Shoutbox

Suggestion for a sound - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion for a sound (/showthread.php?tid=27447)

Suggestion for a sound by deltaalphanova on 06-20-2004 at 09:15 PM

I think everybody would enjoy the sound of crickets chirping.
It would be really funny to use after soembody tells a joke that is clearly not funny.
I've even found/edited the sound for you.

No rush or anything, I just think it would be cool, thanks patchou.

EDIT: Apprently I can't attach .wav files, oh well. Ask me for it if you want it and I'll send it over.

RE: Suggestion for a sound by Choli on 06-20-2004 at 10:07 PM

You can zip it or save it in mp3 format. Also there's a maximun size for each type of attachment. It's arround a half or one Mb (depends on if the file is a zip, rar, txt, etc...)

RE: Suggestion for a sound by RebelSean on 06-20-2004 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by deltaalphanova
I think everybody would enjoy the sound of crickets chirping.
It would be really funny to use after soembody tells a joke that is clearly not funny.
I've even found/edited the sound for you

That would be a nice thing if it could be included in the plus program...Maby if we get enough people patchou might add it?? I my self would like it lol :d

RE: Suggestion for a sound by .blade// on 06-20-2004 at 10:17 PM

So many good osunds suggested, so few added >_>

RE: Suggestion for a sound by Choli on 06-20-2004 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
That would be a nice thing if it could be included in the plus program...Maby if we get enough people patchou might add it?? I my self would like it lol
By now, he don't want new sounds be added because of the increases of size that would suppose. However, you can use the plugin called audiator that is the best alternative for custom sounds.
RE: Suggestion for a sound by .blade// on 06-20-2004 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
That would be a nice thing if it could be included in the plus program...Maby if we get enough people patchou might add it?? I my self would like it lol
By now, he don't want new sounds be added because of the increases of size that would suppose. However, you can use the plugin called audiator that is the best alternative for custom sounds.

audiator is crap :P You have to send them the sound file and then put it in the right place and set it all up :P takes too long, on top of being "/xau" instead of "/s"
RE: Suggestion for a sound by CookieRevised on 06-20-2004 at 11:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
audiator is crap You have to send them the sound file and then put it in the right place and set it all up takes too long, on top of being "/xau" instead of "/s"
* That's the way it works in the real world... Every other plugin/addon/etc. will have to do the same thing, that's not audiators fault...

* And about /xau vs. /s, you can solve that by using the QuickTexts

* If one sound is added to Plus! I hope it is the old noexcuse sound though
RE: Suggestion for a sound by ceramic_spider on 06-21-2004 at 12:03 AM

:bow:/snoexcuse:bow:/
but the cricket sound is good.  I was thinking about it today when i was eating and my mom told a joke and nobody laughed.
Feels awkward cause then nobody knows who should talk next

RE: RE: Suggestion for a sound by deltaalphanova on 06-21-2004 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ceramic_spider
:bow:/snoexcuse:bow:/
but the cricket sound is good.  I was thinking about it today when i was eating and my mom told a joke and nobody laughed.
Feels awkward cause then nobody knows who should talk next

thats excatly what i'm talking about.
(And for the record i want the old no excuse sound back aswell)
RE: RE: Suggestion for a sound by ceramic_spider on 06-21-2004 at 01:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli

Once again we go back to this post