Shoutbox

I need hlep to remove sponsor program - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: I need hlep to remove sponsor program (/showthread.php?tid=27136)

I need hlep to remove sponsor program by ddd on 06-13-2004 at 08:45 AM

Hi

I have follow your steps but failed.  I entered the uninstall verification code properly, but the program did not ask me Yes or NO to uninstall the sponsor program.  Then, Message Plus is uninstalled but that sponsor program stays in my computer even I don't have Message Plus installed. 

Why it is so hard to remove this.  Why is this purposely constructed that way?  How can I remove this.  I did not follow any other steps but your Yes No confirmation mesasge popup just never show up.  I don't want that sponsor program on my computer.  I want my google tool bar back without others.

Please tell me what to do to fix this.  Thanks.

Danny

RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by Anubis on 06-13-2004 at 08:47 AM

If you have attempted to remove the sponsor program by any other method, like spyware and adware removal tools, messed around in the registry or tried to delete files you must install Messenger Plus! again with the sponsor program before doing the uninstall procedure...

RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by user27089 on 06-13-2004 at 09:19 AM

Then follow the steps again:

Add or Remove Programs > Messenger Plus! 3 > Uninstall

Then reinstall without the sponsor program.............................

why do people get so confused?

RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by BayshoreTommy on 06-14-2004 at 02:03 PM

I agree, this "Sponsor" program is a piece of garbage, not worth destryong my machine and infesting with garbage even though Messenger Plus is a good program.  I would have paid 20-30 dollars for the program rather than wasting this much time with it.
ANYbody is going to try to remove that crap first, then when they screw up and are not able to then they will come to the website for help.
You people that make the software act as if someone should know how to remove this stuff the correct way before they start.
Not ever going to happen with 99.9% of people out there.
(N)

RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by Tochjo on 06-14-2004 at 02:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BayshoreTommy
this "Sponsor" program is a piece of garbage
I disagree, and will explain why.
quote:
not worth destryong my machine and infesting with garbage
When you install Messenger Plus!, you get the choice to install the sponsor program or not. When you install it, amongst other things, some favourites are added, a toolbar is added, and the homepage is changed. What is defined as 'destryong my machine and infesting with garbage' is personal, but I wouldn't call it that way.

quote:
I would have paid 20-30 dollars for the program rather than wasting this much time with it.
There was a PayPal donate button a long time ago (before the sponsor program), but fact was that rarely anyone paid. Now there's the optional sponsor, which does provide Patchou with an income, and still isn't mandatory.

quote:
ANYbody is going to try to remove that crap first, then when they screw up and are not able to then they will come to the website for help.
No, not anybody. Many come here before screwing around themselves. Anyway, we can still help them, and we will. Just reinstall the sponsor program (so corrupted files are restored) and uninstall then.

quote:
You people that make the software act as if someone should know how to remove this stuff the correct way before they start.
Actually, if you choose to install it, we assume you don't want it removed, as you specificly chose for it. But when it's installed abusively, we can provide good instructions (that have been proven to work) to uninstall it.
RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by BayshoreTommy on 06-15-2004 at 12:19 AM

Listen... the program itself is great, the thing that makes me mad is the sponsor program changing my settings, such as the IE homepage, and me having to constantly change it back.
If I want to search ill use gooogle, not some 2bit search engine that no one has ever heard of.
Regardless, I followed your instructions for removal, the sponsor program was removed without a hitch.
I should have read the agreement before I installed, that part was my fault.

T.
:|

RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by Chrono on 06-15-2004 at 12:23 AM

quote:
Listen... the program itself is great, the thing that makes me mad is the sponsor program changing my settings, such as the IE homepage, and me having to constantly change it back.
Plus!'s sponsor will change ur homepage just once. after u change it, it wont change it back. Maybe u have other adware in ur computer?
quote:
exactly
RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by BayshoreTommy on 06-15-2004 at 12:27 AM

Nope, i very rarely install anything on this machine, and every few hours when I opened IE, it would be back to that search2web page.  I seriously doubt i installed another sponsor based program with the same websearch.

May want to check the software a little more.  Im using XP Pro, with SP2 on it.

T.

RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by donato on 06-15-2004 at 07:14 AM

I think Patchou should consider to have an ad-free version for registered users, kinda lika Opera. maybe only few would buy it, but still worth a try. I am one of them, I've already bought some merchandise stuff. I always pay for small and helpful programs, rather than giving moneys to Micro$oft and company.....
Well it's just my 5 cents idea :)

RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by WDZ on 06-15-2004 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by donato
I think Patchou should consider to have an ad-free version for registered users, kinda lika Opera. maybe only few would buy it, but still worth a try.
I think it would be much easier for a user to choose not to install the sponsor than to pay for MsgPlus. :p

And if the free version had forced ads, people would just make a crack to remove the ads without paying. :-/
RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by donato on 06-15-2004 at 07:55 AM

As i said it's just my 5 cents. I am glad to pay for a program i like and i use a lot, so long as the price is honest

RE: RE: I need hlep to remove sponsor program by Sunshine on 06-15-2004 at 08:46 AM

quote:
If I want to search ill use gooogle, not some 2bit search engine that no one has ever heard of.
Regardless, I followed your instructions for removal, the sponsor program was removed without a hitch.

T.
:|

U don't have to install anything to get adware/spyware on ur computer, just surfing the net does that without u knowing.

As u saw the sponsor is OPTIONAL and u were able to remove it following the steps provided in this thread. If theres still adware/spyware it's not plus causing the probs.

To prevent adware/spyware getting on ur computer i advise to scan frequently with adaware available here: http://download.com.com/3000-8022-10214379.html?tag=lst-0-2

If the startpage of ur browser keeps changing i suggest u also use the lil prog i attached, it's CWshredder. It will remove most browserhijackers ;)