Shoutbox

Stop being added to a multiple convo? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Stop being added to a multiple convo? (/showthread.php?tid=27423)

Stop being added to a multiple convo? by Cronium on 06-19-2004 at 11:35 PM

Is there anyway to stop yourself being added to a multiple conversation with out being asked first? By multiple conversation I mean when you mass invite someone into the converation.

RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by MC Inferno on 06-19-2004 at 11:56 PM

Not Really, I GUESS you could block everyone, but I can see the obvious problems with this...... I dont think it can be done. The only way i can see it working is by making yourself not able to be put into a conversation if 5 or more people are in it, or something like that.....

Welcome to the forums (Y)

RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by .blade// on 06-19-2004 at 11:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Cronium
Is there anyway to stop yourself being added to a multiple conversation with out being asked first? By multiple conversation I mean when you mass invite someone into the converation.

No...I suggested this feature but it was not put in...
RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by Kafman on 06-20-2004 at 12:01 AM

quote:

That happened to me, but because I have many chat bots that automatically invited me to a convo, are you sure you don't have any chat bot in yours contact list?
That may be the problem.
RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by .blade// on 06-20-2004 at 12:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kafman
quote:

That happened to me, but because I have many chat bots that automatically invited me to a convo, are you sure you don't have any chat bot in yours contact list?
That may be the problem.

No he means like the chat-room style convo.s...
RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by RebelSean on 06-20-2004 at 04:30 AM

This is a awesome sugestion...Maby a request before being added? And also, maby someone can make this into a plugin or something :D

RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by lopardo on 06-20-2004 at 07:24 AM

I remember having suggested this to MS during a beta a while ago, but obviously had no success :(

RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by Millenium_edition on 06-20-2004 at 08:16 AM

this can be done using the MessengerAPI library. piece of cake ;)

RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by Cronium on 06-20-2004 at 08:54 AM

Tell us how ? ;D

RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by Millenium_edition on 06-20-2004 at 10:07 AM

you need to know programming for that... just use the IMWindowCreated events ;)

RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by Lt.Col.DraGon on 06-20-2004 at 04:57 PM

I want this new feature in msn messenger that u can first accept if you want to join a conversation because it is really annoying when im playing something the bunch of sounds in msn messenger come. I leave then they invite me again. I leave then they invite me again. I hope there is some feature or something that can tell u if u want to join the conversation or not.

RE: Stop being added to a multiple convo? by ScaryMovieFan on 09-15-2004 at 02:21 AM

You get this feature on AOL chat rooms so MSN should add it.