Shoutbox

contact info. timestamp incomplete - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: contact info. timestamp incomplete (/showthread.php?tid=27351)

contact info. timestamp incomplete by Le Eliminateur on 06-17-2004 at 07:28 PM

when you right click a contact ->msg plus extras ->contact information
in the "recent events" pane you see the hour in hh:mm style, but if you use 12hr clock, it won't show AM/PM status and the columns aren't resizable.

And then, if you doubleclick the event, it shows the details but it also truncates the hour too, not showing AM/PM status.

here are a couple screens:
[Image: con_info.png]
[Image: ev_det.png]

notice how the AM/PM indicator is missing from the details, in the prvious msg plus 3, this was working fine.

Checking the registry tweaks help, i've found 2 entries to add "ChatLogTimeStampFmt" and "SystemLogTimeStampFmt" which i changed to add AM/PM but it didn't work either.

specs:
WinXP, 12hr time
MSN 6.2.0133
MSG plus 3.01.94

RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by Choli on 06-17-2004 at 11:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Le Eliminateur
Checking the registry tweaks help, i've found 2 entries to add "ChatLogTimeStampFmt" and "SystemLogTimeStampFmt" which i changed to add AM/PM but it didn't work either.
those entried are related to the log files (for conversations and for events).

About the am/pm thing you're saying, are you sure that worked in plus 2? and, in the local configuration settings (or similar name) in the control panel, do you have enabled the option to show the am/pm words? (not only show the time in am/pm format, but also show the "am"/"pm") :P

RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by Le Eliminateur on 06-17-2004 at 11:58 PM

yes, my system setting use 12hr time(which implies AM/PM)
i'm not talking about plus 2, i'm talking about the previous v3(or am i confused and the last oen i had was 2?)

RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by Choli on 06-18-2004 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Le Eliminateur
i'm talking about the previous v3(or am i confused and the last oen i had was 2?)
that doesn shoult matter very much, because since that feature was added (in plus 2.50 i think ) it hasn't been changed.

Anyway, I've just changed my config to display am and pm and I can see it well:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=264764]

maybe it's a problem with your windows :-/
RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by Patchou on 06-18-2004 at 12:40 AM

It's not a problem with your Windows, its just that your time column is not wide enough, thats why you see those "...". I may have to add a couple of pixels in the next version to avoid this problem.

RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by CookieRevised on 06-18-2004 at 02:19 AM

What about people who don't use the AM/PM? I mean, on 24h-format the column looks like this.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=264785]

Rather a waste of space between the timestring and the eventstring, if I may say so... :$

RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by Choli on 06-18-2004 at 08:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
It's not a problem with your Windows,
but if he uses the same font as I and I can see the am/pm and he can't.... :-/ well, maybe the problem is a couple of pixels because the diferent times displayed :$
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
What about people who don't use the AM/PM? I main, on 24h-format the column looks like this.

Rather a waste of space between the timestring and the eventstring, if I may say so...
I agree... There should be width-resizable columns, like the ones in the event log window.... and make the whole window a bit bigger :P
RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by Patchou on 06-19-2004 at 01:13 AM

dont worry, I'll improve that :)

RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by Le Eliminateur on 06-23-2004 at 12:51 AM

Great, can't wait for the next version(so i can see the details fine too)

RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by matty on 06-23-2004 at 02:59 AM

Off topic but Patchou you really need to do something about the GUI for the Event Viewer - Details window... it just suxor 8-)

A nice little image along the top would be nice... Guido step on it :P

Now back on topic, The reason your AM/PM text is not showing is because you have made your Scroll Bars larger then what they should be.
To Change it do the following.

Click Start
Click Run
Type control panel and hit enter
Double Click Display
Click the Appearance Tab
Click the Advanced Button
Drop Down the list and choose Scrollbar
Change the size to 16 and  you will be fine!

RE: contact info. timestamp incomplete by Choli on 06-23-2004 at 09:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty.
Now back on topic, The reason your AM/PM text is not showing is because you have made your Scroll Bars larger then what they should be.
I don't think that's the problem. Mine and CookieRevised's ones are as big as Le Eliminateur's, and also in the event viewer details there's no scroll bar and the AM/PM text isn't shown.