Shoutbox

irc - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: irc (/showthread.php?tid=27225)

irc by doughboyy on 06-15-2004 at 03:07 AM

what is with the channel for the past couple of hours? is it down?

RE: irc by DXtremz on 06-15-2004 at 03:40 AM

It seems like we are having a hardware issue. The server responds to pings but it isn't responding at the console and it isn't even outputting to the monitor. Datacenter is looking into the situation. Sorry for the downtime.

I'll update this post as soon as the server is back up and running properly.

It's all up now :) Enjoy.

RE: irc by Joe on 06-15-2004 at 04:42 AM

Datacenter is looking into the situation = I have the cover off
:refuck::refuck:

j/p

RE: irc by sock on 06-15-2004 at 08:19 AM

The server has been up for a while now, but the IRC ports seem to be blocked... I've actually been in the channel through my gateway for the past three hours or so - it's just me and the bots... :p

* sock slaps DX :p around a bit with a large trout.

(In the meanwhile, BTW, you are all welcome to #msgplus on the never-dying EFnet.)

RE: irc by Wabz on 06-15-2004 at 09:46 AM

* Wabz wishes there was something he could do about it. 

Theres only one thing that can help sockie at this moment in time

[Image: banana.gif]

Oh and while the servers down why not join

irc://irc.efnet.net/msgplus  the secondary MsgPlus channel on the network that never dies Efnet

RE: irc by DXtremz on 06-15-2004 at 12:13 PM

The server had some hardware replaced and was "moved" to a new location. Since then everything over port 6000 won't allow remote connections...I believe the datacenter is filtering those ports for some reason (probably because we keep getting packeted). So until it's back up, just go on EFNet. Sorry.

RE: irc by sock on 06-15-2004 at 12:42 PM

The server can now be accessed by connecting to this hostname: tweety.eckohost.com (it's actually the same server as before)

Note that this is only a temporary workaround until the problems with the original IP address are resolved. Perhaps the Web Chat details should be temporarily changed to the alternative hostname?

Update: The server is now back to normal and should be accessible from the normal irc.msgplus.net hostname.