Shoutbox

The Plus menu keeps dissappearing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: The Plus menu keeps dissappearing (/showthread.php?tid=27277)

The Plus menu keeps dissappearing by robintw on 06-16-2004 at 06:35 AM

Hi everybody,

I have installed Messenger Plus on Messenger 6.2 and now the plus menu keeps dissapearing.

If its not there I usually have to restart and then it appears.

Does anybody have any ideas what to do?

Robin

P.S. The little window which 'should' pop up if the menu is not there never appears.

RE: The Plus menu keeps dissappearing by Choli on 06-16-2004 at 12:39 PM

what version of Windows do you have? Have you tried to reinstall plus?

When you say " the plus menu keeps dissapearing ", does that mean that you can see the menu once and after a while it isn't there? If that's te case, open the preferences (Plus > preferences) and in the miscellaneous section select the last box (force load plus when windows starts)

quote:
Originally posted by robintw
P.S. The little window which 'should' pop up if the menu is not there never appears.
press Ctrl + Alt + Del and tell us if the process MsgPlus.exe is in the list.
RE: The Plus menu keeps dissappearing by robintw on 06-23-2004 at 09:33 PM

Hi

I have windows 98 and I am using Messenger+ 3.

When  I say it 'dissappears' I mean that sometimes when I load up messenger it is there, and other times it isn't!

When it hasn't been working I have used Ctrl-Alt-Del and MsgPlus.exe isn't in the list!

I have tried re-installing Messenger Plus and I have tried re-starting it when it happens.

We are using a multi-user Win98 system, might that have any influence. By multi-user I mean that each member of the family has an account and we log on as ourselves before we start using the PC.

Also, if the PC crashes and I reload, often Messenger Plus isn't there.

Does anybody have any ideas about this because it is incredibly annoying!

Robin

P.S. This didn't happen with Messenger Plus 2 (but also I had Messenger 6.1 back then, so maybe that had summat to do with it???

RE: The Plus menu keeps dissappearing by Choli on 06-23-2004 at 09:43 PM

quote:
We are using a multi-user Win98 system, might that have any influence. By multi-user I mean that each member of the family has an account and we log on as ourselves before we start using the PC.
i don't think that's the problem, as long as all users can access the folder where Plus is installed (and being it Windows 98, i think they can).
quote:
When  I say it 'dissappears' I mean that sometimes when I load up messenger it is there, and other times it isn't!
did you try the force load option i said in the previous post?
quote:
This didn't happen with Messenger Plus 2 (but also I had Messenger 6.1 back then, so maybe that had summat to do with it???
i don't think so... the problem seems to be either with plus or with another program, but not messenger. Do you use any other program like plus that has something to do with messenger? smileycentral maybe?
RE: The Plus menu keeps dissappearing by robintw on 06-24-2004 at 07:47 AM

Hi

All users can access the directory where Messenger Plus is installed and I have tried the force load option.

I have no other messenger related programs installed.

Its wierd....it seems to be completely random!

Any other ideas?

Robin

RE: The Plus menu keeps dissappearing by martin on 06-24-2004 at 08:20 AM

i have the same problem, to fix ive exited msn and ran MsnPlus.exe (which i placed as shortcut on me desktop) then reopened msn
win 98
msn 6.2.0133
plus 3.1.94