Shoutbox

toolbar - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: toolbar (/showthread.php?tid=27397)

toolbar by 108 on 06-18-2004 at 09:41 PM

Hello. When I installed MsgPlus I was all cool about it...until I found that it has installed a toolbar in my Internet Explorer browser! It's named "bowsbooblocks". I REALLY don't like it. I wish I could uninstall it.
Can somebody tell me how do I uninstall the toolbar without having to uninstall Messenger Plus?
Thanks!

RE: toolbar by Hah on 06-18-2004 at 09:43 PM

Simple:

Uninstall Plus!, then reinstall it, making sure you click I refuse, do not install the sponsor when asked during the setup.

The sponsor will be uninstalled, and plus reinstalled without the sponsor (and thus the toolbar will be uninstalled)

Oh, and welcome to the Msg Plus! community, please stay and post regularly.

Tah,

Hah

RE: toolbar by Choli on 06-18-2004 at 11:31 PM

you have more detailled information in http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=21598

:wave: welcome to the forums ;)

RE: toolbar by Anubis on 06-19-2004 at 11:58 AM

Hi 108,

It seems while installing Messenger Plus! you have installed the sponsor program by mistake: you selected I ACCEPT, install the sponsor in the installation program. Please note this is not spyware it's simply a small search bar for Internet Explorer so Patchou (the creator of Messenger Plus!)  so he can make a living off it...

If before doing the below you have attempted to remove the sponsor program by any other method, like spyware and adware removal tools, messed around in the registry or tried to delete files you must install Messenger Plus! again with the sponsor program before doing this...

To uninstall it go to Add/Remove Programs in the control panel and double click on "Messenger Plus!" (or click on Remove). Then "Messenger Plus! - Setup" is displayed.
Click on the Uninstall button. after a couple of seconds, the program will ask you if you want to keep your preferences, it is suggested to say "Yes".
Then you'll be asked to type in the number displayed in the box then click Uninstall.
Now you must click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall...If you're asked to close Internet explorer or any program do so. Now restart your computer and the sponsor program will be gone.