Shoutbox

sugestion for plus - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: sugestion for plus (/showthread.php?tid=27314)

sugestion for plus by [Tin_Man] on 06-16-2004 at 08:57 PM

Hey,
I really like MP!3 but there are a thing that I believe that can be improved.
When we type '\' it opens a window with all the special commands, so, why not add a feature that when we type for example '\a' only the commands that begin with an 'a' are showed. Like a search feature for the commands.
Sorry for my poor English.

RE: sugestion for plus by ddunk on 06-16-2004 at 09:03 PM

This has been requested many times and currently, the only way to do it is to press Ctrl and the letter you wish to go to. So if you press Ctrl+F, it will bring you to the first command that starts with F

RE: sugestion for plus by Choli on 06-16-2004 at 09:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
This has been requested many times
true, and patchou said he'll add it.
RE: sugestion for plus by ceramic_spider on 06-16-2004 at 09:57 PM

Just because you messed up once doesn't mean you shouldn't suggest more though ;)

RE: sugestion for plus by MC Inferno on 06-17-2004 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
This has been requested many times and currently, the only way to do it is to press Ctrl and the letter you wish to go to. So if you press Ctrl+F, it will bring you to the first command that starts with F

TOO many times. Please read the forum's first.

Welcome to the forums (Y)

Can this be put in the suggestion's please? Or deleted
RE: sugestion for plus by aNILEator on 06-17-2004 at 06:55 PM

has tabbed chatting been suggested for plus???

If it hasn't it has now :gfdrin:

RE: sugestion for plus by Choli on 06-17-2004 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
has tabbed chatting been suggested for plus???

If it hasn't it has now :gfdrin:
search "Cameno"
RE: sugestion for plus by Vengent Angel on 06-18-2004 at 01:58 AM

OK... how about a feature to check other e-mail accounts... and i don't mean pop3 'cause yahoo doens't like letting people use pop3 unless they've paid a squillion bucks for pro membership... i mean just something that checks the e-mail, looks for "unread (4)" then lets us know...

OH.. and how about a suggestions thread? i didn't see one... if there is one let me know where please?

RE: sugestion for plus by Choli on 06-18-2004 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vengent Angel
OK... how about a feature to check other e-mail accounts... and i don't mean pop3 'cause yahoo doens't like letting people use pop3 unless they've paid a squillion bucks for pro membership... i mean just something that checks the e-mail, looks for "unread (4)" then lets us know...
othere email accounts don't use POP3, that is a standar, and each one uses a way of checking emails. Patchou can't add all those ways for each email server that doesn't use POP3.
Also, most of them (like yahoo) are web based, what makes things even dificult.
quote:
OH.. and how about a suggestions thread? i didn't see one... if there is one let me know where please?
This forum, MsgPlus General Talk, is ok to post suggestions.
RE: sugestion for plus by Vengent Angel on 06-18-2004 at 08:59 AM

they might be web based... but they all have one thing in common.... "UNREAD"... all you'd need to do, is make a feature that could go to a site (anysite) and look for the text that displays how many unread e-mail there are... when i finds an unread e-mail it displays a notifier that said "account X has e-mail".... of course you'd have to include the necessary stuff to enter username and password, and since no two e-mail accounts are the same, you'd probably also have to insert what to look for, beit "unread" or "new" what ever... it could be done, only thing that would stand in the way really would be a picture based setup of displaying new messages...

RE: sugestion for plus by Choli on 06-18-2004 at 11:59 AM

quote:
they might be web based... but they all have one thing in common.... "UNREAD"...
or it may be in any language, and the word unread may ve a any place of the page.
quote:
all you'd need to do, is make a feature that could go to a site (anysite) and look for the text that displays how many unread e-mail there are...
it isn't as easy as it seems to you.

too much code for very few use.
RE: sugestion for plus by Vengent Angel on 06-18-2004 at 12:10 PM

it shouldn't matter where on the page it is... if it were just to use a "ctrl+f" type function to look for the word "unread" when that changes from it's normal state, then it lets the user know... and i reckon there'd be heaps of people that'd use it... i know i've got 4+ e-mail addresses... and i'd LOVE a feature like that.

RE: sugestion for plus by saralk on 06-18-2004 at 05:58 PM

plus would have to download a whole page, and then search for "unread" in the page, while also searching for it in every other language, and it may need to store cookies to login, or do sessions, so suddenly plus is turning into a webbrowser, all to see if you have e-mail

EDIT: take a look at this http://www.eprompter.com/

RE: sugestion for plus by Vengent Angel on 06-19-2004 at 10:13 AM

surely you won't have to download the whole page... perhaps just into a temp file, and things like languages could be set by the user, it would only be a basic program, nothing too complex... what the user would have to do is tell the program what to look for, what language, basically, you'd have to do everything accept check the mail, once the program is set up then there should be no prob... i don't think it'd be all that difficult, perhaps i'll have a look at making it myself when i've got the time

RE: RE: sugestion for plus by Sunshine on 06-19-2004 at 10:31 AM

quote:
it shouldn't matter where on the page it is... if it were just to use a "ctrl+f" type function to look for the word "unread" when that changes from it's normal state, then it lets the user know... and i reckon there'd be heaps of people that'd use it... i know i've got 4+ e-mail addresses... and i'd LOVE a feature like that.

Have u ever thought of using another program to check all ur e-mail/pop3 mailaccounts?

For example Mailwasher Pro can handle: Pop3, Hotmail, Imap and AOL accounts. Simply add the accounts into it..tell the program to load on startup and ur mail will be checked every 10 mins.

U can get it here: http://www.download.com/MailWasher-Pro/3000-2382-...8.html?tag=lst-0-1
RE: sugestion for plus by Vengent Angel on 06-19-2004 at 10:43 AM

well that's what it'll probably end up being... another program, but i particularly want something that will for for yahoo accounts, and if you could make my idea work then there is no reason, that i can see, why i wouldn't work for all account servers... unless you have to rely on finding the "unread" part in a frame... have to experiment...

RE: sugestion for plus by snoggy on 06-23-2004 at 12:26 AM

i was wondering if there is a plugin/program that lets you have more than 10 custom emoticons in the dropdown box thingy

RE: sugestion for plus by Concord Dawn on 06-23-2004 at 03:11 AM

snoggy: Wlecome to the forums :wave: Your suggestion should be put in another thread.

Vengent Angel: There is a program called Pennock E-mail Notifier which handles a number of different web-based and POP3 accounts.

RE: sugestion for plus by Vantage on 06-23-2004 at 03:13 AM

i do '\' and it does nothing :(

RE: sugestion for plus by Vengent Angel on 06-23-2004 at 03:57 AM

wow... when i press \ it prints a \ character on the screen like so: \    :D

where are you entering it? in a chat window? 'cause if so and your trying to do a command, try / not \ and follow it with a command eg "/me shows someome how to use a command" would print "Velvet Sledge shows someone how to use a command" and it will leave out the "Velvet Sledge says:" bit

what's that got to do with this forum anyway?

RE: sugestion for plus by Choli on 06-23-2004 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snoggy
i was wondering if there is a plugin/program that lets you have more than 10 custom emoticons in the dropdown box thingy
Install Messenger Plus and when you press " ( " a panel with emoticons will appear. At the bottom left of that panel there are some numbers to switch to another panels. In the default contiguration, you'll see 2 panels. The first one has all the standar messenger smilies and in the 2nd one you'll have all your custom emoticons.