Shoutbox

Event Log recent activity - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Event Log recent activity (/showthread.php?tid=27226)

Event Log recent activity by Magicnz on 06-15-2004 at 05:42 AM

Hi Can anyone tell me how i can deactivate my event log window ive tried going through the prefences option on the plus menu and unchecking the event logging box. any help please

Thanks

RE: Event Log recent activity by WDZ on 06-15-2004 at 06:23 AM

Well, you can close the window, but I don't think you can stop it from collecting event information. Why would you want to do that? If the window is closed, you won't even know it's there, and if "record events in file" is disabled, the event info will not be stored permanently.

RE: Event Log recent activity by Choli on 06-15-2004 at 10:02 AM

In the preferences, go to the Logging section > Event logging sub-section. Then uncheck Display all messenger events in a window. Click Ok and sign out (or restart messeger). Plus won't record events.

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
but I don't think you can stop it from collecting event information
Yes, you can. When you sign in, Plus won't start collecting events until the window is opened once, so preventing the window to be opened when you sign in (as I said before) you can stop PLus from recording events (it'll start recording events if, once signed in, you open that window).
RE: Event Log recent activity by WDZ on 06-16-2004 at 05:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
Yes, you can. When you sign in, Plus won't start collecting events until the window is opened once, so preventing the window to be opened when you sign in (as I said before) you can stop PLus from recording events (it'll start recording events if, once signed in, you open that window).
O_o Really? Does what you said only apply if logging to file is disabled? Because my event log window always records events whether it was already opened or not...
RE: Event Log recent activity by Choli on 06-16-2004 at 10:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

O_o Really? Does what you said only apply if logging to file is disabled? Because my event log window always records events whether it was already opened or not...
er... wait, dodgy things are happening. I remember in the beta testing telling patchou that the event log window didn't record events until you opened it and he said that was its correct behaviour (to not use memory if the user don't want see the events).

but now, I signed in with 2 accounts (polygamy) and the windows were closed. I just opened them and one of them was empty and the other has events...

quite dodgy :-/ I'll do some more tests.