Shoutbox

My strange computer.... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: My strange computer.... (/showthread.php?tid=27399)

My strange computer.... by Kafman on 06-18-2004 at 10:17 PM

Ok, this happened a Thursday, one month ago, my computer has cable modem and that thursday, I couldn't enter to the forums and to other web sites (like mess.be) well, finally, I turn on my computer and today everything is fine!!
What could be the problem?:P
I tried to check for a virus, a dialer, a trojan, an adware, etc, and I doesn't found anything.
Strange isn't it??

RE: My strange computer.... by chungster on 06-18-2004 at 10:34 PM

i have cable modem and it is very unstable and im guessing it disconnected that time

RE: My strange computer.... by .blade// on 06-18-2004 at 10:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
Ok, this happened a Thursday, one month ago, my computer has cable modem and that thursday, I couldn't enter to the forums and to other web sites (like mess.be) well, finally, I turn on my computer and today everything is fine!!
What could be the problem?:P
I tried to check for a virus, a dialer, a trojan, an adware, etc, and I doesn't found anything.
Strange isn't it??

could be your :dodgy: cable modem...they do that sometimes...could have over-heated. When I had SHAW Cable internet I fried 2 modems :P
RE: My strange computer.... by Kafman on 06-18-2004 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
could be your :dodgy: cable modem...they do that sometimes...could have over-heated. When I had SHAW Cable internet I fried 2 modems:P 
Nope, that problem happens everyday until now that is fixed
EVERY single day, happened that IE showed 404 error until now

RE: My strange computer.... by MC Inferno on 06-18-2004 at 10:53 PM

While were on the subject..... I've had broadband modem a few days and I keep getting disconnected. But if I restart my PC, it's fine again. I keep a connection for a few hours usually..... what's that about?

Trouble shooter says it's lose cables, but thats wrong :S

RE: My strange computer.... by .blade// on 06-18-2004 at 11:31 PM

There could be a constraint in your NIC access code that only allows access for ____ hours.

RE: My strange computer.... by Chris.1 on 06-19-2004 at 10:37 PM

Call your cable internet provider - they made have had some technical issues during that time. They would be in a better position to help.

RE: My strange computer.... by MC Inferno on 06-19-2004 at 11:37 PM

Cheers (Y)

RE: My strange computer.... by Kafman on 06-19-2004 at 11:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chris.
Call your cable internet provider - they made have had some technical issues during that time. They would be in a better position to help.
You were right Chris, they have problem during that time, because they were "updating" the system:P