Shoutbox

Address's - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Address's (/showthread.php?tid=27142)

Address's by reisyboy on 06-13-2004 at 12:51 PM

Ok guys im having some problems people keep asking me arround for the POP3 Hotmail Address's ( i dont know why they ask me:P )

Can you please tell me the:

POP3
SMTP
And relevent ports it use's

RE: Address's by CookieRevised on 06-13-2004 at 01:06 PM

Hotmail doesn't have POP3 access...

RE: Address's by reisyboy on 06-13-2004 at 01:18 PM

Thats what i thourght Cookie - but i keep been told you can get the address on the web to download your hotmail email.....i didnt know if it was true but ive had about 3 people tell me this now so i dunno :-/...

RE: Address's by fluffy_lobster on 06-13-2004 at 02:46 PM

Outlook has some strange way of fetching hotmail as if it was POP3... but there is no POP3 support in itself.  I do recall seeing a hotmail>pop3 web application, but don't know how good or reliable that is

RE: Address's by Concord Dawn on 06-13-2004 at 02:58 PM

There is a program called Hotmail Popper by Boolean Software. There is also a program called Pennock's E-mail Notifier which does POP3 and most web-based mail services.

RE: Address's by reisyboy on 06-13-2004 at 03:36 PM

Ahhhh right ill just send them those links. They where all insisting they where something, maybe thats what they wanted...... thanks guys

RE: Address's by saralk on 06-13-2004 at 03:44 PM

outlook express can check hotmail accounts and download them as if it was a pop3 account

and u get pop3 with msn+

RE: Address's by illuzn on 06-13-2004 at 03:46 PM

I remember there was another thread here regarding an email plugin in any case it referred to mx2.hotmail.com as an smtp server... i think... dunno if that's any help

RE: Address's by Tochjo on 06-13-2004 at 04:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
and u get pop3 with msn+
I take it you mean MsgPlus! ;)
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
There is a program called Hotmail Popper by Boolean Software.
You linked to version 3, which isn't freeware. Search the forums for an older version that is.