enough

Me: hum... see you don't get a virus scan with smiley central... you get spyware from those things
Me: and microsoft doesn't come with it's own virus scanner.
Me: it might have came with norton...

Period Girl: i dont know....the only thing i do on the computer is msn so i dont know that much about them

Me: oh
Me: you should learn more about
              computers
Me: it could stop you from getting hackers in your system, and then have them try to send viruses..

Period Girl: maybe
Period Girl: im too lazy....lol

Me: lol
Me: anyway i g2g
Me: cya later

Period Girl: bye

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by bl00dy_sn3Ak3r on 06-12-2004 at 04:48 PM

i have never had a problem like that. but i do have people send e-mails to others with viruses. and i always get a delivery repory saying it contains a virus!!

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Stigmata on 06-12-2004 at 04:53 PM

ummmm a program like that wouldnt be hard to make

if u want one, ill make one :S

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Kryptonate on 06-12-2004 at 04:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jackass_wanabe
ummmm a program like that wouldnt be hard to make

if u want one, ill make one
a program to do what? :dodgy:
RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Vantage on 06-12-2004 at 05:21 PM

-Open NotePad
-Type the following

code:

@echo.
@color 09
@netstat -n
@echo.
@pause

Save As "getip.cmd"

-Start
-Run
-Type: "cmd"

Type:
Tracert *ipadress&

then report One of the IP's, make sure they're not yours
RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by lylesback2 on 06-12-2004 at 05:24 PM

2 of my friends names where "I Got My Period" AS WELL! LOL someone got a virus... :P

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Anubis on 06-12-2004 at 05:37 PM

Not sure if it's just me but that guy seemed to be playing dumb...If it is a trojan its about the right size but its probably some kind of joke application that changes the contacts name on opening...
Ask anyone who's got this problem to give a list of their active processes...

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Dr4g0n on 06-12-2004 at 06:34 PM

Hmm....  Anubis is right, i have experience with all things computer srewing :x and i reckon missklutz was right about it being a program that gives hacker access to your computer.... And as jackasswanabe said a program that changes your nick isn't hard. DO NOT ACCEPT THIS FILE would be your best bet :)

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by brovazz1 on 06-12-2004 at 06:48 PM

i dont believe anything of it its completly bullshit that he/she is saying

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Kryptonate on 06-12-2004 at 06:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by brovazz1
some people don't know a thing about computers or virusses or spyware or .... :-/. They think that when they have an AV nothing can touch them, but they forget to update it once in a while :rolleyes:. They also accept anything you send them and don't ask questions at all. Too bad a lot of administrators of networks don't update too now and then.

People then blame AV company's and Microsoft when they have a virus that destroys all their data.
RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by missklutz16 on 06-12-2004 at 07:03 PM

quote:
-Open NotePad
-Type the following

code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@echo.
@color 09
@netstat -n
@echo.
@pause

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Save As "getip.cmd"

-Start
-Run
-Type: "cmd"

Type:
Tracert *ipadress&

then report One of the IP's, make sure they're not yours

What will this do? 
RE: RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by brovazz1 on 06-12-2004 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kryptonate
quote:
Originally posted by brovazz1
some people don't know a thing about computers or virusses or spyware or .... :-/. They think that when they have an AV nothing can touch them, but they forget to update it once in a while :rolleyes:. They also accept anything you send them and don't ask questions at all. Too bad a lot of administrators of networks don't update too now and then.

People then blame AV company's and Microsoft when they have a virus that destroys all their data.

yea you are right but still some people dont know how to stop it
RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Stigmata on 06-12-2004 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by missklutz16
What will this do?
shows current  connections to your pc
RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by saralk on 06-12-2004 at 07:25 PM

cant u just go to dos and type netstat -n?

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Mike on 06-17-2004 at 10:33 AM

Hmmm...
Can you make a dummy account, add the period girl to your list and then use winhex or something to see in what programing language the "virus" was made? ;)

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by segosa on 06-18-2004 at 07:29 AM

OMG. that conversation in the first post is freaking hilarious :lol:

An antivirus is not a miracle program. For all you people out there who have no idea how they work: They have 'signatures' which certain viruses have. it could be a hash or a certain section of the binary which is unique. If someone coded a virus and sent you it, even if you had an updated antivirus, it's unlikely it would be detected. so that's a warning for all of you who got this 'I Got My Period' Virus: Just because your antivirus doesn't say it's a virus, it doesn't mean that it doesn't contain malicious code.

It annoys me so much when people think something's an image when it's clearly an executable. If I had that conversation with someone in the first post I swear I'd have commited suicide.

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by frankiedaman on 06-18-2004 at 05:50 PM

quote:
If someone coded a virus and sent you it, even if you had an updated antivirus, it's unlikely it would be detected

Don't most antivirus programs have a function that blocks virus-like activity, from ANY virus-like code?

Some AV programs have "Script Blocking" which detect virus like activity from scripts or any other code, even if it is brand new and not found by AV companies yet.

For example, when the "virus" changes your MSN nickname without your knowledge, you would be alerted that a script is trying to write a new registry key, or edit a key.
RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Millenium_edition on 06-18-2004 at 06:08 PM

script blocking sucks for me... and i have nav 2003
anyway, the virus hasn't reached my list...

and btw, symantec will see this sooner or later ;)

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by MC Inferno on 06-18-2004 at 08:27 PM

This is going a littkle off-topic :-/ Back to the issue..... can anyone help peroid boy?

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by skulhedface on 07-13-2004 at 04:48 AM

Just to let you guys know.  This is a virus, but it is supposed to be a really poorly coded one.  It doesn't spread and must be accepted and ran manually on your pc.  For more information, Mcaffee lists it on thier web page.

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=des...ion&virus_k=126307

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by ~INVASION~ on 07-13-2004 at 03:12 PM

I got this a while ago and it changed my name to i got my period but it was obviously very poorly made virus :P i had to run it myself and i just simply stoped by ending the process using ctrl+alt+delete at the time i had no clue it was a virus and my brother accepted it from someone and put it on my name hopefully it is gone from my system now :|

(it was kinda funny but stupid at the same time:P)

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by spokes on 07-13-2004 at 04:22 PM

okay, heres my view on this, i think its just a trojan/virus w/e.

in vb (Visual Basic) that would be very simple to make. just change the name and hide the program so u dont notice it. then get it to check for name changes and then when it finds one change it back to i got my period.

but..
as for the file sending, it may be the person manually sending it to annoy you becos they hav it and they wnt u to hav it to b annoyed.
orrrr......
they make a program to send then file automatically and make a sentence about it being a picture.

don't no y sumone would make a program so a hacker could do that manually wen it can b dun by the program itself. therefor i think its not a hacker. get me?

RE: MSN Messenger Hacker? Help! by Vantage on 07-13-2004 at 04:35 PM

I know theres also another one running around called the e-mail skull death locker, I have it's fun too use for people you don't like :P