Shoutbox

Color Nick not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Color Nick not working (/showthread.php?tid=27435)

Color Nick not working by banky on 06-20-2004 at 04:34 AM

I was wondering why all of a sudden my color nick name stopped working on msn i worked fine untill about an hour ago when i set the msgplus settings to deafualt.If anyone can help tell me.

RE: Color Nick not working by RebelSean on 06-20-2004 at 04:38 AM

Umm, i have already told ya this before correct?? anyways here is the way I "THINK" it should work..Plus>preferences>Instant Messages>Comands&tags> allow the use of commands and tags.....I think that will fix it man...

RE: Color Nick not working by banky on 06-20-2004 at 04:42 AM

no u haven't

RE: Color Nick not working by Tochjo on 06-20-2004 at 07:50 AM

To use colour in your name, open a conversation window, type /nick and a space and press ctrl-k. Then click the colour you want, type your name and press enter. If you want to use multiple colours, just use ctrl-k in your name multiple times, right before where you want the colour to show up.

RE: Color Nick not working by lylesback2 on 06-20-2004 at 09:17 PM

umm thought it was /nick2 ?

RE: Color Nick not working by Choli on 06-20-2004 at 10:05 PM

/nick and /nick2 are exactly the same except for a little diference: When you use /nick and use colors or format in your nick, Plus adds a Ctrl + O at the end of it (ie: it resets the format). With this, you can have a red nick and the "says:" text will be its original color. The same for all the texts that follow a nick (for example: "<nick> is sending you a file bla bla bla", etc...)

What /nick2 does is just not to add that Ctrl + O.